Author Topic: Lorric learns about what people think of him.  (Read 6534 times)

Offline Lorric

Lorric learns about what people think of him.
Hmmm. Made me think a little of a mission in Colony Wars, where you get thrown out in the middle of nowhere alone with enemies to fight when your jump malfunctions. You simply have to survive long enough for your capital ship to jump in and pick you up.

May we see some Sylphia art please? You must have some, since she is there already in the video.

Better yet, bring her out to say hello, so we can chat with her :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: Lorric learns about what people think of him.

I can't help but hear this in...actually I'm not sure who's voice this is, but it's creepy as ****.

Please don't suggest this again.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Lorric

I can't help but hear this in...actually I'm not sure who's voice this is, but it's creepy as ****.

Then it's not mine. You need to get a friendly voice to say it.

I am merely requesting a mini version of the ask a crewmember thread. Let's get to know the new character.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

I am merely requesting a mini version of the ask a crewmember thread. Let's get to know the new character.

And judging from what happened to the actual Ask a Crewmember thread when you came in contact with it.
I'm thinking...no. :P

It's cool to be a fan (I'm a big fan of Spoon's work too!), but please don't be a creepy obsessive fan.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lorric

And judging from what happened to the actual Ask a Crewmember thread when you came in contact with it.
I'm thinking...no. :P

It's cool to be a fan (I'm a big fan of Spoon's work too!), but please don't be a creepy obsessive fan.

So why suddenly when everyone was all excited about the new Cyrvans in the other thread and were all over them like ants at a picnic, that was okay, and now we have another new Cyrvan, and suddenly it's wrong now, and creepy and obsessive?

There's all over, and there's wanting to kidnap and rape one of them.  I think you should just stop posting in this subforum so we can all properly appreciate our wise elven overlords. :nod:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
So why suddenly when everyone was all excited about the new Cyrvans in the other thread and were all over them like ants at a picnic, that was okay, and now we have another new Cyrvan, and suddenly it's wrong now, and creepy and obsessive?
You are creepy and obsessive. Seriously, that's the second decent thread locked because of your deranged fantasies. Sorry if I sound harsh and impolite, but I feel somebody had to say it. You're grossing people out, there's a difference between being excited about a new character and acting like she existed IRL.

Offline Lorric

You are creepy and obsessive. Seriously, that's the second decent thread locked because of your deranged fantasies. Sorry if I sound harsh and impolite, but I feel somebody had to say it. You're grossing people out, there's a difference between being excited about a new character and acting like she existed IRL.

Neither thread was locked because of me. The character quote thread Spoon just got tired of it. The last thread had fizzled out, Spoon told me to stop and I obeyed a while before he closed it.

Plenty of people treated the characters as if they were real. It's far from just me. And actually, Yaiceca is the one I treated real the least.

I am really struggling to understand how I caused offence, but I will cease "fueding" with Yaiceca since it bothers so many people. I only wanted to amuse you all at the end of the day. The "rape" thing only came about because I misjudged the mood of the forum. there were lots of Decker and Firestorm posts floating around, and I was still new to the forum and hadn't seperated these two out from the rest of the pack yet.

I think something's really gotten lost in translation somewhere, you've all really misinterpreted my true nature. I ask you all to draw a line under this whole thing with my declaration that this Yaiceca thing is at an end and judge me from here with a clean slate please. I would never do anything I threatened to do to Yaiceca in real life, even if treated the exact same way by a real person.

And I am not creepy. Tell them please, Crystal...

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
i'm not convinced. show me a restraining order and stop manipulating images. so far you're the only one who's done that.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Lorric

i'm not convinced. show me a restraining order and stop manipulating images. so far you're the only one who's done that.

What's wrong with playing with the Wings of Dawn art?

As for you not being convinced, if you won't take my word for it, what am I supposed to do? You'll just have to watch and see.

Unless you want to make me a restraining order and I'll sign it for you  :D

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Lorric...
Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen Dragon let someone know so strongly what he thinks of them! And I don't exactly think anyone else who posted here was being very subtle about it either. Even an admin that normally doesn't make any posts around these parts had to tell you. Maybe its time to take the hint.

I appreciate you being a fan. But the moment you start posting, things either get creepy in a bad kind of way or the whole topic goes off tracks.
And even my nearly inhuman amount of patience regarding these things is starting to run out.

So this is pretty much the last time I'm going to ask you to improve your posting behavior. No more creepy things, no more drama, no more wierdness.
Please

Maybe someday I'd like WoD to be accessible to people without them all getting creeped out.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Lorric...
Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen Dragon let someone know so strongly what he thinks of them! And I don't exactly think anyone else who posted here was being very subtle about it either. Even an admin that normally doesn't make any posts around these parts had to tell you. Maybe its time to take the hint.

I appreciate you being a fan. But the moment you start posting, things either get creepy in a bad kind of way or the whole topic goes off tracks.
And even my nearly inhuman amount of patience regarding these things is starting to run out.

So this is pretty much the last time I'm going to ask you to improve your posting behavior. No more creepy things, no more drama, no more wierdness.
Please

Maybe someday I'd like WoD to be accessible to people without them all getting creeped out.

Spoon, first of all I approve of the topic title. I couldn't have thought of a better one myself. I had actually been thinking of creating a topic myself to deal with this issue and invite people in to discuss it. This will do for that purpose.

Did you not read my last post? I have pledged to drop the Yaiceca thing. That should hopefully solve the problem, I don't think there have been any issues that don't involve her. However, just telling me not to be creepy or weird is not helping me. I can't see what you people are seeing in me. I am not causing these problems on purpose, nor do I know how to fix them if cutting out Yaiceca doesn't solve the problem. I think it will though.

I don't mind a lack of subtlety, in fact it will probably help here, just as long as no one attacks me. The topic has been named "Lorric learns about what people think of him." I'd like to think people would learn about me too. The real me, not the fake me that went after Yaiceca.

Offline -Norbert-

The post was nice, but the picture in it undermined the message immediately, throwing you right back into the weird zone.

Besides I don't think just talking about it in here, will convince many people. Just let deeds follow your words (in other threads) and after a time people will form a better opinion of you.

Offline Lorric

The post was nice, but the picture in it undermined the message immediately, throwing you right back into the weird zone.

Besides I don't think just talking about it in here, will convince many people. Just let deeds follow your words (in other threads) and after a time people will form a better opinion of you.

Now that I just don't get, that picture is me trying to lighten the mood around here, as well as try to get people to understand I am not creepy. Not be weird. Why on Earth is it weird?

If deeds are needed so be it. What people don't seem to understand is I have no obsession with Yaiceca. It was only a fake obsession. I can stop effortlessly. You will all see. However, people need to start giving me the benefit of the doubt and not view everything I do as somehow dark and sinister, or everyone is going to lose. I can't redeem myself if people won't let me.

Offline -Norbert-

I think it's a bit weird, because for me it felt like "Since my words alone are not enough, I need to use the friendly Cyrvan everyone likes to bring my point across".

I'm all for giving you the chance to show how you really are, but as I already said, I do not think this is the appropriate place to do so.
It's easy to say "I'm all over it now" or "I never really was like that" in a sterile enviroment. That's why people will stay suspicious.

But once you proven your point in the face of temptation (so to say), people will take you serious (or in this case not-weird I suppose) again.

Offline Lorric

I think it's a bit weird, because for me it felt like "Since my words alone are not enough, I need to use the friendly Cyrvan everyone likes to bring my point across".

I'm all for giving you the chance to show how you really are, but as I already said, I do not think this is the appropriate place to do so.
It's easy to say "I'm all over it now" or "I never really was like that" in a sterile enviroment. That's why people will stay suspicious.

But once you proven your point in the face of temptation (so to say), people will take you serious (or in this case not-weird I suppose) again.

No. I'd like to think people would give me more credit than to think I'd think because Crystal "said it" that it would go over better. It could have been anyone in that picture, but that was the only one suitable.

Well, if you can do that, then I guess that's okay. I would hope people can remember any interactions I've had with them that don't have something to do with Yaiceca, because that's the real me.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Lorric, I think I have the perfect solution for you, right here.

Just drop the hole thing, forget this issue with you being weird and all that ever happened and move on.
I feel you are trying to justify yourself, this won't help because in the midst of it you are just prolonging a subject everyone else is willing to let go.

So just drop it, and forget about setting the moods in the forums.
People around here will only respond positively to small stimuli, not overreacted extremist reactions.. so a little joke every now and then will not hurt, and that's where your job should finish.

Take it from a guy who had it's own problems :p
el hombre vicio...

Offline Lorric

Lorric, I think I have the perfect solution for you, right here.

Just drop the hole thing, forget this issue with you being weird and all that ever happened and move on.
I feel you are trying to justify yourself, this won't help because in the midst of it you are just prolonging a subject everyone else is willing to let go.

So just drop it, and forget about setting the moods in the forums.
People around here will only respond positively to small stimuli, not overreacted extremist reactions.. so a little joke every now and then will not hurt, and that's where your job should finish.

Take it from a guy who had it's own problems :p

Perhaps. In fact that is exactly what I am going to do. I am however worried that I've already been labelled as "the creepy one" and people won't let that go, which is why I'm trying to justify myself.

Would you mind telling me what problems you speak of?

Thanks for the advice.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well I've had sporadic troubles about some of my posts, probably as you say because of bad timing or wrong impression about the thread mood, but nothing to serious as to be labeled like something other than rodo.

You are a special case, but trust me.. just let it go.
No one will bring it up again as long as you don't remember us about it and keep from making extreme derailing of threads again.
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Actually, to be honest I'll probably remember Lorric as the guy who drew a Cyrvan in what was apparently bondage gear who'd had unkind and demeaning things scribbled on her for at least several years. I would have regardless of context. I don't much mind somebody waving their freak flag high like that normally, but in the particular context for the character it also had strong overtones of rape. And waving that particular flag ain't doing you favors.

So yes, you've been labelled. It will take you quite some time to get over that label, considering how hard you ultimately had to work/fail-to-think to get it. Probably a couple years at least. But we made Cobra and Sizzler mods eventually too.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story