Author Topic: INFERNO needs testers AGAIN  (Read 3746 times)

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
INFERNO needs testers AGAIN
Inferno, yes, the Inferno, not the disco one but the old FS2 mod needs you to help test for an early 2018 unknown time between 2021 and 2022 release!

If you're interested, leave a post expressing interest here or send me a PM and we'll get you set up.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 09:55:26 pm by JSRNerdo »
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Re: INFERNO needs testers
May I join? I'm a huge fan of INF since I played INFR1 many years ago and it's been the main reason I've been lurking this forum for several years (even if you don't want me I'm happy to see that this is about to release). :)

Well, now that this is finally happening I'd be happy to help you out.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
I would also be interested in helping out. Happy to see INF revving up again.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Inferno was for me the first and ever only Freespace 3 :) . It's giant ship lists inspired me to write a fan fiction back then...

I would like to help, even i have much to do at the moment, i should still be able to play a few missions per day :).

In kind of balancing issues in missions i can tell, that i played through several fan campaigns on Insane like Dimensional Eclipse (even the harder 1.0 version!), Ancient-Shivan War Act I and II, Dusk Wars Act I and II as well Into the Halls of Valhalla. All of these playthroughs were recorded and are still available to watch as a evidence. So i think that i have a good feeling about where some changes are needed.

In terms of mission bugs i refer to my translation packages, where i checked every mission for them to be solveable. Also i already helped sometimes with mission problems in the Support forums where i fixed bugs and uploaded an updated mission file.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
I would join but I'm busy with stuff for Scroll and my own projects. Hope this goes well!

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Wish I could help, but I'm still having trouble getting FSO to work at all.

I have too much free time on my hands and long to do something productive. I'd like to volunteer. I must say that I have no prior experience.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Re: INFERNO needs testers AGAIN
R2 is now in active development, and testers are once again needed.
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.