Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305188 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Breaking news:

Vegas and Last Resort are really, really good.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Vegas? Never heard of it. Wait... Dennis Quaid? Carrie-Anne Moss? Michael Chiklis? I have to see this. Don't know about Last Resort, but maybe I should give it a shot too.

I'm currently watching Alphas, Castle, Grimm, NCIS, Person of Interest, The Big Bang Theory.

Waiting for Breaking Bad, Burn Notice, Dexter, Game of Thrones, Spartacus, Suits, Supernatural, The Legend of Korra, The Walking Dead and True Blood to resume airing.

Seen all episodes of previously mentioned up to now.

Offline flecht

I am currently watching Crest of the Stars
Don't forget about Banner of the Stars.  :P

To be honest, I can't imagine this thread without Legend of Galactic Heroes. Nobody watched it?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Watching it at this moment with a group of friends, actually.  We're at...I guess it's 70 of the 110 episodes in the main series now, and then I assume we'll move on to the prequel series.  It's an amazing piece of work.

Offline -Sara-

Anime:

Star Wars - Clone Wars Season 5 (Well not really anime, more CGI animated, they got big eyes though)

ಠ_ಠ

Don't worry, I don't agree with them utterly butchering the canon either. :P But something can still be fun to watch. It's like with those movie critics that say almost any movie is bad. Most movies are bad, but they're still fun to watch.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I actually like the Clone Wars CGI, I find it's continuity much better than the Expanded Crappyverse that has been made by amateurs through the years (*COUGH*DARK EMPIRE*COUGH*)

Spoiler:
Plus they killed the nightsisters,
yes please.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
To be honest, I can't imagine this thread without Legend of Galactic Heroes. Nobody watched it?

Seen the series but haven't seen the movies yet. Space Soap Opera at it's best.
Habeeb it...

Offline LHN91

Seen the series but haven't seen the movies yet. Space Soap Opera at it's best.

Been through the series at least twice. It is excellent, though I know that many people take issue with the ending.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
It's all about 'Space Precinct'. No other sci-fi show can top it, maybe except for 'Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century'. Art at it's finest.  :P
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Madrox

• Because destroying shivans ins´t enough...
    • My DeviantArt
Im watching Stargate Sg1 now. \o/

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

I've watched it thanks to Central Anime. 110 episodes of awesome along with 2 ovas of more awesome plus 2 movies of awesome. :yes:

Spoiler:
Yang should have ignored his orders and blown the Brunhilde to bits, now that would've been a twist to the show!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Whatever that says, thanks muchly for spoiler-ing it.  I was ready to bite someone's head off if they let any hints slip. :p

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Galactic Heroes? mmm... need to check out.
el hombre vicio...

Spoiler:
It is an awesome ride until the final season when the war's over and all the insanely brilliant Imperial strategists are left with nothing to do but boring administrative tasks.  Emperor Reinhart von Lohengramm who has to deal with administrating an interstellar empire is a much less awesome character than Grand Admiral Reinhart von Lohengramm who defeats his enemies with flair and panache.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Caprica... any good?

Offline Madrox

• Because destroying shivans ins´t enough...
    • My DeviantArt
Caprica... any good?

It tells the story before BSG.
i think its quite good.
altough i only saw 3 episodes of it. xD

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Caprica... any good?

It's a slow burn of a show - it takes its time, gets to know the characters and their world(s), builds a coherent society with multiple competing factions, and only then starts to have the wheels come off and everything dissolve into wacky hijinks, just in time to be cancelled. It's not directly dependant on BSG, though an understanding of the BSG world will give the series a richer tone, and is well worth marathonning sometime when you've a (long) weekend free.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Maybe I'll call in sick to work one day and watch it... :drevil:

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
... one day ...

You might want to give yourself two - it's eighteen episodes (ninteen hours of tv, with the full pilot), which, even figuring 45 minutes on the hour once you strip commercial breaks, is a bit much for a one-day jag...
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Spoiler:
It is an awesome ride until the final season when the war's over and all the insanely brilliant Imperial strategists are left with nothing to do but boring administrative tasks.  Emperor Reinhart von Lohengramm who has to deal with administrating an interstellar empire is a much less awesome character than Grand Admiral Reinhart von Lohengramm who defeats his enemies with flair and panache.

Spoiler:
Ha! Too true, even if he was equally gifted at administrating the Empire you could see the obvious weakness oh Reinhart, a major lack of patience. It was sad that he died but I thought it was fitting for the character, he never would've adjusted to peace.