Author Topic: Bosch's monologues  (Read 8071 times)

Offline DIO

Reading his monologues in karajorma's site, I notniced he deeply regrets of the making of Neo Terran Front, and say they are just a bunch of stupid cattle driven by their hatred and fear towards the Vasudan.
And he also says his regime brought nothing but tyranny and destruction.
Apparently he is feeling a guilt of his actions.

The conclusion is, perhaps he is insane, but certainly not stupid.
He has a clear motivation for his acts, and he believes it's for the greater benefit of human race.
Unlike ohter NTF sects, He has no hatred toward Vasudans, and regret the violent acts of NTF towards the Vasudan.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Originally posted by Singh

Yes. But look at the origin of the beam. It appears in those two pics that a shivan beam is hitting another shivan vessel, while a GTVA vessel appears to be attacking it and giving the other shivan vessel cover....

Rather than being the Key to Unlock Freespace 3, however, it is more likely just another boo-boo from the masterminds behind Battle of Deneb: Lucy Shoots First.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Blaise Russel

Rather than being the Key to Unlock Freespace 3, however, it is more likely just another boo-boo from the masterminds behind Battle of Deneb: Lucy Shoots First.

still damn odd if you ask me :P

surprised nobody else even noticed it tho....
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Aldo: The same thing I'm saying. He can only contact them if they're there in the first place. :)
Ane we know Bosch is a man that doesn't mind any consequences.

Singh: No. It's a vasudan vessel that blows up AFAIS.

Originally posted by DIO
Reading his monologues in karajorma's site, I notniced he deeply regrets of the making of Neo Terran Front, and say they are just a bunch of stupid cattle driven by their hatred and fear towards the Vasudan.
And he also says his regime brought nothing but tyranny and destruction.
Apparently he is feeling a guilt of his actions.

The conclusion is, perhaps he is insane, but certainly not stupid.
He has a clear motivation for his acts, and he believes it's for the greater benefit of human race.
Unlike ohter NTF sects, He has no hatred toward Vasudans, and regret the violent acts of NTF towards the Vasudan.

He is not feeling regret or guilt. You have to listen and watch the movies - his tone is what gives away his feelings. It is irony, what he's feeling.
 The only point of doubt and regret is when he enters the nebula, wondering how old it may be.
And yes, he has no hatred against the Vasudans, but he wants humanity to survive... at any cost.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Lightspeed

Singh: No. It's a vasudan vessel that blows up AFAIS.

errr...no. The vasudan vessel blows in the first scene/pic I posted. The highlighted section clearly shows a Moloch class corvette with a red beam either hitting it or originating from it. The second pic shows the same pic a few seconds later with the red beam going through the same patch of space, meaning the Moloch has either moved away from or been destroyed by the big red shivan beam firing at it.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
The Moloch has moved away, yes. And the beam was not firing AT the Moloch, but behind it. If you look closely, you can see the beam ends in the exploding vessel, and is merely covered by the shockwave and the Moloch (which is in front of it, so you don't see it anymore). The beam originates from another Shivan ship in the background.

In the second image the beam is now of course going its whole length, as it isnt stopped by the Vasudan vessel anymore which blew up. The Moloch has moved on, and doesn't obscure it either, anymore.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I suppose Bosch's monologues are the ultimate embodiment of 'The ends justify the means'.

Bosch believed that no matter how poorly he was known to history, no matter how many people died because of his actions, that what he was doing was ultimately for our 'good'. Whether this was the rambling of a genius who was right or a madman who was wrong, I'm not sure, but either way, whatever he was doing was going to be the pivot point of FS3 imho.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Lightspeed
The Moloch has moved away, yes. And the beam was not firing AT the Moloch, but behind it. If you look closely, you can see the beam ends in the exploding vessel, and is merely covered by the shockwave and the Moloch (which is in front of it, so you don't see it anymore). The beam originates from another Shivan ship in the background.

In the second image the beam is now of course going its whole length, as it isnt stopped by the Vasudan vessel anymore which blew up. The Moloch has moved on, and doesn't obscure it either, anymore.

No, it cant be covered by the shockwave, or we wouldn't have been able to see it hit the moloch in hte first place (remember, their is shockwave wash there as well). Or if not there, at least it would be visible inside hte 'inner' black part or at least hitting the ship as it exploded, none of which were observed.
However, i do conceed that it could just be the Moloch moved into the way of hte beam as it was firing at the Destroyer, but it still doesn't discount the possibility of something else...wonder if its a volition cookie...most likely a mistake tho.

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
I heard someone needed the wavs, I don't have them (they're to big to be uploaded) but I uploaded mp3 versions of the 4 monologues

Here they are
4 Monologues (10.7Mb)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 01:27:08 pm by 29 »
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)