Author Topic: And what about making a Halo mod about FS2?  (Read 33179 times)

Re: And what about making a Halo mod about FS2?
Seems like a typical case of Crysis-spoiled graphics whore to me.

Well... if he can make a good shivan model for one person shooter combat in a halo mod he can say whatever he want.
But, without doing so, i still being fanatically devoted to HLP models!  :)
See ya!
A flying doctor in the middle of dogfighting game? it's better to come back to my books...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well... if he can make a good shivan model for one person shooter combat in a halo mod he can say whatever he want.

IMO no, he can't. Even if he is a good modeller he has absolutely no excuse to go bashing other people's work.

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void

IMO no, he can't. Even if he is a good modeller he has absolutely no excuse to go bashing other people's work.
I agree.
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

I agree.

Ok... i haven´t seen the thing by this point... i f i had realised that he was messing with other works i wouldn´t have said that.
You 2 have the reason.
A flying doctor in the middle of dogfighting game? it's better to come back to my books...

Offline aurora_energy

So is this project going to happen...?
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Nope. Not unless Devrous has had another catastrophic hard drive failure.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Why would you like to use the Halo engine? This engine is like 6 years old...
I think the Crysis engine would be the better choice...  :nervous:
OMG! We're lost: Kryptonite = Tiberium

Offline aurora_energy

uh.. ok.... you go ahead and get started...

well... i really don´t know crisis...
To tell you the truth i have pour understanding in programming stuff...
I suggested Hallo just because this is one system that at least one of you good programmers understand well.
However, as a player, i believe that there a lot of first person shooter platforms that could be used... including swat tatics, halo, medal of honour, battlefield... each one have a diferent point of view... swat could give us a good tatical movement for ship invasion, battlefield an idea about ground combat with air support...
see ya.

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Why would you like to use the Halo engine? This engine is like 6 years old...
I think the Crysis engine would be the better choice...  :nervous:

maybe because most computers can't run crysis
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Anyone will expect a Crysis TC to have astonishing GFX.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline aurora_energy

I suggested Hallo just because this is one system that at least one of you good programmers understand well.
However, as a player, i believe that there a lot of first person shooter platforms that could be used... including swat tatics, halo, medal of honour, battlefield... each one have a diferent point of view... swat could give us a good tatical movement for ship invasion, battlefield an idea about ground combat with air support...
see ya.
dont give me that... i think halo will be one of the best engines to build it on. you were probably right to begin with... unless we use an older engine such as quake 3.

I think it is also fair to say that halo is built on an engine which is more open, so it will be a lot easyer to mod.
as for crisis, it is based on dat files ect and therefore you will need to be a programmer to mod.

so like i said, if you want it to be built on the crisis engine, dave2040, we are going to leave it to you, cause i am sorry to say, noone else is as intelligent as you. :hopping:

see ya.
dont give me that... i think halo will be one of the best engines to build it on. you were probably right to begin with... unless we use an older engine such as quake 3.

I think it is also fair to say that halo is built on an engine which is more open, so it will be a lot easyer to mod.
as for crisis, it is based on dat files ect and therefore you will need to be a programmer to mod.

so like i said, if you want it to be built on the crisis engine, dave2040, we are going to leave it to you, cause i am sorry to say, noone else is as intelligent as you. :hopping:

has the halo source been released though
cause I know Crysis's has
it comes with modpack
although i have no clue what any of the code means ( i wish i did though)

Offline aurora_energy

and you are absolutly sure that the modpack was not made by the creators of the game?
and as for the code... this only pushes my last statement

and you are absolutly sure that the modpack was not made by the creators of the game?
and as for the code... this only pushes my last statement

yeah the code comes in the official SDK
at least i think its all of the code
i really have no way to tell though
its in a folder called CryEngine which contains 3.08 mb of c++ source and header files
interestingly enough, vehicles and weapons are configured through files similar to volitions .tbl

Offline aurora_energy

But I think the programming in the .tbl files is compleatly diffrent to that of freespace.
.tbl is just a file extention. it is the same as a .txt

But I think the programming in the .tbl files is compleatly diffrent to that of freespace.
.tbl is just a file extention. it is the same as a .txt

You're completly right.
I shoudl explain.  The crysis vehicle stats/date/whatever 9at least for mods) is stored in .xml files that are not implemented in the same way as the .tbl and do contain xml code.
I jujst mean t that it was a file devoted only to the vehicle statistics and was easily editable.
if someone wanted to do a crysis mod, they could probably get some good advice from crymod.

Offline aurora_energy

maybe... but i still recon noone here would know where to start

Offline SuperSonic_ht

• Woo hoo!FS2+Halo!
Hey there, sorry for the bump, but you can count on me as a modder. For the map we will need Halo Custom Edition. Its the only version of Halo that can be stuffed with this type of content. But for the modelling , umm...lets just say Im not into modelling/animating.
Give me some ideas and I can show you what I mean.
BS drunk drivers...UN-RIP Stealth:D
______________________________________________________________ __
Sarge: Theres nothing wrong with the Olympics that modern science cant fix.
Church: Right, like using aerodynamic computer modelling to develop better ski jumping techniques.
Sarge:Noo, like replacing the skis with H-6 missiles...and the jumping with exploding!

-Red Vs Blue Winter Olympics Special:)

Offline aurora_energy

uh... ok... well since devrous was in charge of the project, and we have no idea what happened with all legal issues blah blah blah, Im not even sure if we can start. but you seem to be as excited as i am.
Lets wait until we hear back from devrous. if the board gets archived a bunch of us should start halo freespace as a new project.