Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613751 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
No kidding, I've been watching some playthroughs on the Tube today and witnessed a platoon of T80Us poke their noses over a hill into a mess of IFVs and AAA.

Holy ****.  That was the fastest 680 points I've every seen, close in KE is nothing to joke about.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yes, KE damage scales with range so up close autocannon vehicles will chew apart tanks.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Fellow Skyrim players, have you guys tried out the SkyUI interface upgrade?  If not, check it it out - it massively fixes the user interfaces for the inventory and magic menus, and adds grouping features to the Favorites (meaning one button can equip both hands, armour, spells, and shouts at once without fiddling around).
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

People play Skyrim without SkyUI?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
People play Skyrim without SkyUI?

Errrrr

* MP-Ryan slinks off shamefully

While I'm asking, any other essential mods other than the USEPs?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
While I'm asking, any other essential mods other than the USEPs?
...USEPs? Do you mean the Unofficial Patches? I've never seen that acronym before (and I can't imagine what that "E" is supposed to stand for...).

But actually, aside from SkyUI and the Unofficial Patches, I wouldn't call any other mods "essential" for Skyrim, in a nice change of pace from Morrowind and Oblivion. There are plenty of interesting mods, but whether or not you want them depends entirely on your personal preferences.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
That should have been UESPs, which stand for Unofficial Elder Scrolls Patches, a leftover naming convention from Oblivion.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
That should have been UESPs, which stand for Unofficial Elder Scrolls Patches, a leftover naming convention from Oblivion.
UESP almost always refers to the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages, a wiki for the series; making it also refer to Unofficial Patches is just confusing. The preferred acronym is "USKP" for Unofficial SKyrim Patch(es) (as used by the USKP team themselves).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Sins Of A Solar Empire: Rebellion.

Yo dawg, I heard you like fighters, so we put fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters so you can fend off hordes of fighters while the Advent spam more fighters. :mad: :banghead:

Offline Husker

Well, I've finally gotten around to buying a PS3 and I'm going to start playing Gran Turismo 5 soon. Hope to have the Mass Effect Trilogy soon as well.

Sins Of A Solar Empire: Rebellion.

Yo dawg, I heard you like fighters, so we put fighters with fighters *massive snip* with fighters with fighters with fighters with fighters  so you can fend off hordes of fighters while the Advent spam more fighters. :mad: :banghead:
Annoyed much?

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Finished Dishonored. Still haven't killed anyone yet. Somehow managed to Ghost the final mission.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Lorric

Well, I've finally gotten around to buying a PS3 and I'm going to start playing Gran Turismo 5 soon.
Right now I'm cleaning and tidying, and my B-Spec drivers are winning me cash and cars. :D

Offline Kolgena

Finished Dishonored. Still haven't killed anyone yet. Somehow managed to Ghost the final mission.

Now go through it again and play it like you're Neo from the Matrix. It's insane how overpowered you are with blink. Blink here, blink there, blink blink everywhere.

I've been enjoying hitman absolution. I'm actually finding it quite challenging, which is a good thing. Much harder than any of the splinter cells, but lots of that is how hard it is to learn a map when you can't afford to be discovered. Second playthrough will probably be breezy.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Now go through it again and play it like you're Neo from the Matrix. It's insane how overpowered you are with blink. Blink here, blink there, blink blink everywhere.

I think next time will be my Corvo Attano, The Loudest Man In Dunwall playthrough.

Rules: Duel everyone you see with only swords, and always announce your presence in some flashy way, such as blowing up whale oil containers or firing your pistol into the air. No magic allowed except for Bend Time (to dispose of grenades and bullets more easily to keep the fight fair) or Blink (to separate guards from the pack or troll them).

Turning Dishonored into a swashbuckler game, one kill at a time.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline crizza

World of tanks...
The new battle mode Confrontation is not that good.
Every battle against the french results in pairs of french tanks forming autoloader deathtraps. Once you're hit the first time you can as well quit the battle.
Other than that, I'm on the second german TD line. A tier 8 gun in a tier 5 TD?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We had a big HLP WALB session last night, including (mostly) great victories. If you want to join in then hang out on #bp.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
We had a big HLP WALB session last night, including (mostly) great victories. If you want to join in then hang out on #bp.

* StarSlayer files that info away
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I'd love to play with you guys but I'm absolutely abysmal at that game. :p

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's okay, we've been doing makeshift tutorials (except, er, that one game). The big problem has been com discipline more than player performance  :nervous:

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I'd hop in if I had WALB.  I've just got EE.  With the new one coming out so soon, I think I'll save my money.