Author Topic: Chronological campaigns/missions list  (Read 13279 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Chronological campaigns/missions list
I'd definitely discommend this for new players and players without a lot of spare time and patience. It's a good way to get burned out before you get to most of the really good stuff.

Offline Fregle

general Battuta: That's why I said that I don't necessarily play them in that order (just like you don't have to edit a movie or book in chronological order). :) It's absolutely more fun and varied to cherrypick your way through the mods. I just ordered them because I wanted to get a better view of the way the stories are interwoven.

Lorric: I've played some campaigns in order, the fun part is that you have more of an idea of what's happening around you at the same time, which promotes immersion if the plot isn't too bad. It's also interesting to jump to a campaign about an event as it happens in another campaign (like a side character or flash back episode). A lot of campaigns set in the Freespace universe have very few if any relations to others though, the date is only important for the ships/weapons you can use. Otherwise I agree with General Battuta, don't force yourself to play them in order or you might get bored with the game.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:07:18 am by Fregle »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I don't want to discourage you! I just want to be sure new players don't think this is a good way to play everything.

Offline Fregle

I know, don't worry. :) I just wanted to say I agree and explain why I made the list to avoid further confusion.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We tend to get new users who are curious about campaign chronological order on a somewhat regular (albeit infrequent) basis, so this list is still very useful.

Nobody remembers poor Operation:Templar in these lists... and it is even an official canon campaign.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Fregle

Deepstar: I didn't forget. :) It's between Shrouding the light and Awakenings on my list.

Offline CT27

"The Aftermath" starts in 2370.