Author Topic: C&C3  (Read 27693 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Anyone psyched for C&C3's release?  Not too many here have mentioned it yet...or I'm missing the big huge thread about it :)

Demo is due out on the 26th according to File Planet so we'll get a taste of what it is and how its going to play like.  I'm excited...I really enjoyed the original C&C Tiberian Dawn and C&C2 Tiberian Sun.  The whole GDI and NOD thing is almost as classic as the RTS genre itself.  Not to say that Red Alert wasn't great either.  Also enjoyed Generals but it was more generic.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I'm not too excited at the moment since it won't run on my borrowed laptop. :p
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
You can already play the next C&C game by playing one of the many others that have preceded it :p

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
You can already play the next C&C game by playing one of the many others that have preceded it :p

Yes but the graphics wont be as good
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Don't be certain, as I recall they already doctored Tiberian Sun photos to make them appear more interesting than the game really was.

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
I might have been interested had EA not been involved.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I'm only really interested in it because of the FMV Cast.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i have this bad feeling that C&C 3 will have the same crap BF2142 has in it.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
What, streaming ad placement?

That'd be quite a feat - especially in single player...

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
ill be giddy about it once i know if it runs 10x better than supcom (i havent had a game run at 3 yes 3 FPS in a year or so, even fear ran better at max)
I hate My signature!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Don't be certain, as I recall they already doctored Tiberian Sun photos to make them appear more interesting than the game really was.

How so?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I definitely like what I'm seeing about this game, in terms of the story and graphics. A lot depends on what they do with the gameplay though. Hopefully they won't deviate too far from the C&C style, but still add in some new things.

ill be giddy about it once i know if it runs 10x better than supcom (i havent had a game run at 3 yes 3 FPS in a year or so, even fear ran better at max)

Not to mention that it also looks way better than SC, although as Kalfireth said they have had a history of posting fake screenshots.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

If you refer to the odd back-of-box photos I have to disagree, that was some kind of beta of the game where the sizes were whacky.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
i'll never be excited about C7C again, they'll never change the style back to red alert 2, or yuri's revenge. those were the best C&C's, that and Tiberian sun, but after generals, and Zero hour. it'll never be the same again.  :(
umm... So i was looking for some of those fun times on the internet that my friends are always talking about... lying ****ers.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Tiberian Sun was horrifically unbalanced.

And I've never been a fan of C&C games - and after playing Homeworld and Warhammer, I don't think I ever will. The combat in C&C games is abysmally boring compared to these other two, and I don't find anything in it for me. Build build build, mass army, send army out, watch soldiers stand two feet from each other and fire their gun until either they or the enemy dies.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
i have to agree with Unknown Target, i don't find C&C exciting anymore the last one i played and enjoyed was the first red alert, i hated tiberian sun and i didn't like RA2 they looked to cartoony.  i prefer RTS's where you have to use strategy, not just build masses of units, i prefer the likes of W40K DOW, Company of heros, where your troops use cover etc.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
What, streaming ad placement?

That'd be quite a feat - especially in single player...

it doesn't hurt to be paranoid
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Well PC Gamer UK has a review already (not sure how that works) with a 90% score so I'm hopeful.  I know some people want different things but I like the consistency of C&C overall.  They tend to be just fun to play with small revolutions and a fair bit of style (Generals had the least style to it).
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Generals was EA's excuse to put out some random RTS which hinted at the time it was made in.  Big Bad America with it's superior air power and power-hungry technology based weaponry vs, the Middle-East countries burrowing away in tunnels and such, with nationalist China lurking somewhere in the mix, ready to squash everyone with hordes of tanks.
As always, pure speculation here.... but that's how it felt to me.