Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613855 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
Looked into the deep dark recesses of my Steam Library queue for something new and cracked open Witcher. I'll need to figure out how the combat system works.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Vellos0x1

• What goes here?
    • Steam
Dota 2 nothing else

after my FSO broke  :( :( :(

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
We can un-break it!  Post in the support forum!

(unless you snapped a CD in half, in which case there's only so much we can do)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
FSO is not shipped on CDs, what year is this.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Was going to boot up Planetside 2 again, but it wants to download 8,505 MB of updates. Bleh.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Played and beat DmC (which had a lot more interesting gameplay than I was expecting, although the plot was idiotic) and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (which was hilarious), and started playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Please, call me Erinys.

And this? This is my weapon, Soul Eater. Sometimes, I just call it "Winstick":

Relevant mods:
Climates of Tamriel
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
A UNP body mod
Pretty Face
Improved Vanilla Hair
Eisen Platte Armor (plus texture upgrate)
Leere Armor
Classic Scythe (it's only as powerful as a Dragonbone Greatsword, I just maxed smithing and enchanting, and got a bunch of 2-handed weapon buffs)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Actually, that reminds me.

Can I get a list of recommended graphics mods for Skyrim? I can't stand the way the vanilla game looks for some reason.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline crizza

Still enemy Within... loaded a savegame, avoided the Site Recon mission, as the savegame was before the abdusction which would trigger it.
UK bugged out but I'm doing fine.
Knowing that the base defense will come sooner or later and me having just cracked heavy plasma, all soldiers are arme with light or standard plasma guns, exalt LAR and standard laser...

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Actually, that reminds me.

Can I get a list of recommended graphics mods for Skyrim? I can't stand the way the vanilla game looks for some reason.

You install the HD package in Steam?

Also, though not graphical, the Unofficial Patches are pretty much mandatory.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You install the HD package in Steam?

Also, though not graphical, the Unofficial Patches are pretty much mandatory.

Yes.

And also, yes.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline crizza

What happens, if I assault Exalt Base before encountering Annette? Is the Story arc void then?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Bought SC2:HotS and played it all in (roughly) one sitting. Yay for it being on sale!

Offline crizza

Still Xcom...
Gollop Chamber only needs to be activated, Exalt is long gone, ingame I'm fighting the Aliens for over a year...and neither Slingshor nor Operation Progeny have popped out...
Well, Friends in Low Places came rather early and I refused to play it, so I'm waiting.
My Alpha Tea consists of to MECs, one with KSM, the other with flamer as fire support, a mobility Sniper, a heavy and an assault. Not to mention that the site recon popped out while Canada was at lowest panic possible, but with my Alpha Team it was a piece of cake...
So, now I'm stuck assaulting landed or downed UFOs, Terror missions and so on...

Is there a way to check if I have the sidestorys activated?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
replaying strike suit zero to try out the DLC i got LAST christmas sale.  or maybe it was summer.  but it's been a long time.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Plugged in ye old Xbox yesterday and got me the new Tomb Raider. It's surprisingly good, though not the least bit challenging (and I'm playing on hard).

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Given my little vision problem, the only games I can play these days are ones whose visual acuity requirements are low, such as adventure games and Pokémon, which conveniently is turn-based. Also means no FS mods for me. :blah:

Just replayed Death Gate (highly recommended for adventure fans, which on HLP seems to consist of just me :nervous:) and then played Mission Critical. Ah, the '90s.

EDIT: Correction.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Of all things, I got back into military flight sim junkie mode. Nowhere close to the real thing with any of these, but what the hell.

F-19 Stealth Fighter: After dying in my last run, I got back into Major rank in the course of five missions. The one that got me to Major: North Cape, Air-to-Air Mission against Regular Opponents and Easy Landing.

My job was to destroy a TU-95 (Primary) and destroy the Mobile SAM at Carlsbad (secondary). Luckily the target was just 30 kilometers east of my start point: AMRAAM him, done. Sneak up on an IL-76, AMRAAM him, done. Blow up the SAM with a Maverick: done. Kill bad guys and get to my return point through a mountain trench: done.

Jane's USAF: I'm just grateful I managed to do The Battle of Salzburg with ZERO friendly casualties (seriously, I tend to lose a lot of wingmen, meaning pilots and F-15Es, on this one). Other times, it's freaking hilarious when I manage to use Mavericks to destroy planes. (Yes, the imaging system recognizes aircraft as valid targets, and no, they don't deploy countermeasures.)

Comanche Gold: Managed to do six campaigns for something like the 14th time. (Two missions in Desert Endeavor and two in Kingpin suck. The rest of Desert Endeavor, including the final mission, is actually easy. Kingpin likes to throw a load of traps requiring extensive use of surprise tactics and surgical precision.)

Gunship 2000: I-I just s-started, and I finally decided to let my WSO handle just the countermeasures. I-I got pissed off with his handling of weapons (seriously, bloody inaccurate handling of Hellfires), and the moment I decided to take the weapons, we got shot up less and I had a good kill streak going, but when I landed at the FARP to refuel, well, I got stuck on the pad and all my controls froze up (as in, no input would be accepted). Damn it.

And unfortunately, for most of these, I had to use my PSX-esque gamepad (my SideWinder's starting to die, and I need a recommendation or two to replace it before I utterly destroy it on my next go of FSO, Strike Suit, or Star Citizen).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Skyrim has come and eaten my life
Doo-dah, doo-dah
And now I have a very disgruntled wife
Oh do do dah day.
Gonna shoot arrows all night, gonna fling magic all day
"No really, honey, I won't be long" "Get off the computer or you'll pay!"

* MP-Ryan whistles off into the distance, followed by a wife with a wooden broom handle.

But seriously, Skyrim is way too much fun.  And also hard early on - I keep getting my head split in half by bandit bosses in 2-3 hits.  Grrrrr.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Those rare times when one is actually glad to be single. :D