Author Topic: Colors!  (Read 9461 times)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
I've been poking at this in Photoshop and will hopefully have something to show for it soon.  Have to re-learn the process with the new program but in the end it'll definitely be worth it.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Any chance to use team colors for that? Not only would it make defining custom schemes trivial, it could allow for interesting two-color (hull/stripes) schemes and also trim down the number of texture files to be packaged.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Any chance to use team colors for that? Not only would it make defining custom schemes trivial, it could allow for interesting two-color (hull/stripes) schemes and also trim down the number of texture files to be packaged.

My early attempts didn't look nearly as good as baking the colors externally, but now that I have the sources, it's entirely possible.  I might give it another try and see if it works out better.

Offline Tnadz

Very fun and can be useful when dealing with squads.  Nice work.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Just FIY, when doing team colors, make sure the shaders are set up right. I was doing some testing and it seems that something got messed up in the last two years (yeah, been away for a loooong time)...

Offline Dain

Somewhat related, Darksaber did some nice XWA models of the original X-wings used in Star Wars

http://www.darksaber.xwaupgrade.com/craftdsredsquad.html

I think the CGI in the special editions ate a lot of the variety in paint schemes that was originally there, but the hero models were all slightly different. I think this illustrates it:

Not that I'd suggest FOTG needs that much variety. That'd be more of a 3rd party mod.