Author Topic: More stuff on B5: The Lost Tales  (Read 7302 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: More stuff on B5: The Lost Tales
In ITB, even Sheridan says at some point that their fleet was searching for an ace cruiser and in the aftermath, general Lefcourt says that Blackstar was a minbari flagship.

More jarring was the comment from Invanova about how she didn't know how Sheridan took out the Blackstar and thought it was a secret manoeuvre of some sort. Rather strange considering they broadcast the whole damn thing on the news for morale. :D

Although I suppose she might have been somewhat busy organising a funeral at the time.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Redrake

Although I suppose she might have been somewhat busy organising a funeral at the time.
She was not even in the military at that time. Not everyone watches the news.

Offline -Norbert-

Don't you need the body for a funeral?

And in ITB Ganya died in that very fight with the Black Star, so I guess the newsbroadcast arrived before the "Your son has died a hero..."-letter.

She was not even in the military at that time. Not everyone watches the news.
Since they said they would send it all over the news for a week (if memory serves me right) I guess even those who don't really follow the news saw it somewhere.

Offline Vash

so this will mean more space must be cleared in my DVD cabinet for B5 disks... that is good news. it this going to be a full series or just a single movie?

Offline Redrake

Don't you need the body for a funeral?
Uhm, no. You think the soldiers who died in wars don't have graves if their ship went to the bottom of the ocean or their bodies were pulverized by an explosion? Funerals are still being hold, even if there is no body, but the death is certain.

Offline -Norbert-

so this will mean more space must be cleared in my DVD cabinet for B5 disks... that is good news. it this going to be a full series or just a single movie?
If I understood it right, JMS planned at least 3 DVDs for sure (but Warner wants to wait how DVD 1 sells before giving the OK for the others.
I also read something about the 2nd and 3rd DVD being longer than the first, because of the komplexity of the story.

'K'omplexity?
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline -Norbert-

OMG I put a k instead of the c in front of complexity! No one will understand what I mean!

Sorry, but that just had to be said  :p

Offline Slasher

It's the special JMS brand of Complexity.

Hehe, funny. JMS made it, the fans made their own vision, and now JMS needs the fan visions to finish. Full circle.
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Wolfy

omg, id just had a dream that involved Babylon 5: The Lost Tales just last night....wow :S

hm, on the 1st of theose videos, the Warlock didnt look very er, able to withstand damage....both of them were easy targets for the Centauri Vorchans :shaking:
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline ef52

Yeah it does contradict previous canon, the warlock is supposed to be able to go toe to toe with a sharlin. The warlocks dont seem that powerful here, although the second one toasts the vorchan. maybe the first one was already badly damaged, or they could be a new enhanced version of the Vorchan there is evidence to support this in the centauri trilogy books.

Hi guys, i think you two deserve something:

Welcome to HPL! Enjoy your stay!
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline -Norbert-

For those who havn't read the Centauri Trilogy:
The Centauri build many new ships outfitted with new technologies, which came to one of their leaders in dreams.
At least that's what he thinks, in reality (within the confines of the story of course ;) ) those dreams where given to him by the Drakh, even though he doesn't know it.
So we can assume that the Centauri use Drakh equivalent weapons, which where enough to blast some big holes into the Victory.

Offline Wolfy

yeah that would make sence i guess, and especially since they can dare to mount an attack directly on earth
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07