Author Topic: The forum clock is off  (Read 1601 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The forum clock is off
Not by a huge amount, once you reset the hour offset, but still:
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Re: The forum clock is off
Code: [Select]
$date
Tue Mar  6 07:33:20 CST 2018

Hrm, system time is correct.
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Everything seems to be okay now?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
On my end its 15 seconds or so ...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
So, it's 11:37AM PST for me at this moment.

The system says it's 1:37PM CST, and I've verified the HW clock is set to UTC.
The forum says it's 12:36PM

*clickclick*

And the forum was set to a timezone somewhere in Africa.  :blah:

Fixed

--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
MatthewPapa found and fixed the root cause of the forum time inconsistency.  It turns out that the server NTP service was disabled, which meant that there was nothing to keep the clock from drifting, even if it was manually synchronized.  Forum post times should be accurate as of yesterday.

EDIT: Having posted this, the time still seems to be off by 15 minutes.  Will check with MP again.