Author Topic: 'C&C Generals: Rise Of The Reds' Mod; Worth a look if a Generals fan  (Read 1353 times)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
'C&C Generals: Rise Of The Reds' Mod; Worth a look if a Generals fan
Meant for ages to give this a mention here.

If you happen to be a fan of C&C: Generals and among the ones lucky enough to still have it working (due to some security flaw they broke the system the older versions of the game used to recognise the disc and run, so I can't play it anymore :() highly recommend a mod called Rise Of The Reds. Core aspect is it adds some new full factions (Russia and Europe) with their own play style to the Generals universe and completely revamps the existing factions too.

Is by SWR Productions, the same team that made the 'Shockwave' mod and is dare I say is among the 'Blue Planets/Derelicts' of Generals mods by a cool team :yes:. IIRC they have versions that work for all iterations of Generals including recent 'EA Origin' versions, and there was even talk of a single player campaign in the pipeline. Also it installs like FSO with it's own launcher etc so you can still run your old game or uninstall ROTR easily IIRC.

Genuinely recommend a look if your into Generals. Used to be on their forum and do still lurk in on them from time to time. :)
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: 'C&C Generals: Rise Of The Reds' Mod; Worth a look if a Generals fan
Will investigate.  Although I've pretty much never played CnC multiplayer, so I probably won't spend a lot of time with it until/if the single player campaigns are released.
I like to stare at the sun.

Re: 'C&C Generals: Rise Of The Reds' Mod; Worth a look if a Generals fan
I played Shockwave but if Rise of the Red's is of the same quality then I'm going to hugely disappointed with the balance and units. I've always meant to check it out, I keep forgetting.