Author Topic: Post your TBP DVD Questions and Comments here...  (Read 34704 times)

Offline Fallow

Re: Post your TBP DVD Questions and Comments here...
Well I'm not sure about the desktop stuff but you can find answers to the OpenAL stuff here:  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,56279.0.html

Thanks FUBAR, I had read and followed all the suggestions posted on the forums before making my post, to no avail.

BUT! I went over the creative labs OpenAL site and tried JUST ONE MORE TIME following the download link from the DEVELOPER tab instead of the OPENAL tab I had d/l from previously and this time it worked.

Makes no sense to me as they both link to the same file.

Off to fight the raiders!  :D
They only hold such power over you as you give them

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
2)How do I get OpenAL to work? I ran the OpenAL installer and it gave me the error 'Some OpenAL files were in use--a reboot will be required to complete installation'

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=45549.msg929042

Should solve it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fallow

Thanks!
They only hold such power over you as you give them

Well i hope its the right thread.

Anyone beat the Operation black sun? Can't beat it even on easy, so after trying the first mission, it let me skip to the second which is even more ridiculously hard.  My wingmen in the second mission get wiped out in a matter of minutes and barely make a scratch againt the centauri.

Great missions, but if Earthforce could take on a Centauri battlecruiser and a primus class with centauri fighters and i only have 8 fighters, we would kick everyones ass! Doesn't seem realistic? Any tricks?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Haven't had the time to try it yet but I have a few suggestions.  How many campaigns have you played so far?  You should start with the basics (EMW demo, Raider Wars) and work your way up to the more difficult campaigns.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Re: Post yer TBP DVD Questions an' Comments here...
Yeah i played those campaigns.  Just got done with the earth brakiri war.  I just find this campaign extremly difficult(granted using the keyboard) but still after you play it a million times and try different tactics, its ridiculous.  How can one figther take on(because your wingmen get destroyed quick) a primus cruiser, plus a battlecruiser, plus little centaur fighters? Cmon now.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Strange about 400 downloads on just my links and only a couple of new people on the forum. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Strange about 400 downloads on just me links an' only a couple o' new people on th' forum. 

Ahoy! There be lurkers in these waters. Ye scurvey dog.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
600+ downloads and counting just from ModDB and FileFront. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk

Thanks for the new pic for the disc :yes:
I have been seeding and have given away 8 copies through bit torrent so far.

I'm not really a noob here, I signed up ag ago and then just lurked before finding that I needed to sign up again after I stumbled across this on Demonoid.
On second thought maybe that makes me a vintage noob.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:45:06 pm by Early_Grayce »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Download.com single file download is up and working.  I see 32 downloads already.  I just did an update with some pics but I don't know how long before the pics show up.  Hopefully we'll get some good reviews out of it. 

Offline SirHelm

Hey Everyone.  I am one of those who just downloaded the B5 DVD, and have signed up on the forums.

I am really excited about getting into B5 online, as I just got back into B5 by watching all of the 5 season episodes.

Now I can play the various missions, campaigns, and of course interact online with everyone.

I really do want to thank everyone who contributed to this project, and all of your hard work and time is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks again!

SH

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
:welcome:

So you're a multiplayer pilot? There's a match every thursday GMT, the thread should be abround here somewhere :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline SirHelm

Thanks for the welcome Col. Dekker.

I haven't hoped online yet, but am planning on it.  I will check out the threads,  Just burning the DVD right now and will get everything installed.  I had the original 3.4 installed and have removed it as well as the Starfury pilot missions.

SH

Offline Andrew_Cluetain

• Modder Back from Shivan Space...
Been waiting for the Babylon project for a long time, but however,  My Nivida Card doesn't like openGL, any way around this or am I  :warp: lost in hyperspace on this one?  Please help, and I JUST downloaded it again to make sure I had the right files.
I've been part of the FS2 Comunity before but have been out of touch these last years and want to get back in the cockpit.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Have you updated to the latest drivers?  What card do you have?  What happens when you try to run the game?  If it's some sort of weird graphics a screenshot would help. 

Offline Andrew_Cluetain

• Modder Back from Shivan Space...
Very much uploaded the latest drivers.  I don't even get the game to luanch, I just get a big error box that says:
Error: The required OpenGL extension '˜
p' is not supported by your current driver version or graphics card.  You can either use the Direct3D rendering engine (non-FRED builds only) or update your video card drivers.

File:D:\C++\Freespace\fs2_open 3.6.9 - BtRL\code\graphics\gropenglextension.cpp
Line: 392
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a G force 8400 GS
I've been part of the FS2 Comunity before but have been out of touch these last years and want to get back in the cockpit.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
First you are running launcher.exe correct? 

Switch to the debug build in the launcher, run it, and attach the fs2_open.log from the data directory. 

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What drivers are you using? A lot of early Vista drivers had serious problems with OpenGL.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]