Author Topic: Two new screenshots  (Read 26858 times)

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
...re-doing the demo and making sure it works with the new stuff delays the end project, dont do it lol not worth the time and effort me thinkgs :p
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Well now that you've said that, we'll definatly re-do it.

Offline Osiri

I have been watching you guys since 2001 I think.  I know I was in college.  I registered back then when you were still voilitionwatch and only posted once.  Since then I have just logged in occasionally and checked out the situations with Freespace.  Anyway, this has become a pass time.
I loved FS1 and FS2 since I was in high school(like 14 or so).

Contrary to what everyone keeps on saying, I don't ever want BWO released.  I want you to keep on working on it forever.

IF YOU RELEASE IT, I WOULD BE VERY SAD.

You mustn't.  You must keep working on it so when I am in my mid-30s and bored I can still come back here and get a few laughs.

Seriously though, you guys are the most devoted developers I have ever met.  What started out as a simple campaign has span 5 years or is it 6 now, you have gone from just creating a campaign to actually helping to rewrite the source code for FS2.  Oh ya that was when I registered, I ask if I could help out with the SCP and I was going to put movies in or something but never got around to much after that.  

From a computer scientist, my hat is off to you.  You have no idea how many of my fellow students would die before putting the effort you have into this project.  I am referring to those students getting paid to do it too.

Anyway, I was sitting here working on patent and I just had to register and post.  

I just SNAPPED.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

I guess I should read I have to have this done by morning.  

I really meant it though you guys are sooooooo much fun.  

Cross thread but I remember Dark and Agatheron along with many others who are no longer here.  

I loved watching you guys through the flame war with Derek.  I think it is hilarious that you always find something else to tweak or add.  

I am always half expecting to come back and find that you guys have finally quit. I thought for sure that when IceFire graduated(I guess that was what happened right?) BWO would die.  But you guys are still here torturing people.

OH AND I LOVE THE WEBSITE. THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR OVER A YEAR NOW HUH.

Anyway, I posted this all as a joke and I hope no one takes offense.

PLEASE DON'T BAN ME.

PLEASE DON'T RIDICULE OR HATE ME.

Oh I definitely think that it you ever do finish BWO, you absolutely must do a sequel.  As BlackDove(I think?) said, you must then torture the community with it for the next 5 to 10 years.  I swear the most hillarious part is FS2 came out in 1998(7 or 8 years ago) and you guys are still working on it.

I have been watching BWO and I will consider it the true FS3 in many ways.  I think it is the most... true of any of the major plot additions. Inferno is good too but I don't know about the Gigas and the whats the biggest thing?(and I hope there is no insult with me saying that and I hope I am remembering my campaigns(its been a while))

Man you can tell I'm a windbag lawyer.  Either that or I am extremely sleep deprived and I have no clue what I am doing.  You know what **** this reading.  I will just tell the Prof I did not have time because I was posting.  He will be fine with that.  Hmmm, must think up better excuse.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 09:38:58 am by 3173 »
Got any patentable ideas?  Got $20K laying around.  I will need every penny to help you.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Pressing the "post reply" button is bad for you. It causes me to hate you.

I'll be nice today. It's your first post (craziest first post I've ever seen, but still a first one)

Next time I won't. The "edit" button is right there.

Use it.

Oh and :welcome:

It's nice to have fans. Even if they're batshit insane.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 05:34:07 am by 461 »

Offline Osiri

Sorry I got carried away.  I really am quite sane.  :nervous: Really I am.
Got any patentable ideas?  Got $20K laying around.  I will need every penny to help you.

Offline Osiri

No no no.  I want to play it bad.  Else, I honestly would not come back over and over for 5 years.  On the other hand, at this point I would be sad if the wait was over.  It has been soo long I would not know what to do if the wait was over.  I love coming back here and seeing that it is still not done.   On the other hand I would love to play it.  That is why I said you must continue and produce the further sequel to BWO and make me wait another 10 years for that one.  Else what would I have to do.

Seriously High Max I am just full of it and making a joke.  

I want the mod.  I want to play it.  I just can't write jokes like this in life. (Other lawyers and Profs would not like it very much)  I just wanted to play around.  Also consider I hadn't slept in 40 hours.   But I would be sad to some extent that the development of the wonderful mod was over.  I don't know.  Class

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Osiri
Also consider I hadn't slept in 40 hours.
:lol:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Best.  Posts.  Ever. :lol:

Offline Osiri

Man is this thread ever dead.  What happened I came in and ran everyone off.  (see my first post ever here above THE REALLY LONG ONE)

Do I smell that bad?  Was it something I said?  I guess I am doomed to loneliness for the rest of eternity.  

I am like Akin.  Oh well doomed to roam alone.  

YES I AM ALONE AGAIN WOO HOO.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
It's not you, I rarely come across new posting on this forum myself.  That's probably a good thing, means they're working on getting BWO done :D.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Osiri
Man is this thread ever dead.  What happened I came in and ran everyone off.  (see my first post ever here above THE REALLY LONG ONE)

Do I smell that bad?  Was it something I said?  I guess I am doomed to loneliness for the rest of eternity.  

I am like Akin.  Oh well doomed to roam alone.  

YES I AM ALONE AGAIN WOO HOO.

Man...give me an hour to get to the post or something or other :)

I totally missed this one and its fantastic.  Thanks for joining us and sharing in the collective insanity...because really...we are.

Yeah BWO has gone on for a very long time.  When I started plotting this thing out with Kellan over ICQ years ago I was in High School.  Now I'm a university graduate starting at my first job (ironically at the university).  My role is backseat now...I just post stupid messages like this one.  The movers and shakers are BlackDove and Ace and really after all this time I couldn't stay very focused.

But I do my bit and I'm starting to work on some website stuff in the near future.  It needs some work and I need to get to it sometime soon.

Anyways, thanks for joining and welcome to the HLPBB!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
And now I've killed the thread properly...
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Make way! Make way, I'm a doctor and I know what to do.

*grabs defibrillator pads*

All clear--I'm shocking on 3--1, 2, 3

*BZZZZZZZ*

No reaction  ....come on ...you can do it.....don't you dare dying on me.

All clear--I'm shocking on 3--1, 2, 3

*BZZZZZZZ*

Damned, we're losing it. Inject another 50ccm of liquified new screenshots or it's gone for good!
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
(flatline noise)  He's dead, Jim........

Offline Osiri

lol this thread has just about had it

Not even the doctor can revive it

I can't believe that IceFire was the death of the Thread

Offline watsisname

Maybe I'm just totally out of it, but in that first screen, what is that object at the top center?  
Maybe it's some new kind of ship or sentry gun or something?  Maybe it's a secret... :nervous:  Maybe it's just debris and my eyes are fooling me.  Anyway, what is it?
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
would appear to be either a rock, or peice of debris.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Yup, no HTL asteroids yet in game.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
If by HTL you mean "high poly" then  TBP has higher poly asteroids. Go ask Sigma957 or Stithe2000 about them.

Oh and, finished yet? :D
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Osiri