Author Topic: Need help to extract and change a ship's table entry.  (Read 1300 times)

Need help to extract and change a ship's table entry.
Hi guys!
Well, the exact thing I would like to do, is to make an altered (faster, tougher, better guns) Satis. I want to make an additional .tbm file so the original Satis can be used too. My problem is -apart that I never learned any programming, so I have a hard time understanding the error messages- that I don't know exactly what components I have to exctract from the MediaVP files in order to make the 'Satis mod. /v2' works like a downloadable ship.
So I need the help of the mighty HLP community!

Ps.: Be prepared for a possibly large number of dumb question! Bear with me :lol:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: Need help to extract and change a ship's table entry.
You need POF Construction Suite. Open Satis model with it, and see which textures it's using. Extract those to your maps folder. Now extract model itself to "models" folder. Create a text file using notepad or any sort of similar soft. Name it "whateveryouwant-shp.tbm". Keep in mind that index -shp must be present, and file extension must be .tbm.

Copy Satis table and paste it into your newly created modular table. Now add #Ship Classes above your table as first line, and #End below it, as the last.

Code: [Select]
#Ship Classes

PUT YOUR SHIP TABLE HERE

#End

Of course you have to create mod folder for it before you begin.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Thank you! I managed to do this without using the PCS. It appears in FRED so far, but I'm curious what else I screwed up :blah:
The thing is, that I created a .txt file with your instructions and copy-paste the Satis' TBL info from FRED. It wasn't good yet, bc it is using some things from other .tbm files and those needed some #End. I will test it some more if it's working in-game.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
One #End per ship tbm. Same as one #Ship Classes. You can put multiple ship tables between them.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Ok. I make some improvement, change the weapons and some entries. The first test flight was a success, everything worked, managed to defend myself against 3 Manticores. But, after I changed the turrets order -I didn't know which is which when I replaced the Terran Turret with others- in the next test at that moment when the first missile impact from the enemy , the game crashes. I have no idea why.
I attach the .tbm file, so if you want you can check it. I used other working .tbm entries and the wiki for the alterations.

Edit: The problem was my fault, I write in the AI section Admiral instead of General. With corrected, its working fine.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:39:33 am by Farkas »