Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613901 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: What are you playing right now?
Those rare times when one is actually glad to be single. :D

For the life of me, I can't understand why you'd get married in the game.  Seriously.  One actual wife is trouble enough - who wants a digital one, merchant benefits be damned? :P
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Lorric

For the life of me, I can't understand why you'd get married in the game.  Seriously.  One actual wife is trouble enough - who wants a digital one, merchant benefits be damned? :P
I guess your wife does not see HLP... ;)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter

Well, no, but I've told her on more than one occasion that I don't understand polygamists either, because one wife is more than enough trouble =)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Lorric

Well, no, but I've told her on more than one occasion that I don't understand polygamists either, because one wife is more than enough trouble =)
Heh. :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Other times, it's freaking hilarious when I manage to use Mavericks to destroy planes. (Yes, the imaging system recognizes aircraft as valid targets, and no, they don't deploy countermeasures.)

Fun fact; this was actually done to a helicopter in Gulf One.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Skyrim: spent a little time burning through my accumulated ingredients, and maxed alchemy and looped back around to 50. Now I have more potions that make me even more invulnerable than before, and can sell the weird ones for ALL THE MONEY. With my current equipment and enchanting/smithing skills, there's no reason to loot anything any more :(

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
If you want to break the game, try abusing potions of restoration, then smith better alchemy gear, brewing even more ridiculous potions. do that 5 times, brew some enchantment potions, take some more restoration potions and you'll be able to pull of things like +10000% enchantment to anything. Do that with stamina, life reg, magic res, feather, damage and stealth and you have effectively broken the game. Now the fun part: Give that godlike equiment to one of your most liked companions. And then just watch them obliterate anything that stands in your way. Also works with reverse pickpocketing into NPCs. ^^

Edit: It can get boring because you'll never see an alive enemy again. If you don't want to break the game, don't go over +600% of anything. And set the difficulty to master.
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Right now I be playing......

PS3 = Resident Evil 6, Batman Arkham Origins ( :yes: ), GTA V
Laptop = Half Life 2 (cos my Laptop is ****ty and won't let me play Diaspora  :( !) and various Facebook games :(
Smartphone = N.O.V.A. 3 ( :yes: ), The Dark Knight Rises (  :yes: ), Modern Combat 3 ( :yes: ), Gangstar 4: Las Vegas ( :yes: ) and dipping into a little GT Racing 2
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
If you want to break the game, try abusing potions of restoration, then smith better alchemy gear, brewing even more ridiculous potions. do that 5 times, brew some enchantment potions, take some more restoration potions and you'll be able to pull of things like +10000% enchantment to anything. Do that with stamina, life reg, magic res, feather, damage and stealth and you have effectively broken the game. Now the fun part: Give that godlike equiment to one of your most liked companions. And then just watch them obliterate anything that stands in your way. Also works with reverse pickpocketing into NPCs. ^^

Edit: It can get boring because you'll never see an alive enemy again. If you don't want to break the game, don't go over +600% of anything. And set the difficulty to master.

The unofficial patches prevent this.

I'm finding that - at level 27 - I have neglected my combat skills too much as even bears tend to give me some trouble at the moment.  I'm OK if I pull off sneak attacks with daggers, but otherwise I keep finding that I need to be much cleverer in combat than in previous TES games.

...then again, I haven't been able to abuse custom drain/absorb health and soul trap weapons as much, either.... Oblivion, you could throw a cheap Drain Health with Soultrap on anything and as long as the duration was about 5 seconds, you could stack successive hits.... meaning draining 500-600 health at a time from an enemy to kill them.

Smithing takes FOREVER to level.  Ugh.

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
As for smithing, the easiest thing remains mass producing cheap items. Although I'd imagine the unofficial patches might have patched that out as well. All the more reasons for me to ignore them.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Fallout: New Vegas for 360.

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Ok, still playing Freespace, done with Tides of Darkness, now going to give Macfie's rerelease of Incursion and Return to Sol a try.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
just started skyrim.  also just started the "i have no time for anything anymore" phase at work.  good planning.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Antichamber
The hints in this game make me rethink life
"No"

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Antichamber
The hints in this game make me rethink life

Antichamber is great. I still haven't figured if I am done with the game or not though, because after getting the red gun, I was unable to get any further in the rooms that apparently weren't finished yet.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm still trying to get the yellow one
I've literally been running around like a blind fool going "I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING"

"No"

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
The map symbols are a huge help, showing you were there is still another route to be taken or puzzle to be solved. Also, don't expect physics to apply. Or logic. They don't. The only rule that always wins the day in Antichamber is: The rules you know from everyday life are all wrong. Try something ridiculous and completely random and there's a high chance you'll succeed. Walking backwards, walking sideways, going back around the corner you just came from and stuff like that.

Offline Husker

I'm guessing it was called antichamber for a reason.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Path of Exile and Fallout: New Vegas.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Other times, it's freaking hilarious when I manage to use Mavericks to destroy planes. (Yes, the imaging system recognizes aircraft as valid targets, and no, they don't deploy countermeasures.)

Fun fact; this was actually done to a helicopter in Gulf One.

Wasn't there a part when a Paveway launched from an F-15E managed to down a helo in a later operation? I have yet to pull that off.

Anywho, Kid Icarus Uprising and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.