Author Topic: NTV: Emergence  (Read 7518 times)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
NTV: Emergence [Update: v1.1 patch available]
Originally posted by Goober5000

etc

Wow, just for a secondary goal? I can fix it if you like (I noticed it earlier but declined to, assuming that it was just a fluke), but I'm not sure these people would like downloading another version. :doubt:

Only 8 people have downloaded the patch. I'm dissapointed. :blah:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2003, 04:29:26 am by 223 »
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, that's okay - I turned off beam-free-all and got past it.  The rest of the campaign was great. :) I noticed a couple of other bugs, such as XSTR(" being shown in one of the briefings, and a bunch of misspellings, but nothing show-stopping.

Good work. :yes:

EDIT: Oh wait.  In the mission where you have to inspect everything, you can order all the "enemy" wings to leave at the beginning of the mission. ;)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I have one complaint so far.  In the first mission, it's effectively impossible to complete the secondary objective.  The Veritas always nukes the Nile as soon as it arrives, preventing you from capturing the cargo.  And it's impossible to take out the Veritas's main beam without getting slaughtered by all the fighter beams.  The wingmen, of course, are of no help.  I replayed the mission over and over again for more than two hours before I got so ticked off that I turned off the Veritas's beam-free-all sexp. :mad:

This needs to be fixed.  Beam-protect the Nile or something.

I experimented a bit with this when I made the mission, but I thought it was more realistic to have the nile die, so I made the goal a secondary one and left it at that. Looking at it again, a more dramatic exit for the nile (Multiple hull breaches, we're losing atmosphere, We're going down! or whatever) might have been a little better, but as Alikchi said, yet another version is bad for business :).

As a general rulke, when I play this mission, I rarely even get up to that point, as my wingmen tend to kill the Freigfht while they're attacking the first freighter...:doubt:.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
How hard are you flying on? I only lost the freight twice? :D
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!

EDIT: Oh wait.  In the mission where you have to inspect everything, you can order all the "enemy" wings to leave at the beginning of the mission. ;)

good way to avoid that while Fredding: When placing ships, place random Shivan fighters/bombers, then change them through the ships editor. Saves you from disabling all orders.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Knight Templar
How hard are you flying on? I only lost the freight twice? :D

Insane! Don't ever play it on anything else! :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I always fly on medium when testing and making campaigns.. as it is a fine medium between skill levels ;)
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

I went to the site and both times got delays (looking at bottom of screen noticed it said.wav in the loading bar but heard nothing)
Third time got file planet up. Will try to let you know l8tr what I thought as I am cramming all my time into downloading before I go off the net for a month or two...
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Ignore the wav bit..there used to be wavs embedded, then I realized what a stupid idea it was.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell