Author Topic: Babylon 5 weapons  (Read 4739 times)

Offline gdubs

I just got into this game a month ago. Wish I had known about it sooner since a lot of links are broken for additional campaigns. I don't know if anyone comes in here anymore, but figured it was worth a try.

I particularly enjoy the starfury mission pack but there are two missions that are giving me a hard time because of the same issue. In Fall of Night & Severed Dreams Babylon 5 doesn't fire a single shot the whole time. In both missions I'm left as the only fighter & it's either the Centauri Cruiser or 2-3 Earth ships against Babylon 5. It ends up being a no-win scenario. I'm just wondering if anyone has had that problem or know of a fix?

Maybe this will help for Fall of Night & Severed Dreams? http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89328.0

I tried to collect good links here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=88707.msg1769337#msg1769337

Offline gdubs

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately the patch did not help the problem I was having. Don't see how I can beat those missions, but it's still fun anyways.

What's the deal with the .rar files & how am I supposed to get them to run/work?

.rar is archive file. You need program, like WinRAR or PeaZip, to unpack it.

Offline gdubs

So I tried to extract it & it won't show up I'm super computer illiterate so any help would be appreciated.  Are there anything else I'm supposed to do with those files or do I need something else to play it? The non RAR missions I had simply would download and play.

What files you can't extract?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:05:19 pm by tomimaki »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
https://youtu.be/M5fexpa_ZV8?t=1m

Hope that helps.  (Choose another location besides Desktop unless you want the files there.)

Offline gdubs

Thanks, so I extracted the files from 7-Zip and put them in my The Babylon Project. Still nothing.

I tried to download the campaign pack 2 & zathras 2.0 . The zathras folder at least opened up a bunch of stuff. The Campaign Pack was just 1 file.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
If it was a .vp file, that's fine, a .vp file is sort of like a .zip or .rar or .7z file -- it holds other files and folders inside, and the FreeSpace engine can read it.  (It stands for "Volition Package" file or .vp)

The reason you have to extract files from .7z, .zip, and .rar is that FreeSpace can't open those file types.

Offline -Norbert-

Where to put the files depends on which files they are.

As jr2 said, if they are .vp files you can (theoretically) drop them into the TBP folder, though the Zathras folder is probably the better location.

If they are .fs2 and .fc2 files, they need to go into Zathras/data/missions.

Offline gdubs

Okay so here's where I'm at now. I got most of the missions except Emearon & Guardians of Light to work. I tried downloading the newest Zathras & the launcher. When I enter the launcher info & press campaign I get the following. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I did F2 Open 3.70 SSE & set the Mod to Zathras 2.8.

ERANGE: String error. Please Report.
Trying to put into 127 byte buffer:
The Emearon Incident Single.fc2aron Incident Single.fc2
ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 12 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_0_NO-SSE.exe! <no symbol>

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Offline wesp5

I don't think I remember Babylon 5 firing in any of the missions. As I maintain the Starfury Mission Unofficial Patch, if you point me to a mission in another campaign that has the station fighting for itself, I might be able to copy it into the next patch release...