Author Topic: Babylon 5 Related Games & Mod Projects  (Read 5253 times)

Babylon 5 Related Games & Mod Projects
Hey guys! :)

I’m looking to engage the various Babylon 5 communities to help me build an ever improving list of B5 related games out there. Plus I'm wondering if all the Babylon 5 fans out there know about some of the great fan game projects out there keeping the B5 universe alive?

Like many I was not happy when sierra cancelled the official B5 game back in 1997 so I was thrilled when I discovered a few years back that fans had started making B5 games and mods of their own! These games have incredible attention to detail recreating many of the ships, characters and stories from the B5 universe or telling new stories, all while capturing the atmosphere, look and sounds of the show.
Some of these projects are mods to pre-existing games, which has resulted in fans of those games finding the B5 mods and then wanting to watch the show on tv or buy the dvds. Certainly another good example of the power of internet communities keeping the B5 universe going and attracting new interest along with reinvigorating old fans..
As a big fan of these projects I decided to create a webpage listing all of the Babylon 5 games and mods showing off how amazing some of these projects are here:

http://blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/B5Games/

(Note: Originally built in 2001 this website is still deliberately very late 90s early 2000s retro in design. So if you’re not nostalgic for old retro websites with music, animating gifs & left click browsing then you probably won’t like it)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Babylon 5 Fan Games List (Updated 2/1/2017) :

Top Projects
- B5X3 – TC (Total Conversion) Mod for X3 Terran Conflict
- B5 I've Found Her Series
- The Babylon Project - TC Mod for Freespace 2
   - Dark Children (play as the shadows TBP addon campaign)
   - The Relic (play as President Clark’s forces TBP addon campaign)
- B5 TC mod for Civilization 4 Final Frontier
- B5 At War - TC Mod for Star Wars Empire At War FOC
- B5 Sins of the Younger Races - TC Mod for Sins of a Solar Empire
- B5 War Without End - TC Mod for Homeworld 2

Other Cool Projects
- B5 Stardrive – TC Mod for Stardrive
- B5 TC Mod for Star Trek Armada 2
- Buda 5 - TC Mod for Independence War 1 & 2
- B5 The Great Wars - TC Mod for Homeworld
- B5 TC Mod for Homeworld
- B5 Sector 87
- B5 Third Age
- B5 The Geometry of Shadows: B4 Minbari Project
- Shadowfall - TC Mods for Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
- WTS World - TC Multi-Universe (Including B5) Mod for Freelancer
- Galaxy's At War - TC Multi-Universe (Including B5) Mod for Freelancer
- B5 - TC Server Mod for Freelancer
- B5 TC Mod for Star Wars X-Wing Alliance
- B5 Commander - TC Mod for Wing Commander Privateer
- B5 Flight Simuation
- GROPOS - TC Mod for Tread Marks
- B5 Conflict of Interest - TC Mod for Homeworld
- B5 Severed Dreams
- B5 TC Mod for BattleCruiser Millenium
- B5 TC Mod for Star Trek Klingon Academy

Other
- Babylon 5 Into The Fire - Someone leaked to the public the original unfinished Sierra game!

If you have any cool demos, videos, and pictures that I don’t have for projects in my list please contact me. Also please let me know if there are there any other B5 related game/mod projects out there that I haven’t listed here. :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:11:20 am by Blake00 »
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Babylon 5 Related Games & Mod Projects
Hey,

that's quite a task you have set yourself. I wish you the best of luck.

That's quite a short list. Granted not everything that glisters is gold, but there are more add-on campaigns for TBP.

Some of aged terrible (I am looking at my own work here) but at least the Fortune Hunters- and Drums of War-campaigns could deserve a mention.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Hey,

that's quite a task you have set yourself. I wish you the best of luck.

That's quite a short list. Granted not everything that glisters is gold, but there are more add-on campaigns for TBP.

Some of aged terrible (I am looking at my own work here) but at least the Fortune Hunters- and Drums of War-campaigns could deserve a mention.

Thank you! It's already taken a few years just to get the to the list I have now haha.

Yes other's aren't mentioned simply as I don't know about them. Clearly I need to look into the Babylon Project submods much more!! :)
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Emulation

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)

Ironically, I agree with the first statement :-)  We were young and idealistic.

I still think I constructed the story in a pretty clever way and expanded the universe nicely, plus some of the mission ideas were nice and novel. Gameplay and balancing however were ways off, lots of polishing is needed.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline wesp5

I agree. Either all campaigns should be listed or none! Also TBP isn't technically a TC Mod, but a standalone game...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, that's an important distinction to make because a lot of people hear TC mod and think "That looks great but I don't have Freespace, so I can't play it"
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Thanks guys. Yeah I make it clear on my website tribute page to the project that Freespace is not required. However you're right I should modify the forum and master website list entries as well so people don't get the wrong idea. :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:04:40 am by Blake00 »
Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
The setup to get everything patched up is a little bit obscure to, not to mention that a lot of content is pretty buggy. Including the things I wrote.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline den5