Author Topic: thruster optomiseation  (Read 7368 times)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
*downloads*

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
:doubt: :eek2: people are testing it.. :wtf:

...welll, you all seeing similar results?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

I'm getting near 120fps in 20 fighter furballs. The inclusion of the 24 rotating turret BSG drops performance to 10 fps.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
is that better or worse than before?
you mentioned there were problems with the turrets.

and you are useing th 05a build, right?
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

where does these DLL's go?

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Usually just in the same place as the exe.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I figured I'd post this here, since this is the latest thead started by Bob in the new builds subforum.  I was playing around with external weapons yesterday and noticed that when it comes to how many missiles to display externally, the code seems to override bank cappacity in favor of number of firepoints.  Basically, I've got an Apollo with an external bank with 3 firepoints (1st under centerline, 1 under each nacelle).  I've got bank cappacity set so that it can carry either 3 MX-50's or 1 Phoenix V, but if I set a Phoenix as the loadout for that bank, it renders one on all 3 firepoints.  Obviously, that shouldn't happen.  Displayed external secondary weapons should match the cappacity of that bank (unless, the cappacity for a selected secondary exceeds the number of firepoints for that bank), starting on the 1st firepoint in that bank.  I haven't tested this with WMCoolmon's "ex" build yet, but I thought I'd post this here before I forgot.

Despite this, it did work, and it was the first time I got bank-specific loadouts to function properly.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
were you useing the first build in that thread or the later one that was suposed to fix this?
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
That was using your March 12 build.  I think I also tested it with WMCoolmon's March 18th build.  I'll try it with your 14a build and WMC's ex build tonight.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!