Author Topic: WIH Multi Test #4!  (Read 9898 times)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
WIH Multi Test #4!
Test concluded

Blue Planet:WIH multi is a community project which was started in mid January of 2011 to bring the Blue Planet universe and modpacks to the FSO multiplayer platform.

It's been awhile since our last test in late march and that means we have LOADS of content which has not been publicly tested. We have 12+ coop missions including conversions of favorite WIH missions such as Delenda Est, rebalanced tables and missions, all new implementations of the capship TvT games, RTS system. Bigger better mOrE MOAR!

We are aiming to have a test next weekend. May 13, 14, or 15th. Exact date and time TBD within the next few days based on majority. Just like before, if you are interested, please post a reply here or send me a PM. I will update the list of testers as they appear.

Also, if you are unsure if you can do this because you don't know how multi, mods or technical anything works... please please join us on IRC and we can help you get setup.

Here's are some video demos of what to expect: capship TvT
                                                                       AoA conversion Forced Entry:Multi playthrough

Interested testers:
Kyad
Sara
SpardaSon21
Droid803
WormholeSurfer
Antares_Z13
General Battuta
Belisarius
Gunteen 6
Deadly in a Shadow
Vladislav
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:41:58 pm by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline -Sara-

I'm up like usual.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Of cource i'm interested, been waiting on a formal test for a while now

And for those considering, we have tons to show
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

The dates sound good to me.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline WormholeSurfer

• per aspera ad astra

:eek2: You can definitely count me in. Never done multi before though, I've no idea how to set up the thing. I followed the instructions here (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=63609.0) but I suppose I'll have to download something else as well?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

:eek2: You can definitely count me in. Never done multi before though, I've no idea how to set up the thing. I followed the instructions here (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=63609.0) but I suppose I'll have to download something else as well?

Check out this thread. And welcome aboard!

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
OP updated with link, thanks for the catch

That thread gives you a step-by-step rundown of how to get the multiplayer modpack. Getting a multiplayer pilot setup instructions can be found here

Also, if you are unsure if you can do this because you don't know how multi, mods or technical anything works... please please join us on IRC and we can help you get setup.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline WormholeSurfer

• per aspera ad astra
Thanks! Do I need to forward any ports to play, or is that only for the host?

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Only the host has to forward ports, yeah.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
How about having two tests, one starting at 6:00PM GMT on Saturday May 14th and another starting at 6:00AM GMT on Sunday May 15th?

This means Americans/Canadians will be able to play in the afternoon or at night on Saturday.

The Europeans will be able to play late at night on Saturday or early in the morning on Sunday.

And the Australians will be able to play in the afternoon on Sunday.

What is likely to happen is that the time between these two tests will have sporadic games being played, a marathon if you will, making it a good day to be a player of freespace.

We can use the teamspeak server as well... it will be a grand old time. What do you all say?
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Antares_Z13

• Improving skills by the day
Count me in. I'll be available this weekend. I'll be at my friend's place kickin' it on his laptop (much much better than my POS machine here), so you wont have to hear me ***** about Karuna or any other capital ship/cruiser grabbing me by the balls (aka killing my framerate). And yeah using teamspeak is definitely a smart idea.
"Do or do not. There is no try." --Master Yoda

Offline WormholeSurfer

• per aspera ad astra
Sounds good to me. Don't think I'll be talking much though, still living with my family here and it'd get pretty awkward if I started yelling stuff into the computer in a foreign language. I'll get on teamspeak anyway to hear your war cries

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Re: WIH Multi Test #4! [TIME ANNOUNCED!]
Date and time has been announced! hope to see you all there. PM me or post here if you have any questions.

Recommended build for the test will be v7180
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline WormholeSurfer

• per aspera ad astra
Antipodes 6 works okay, but v7108 crashes before the pilot selection screen. Can I play with the old one?

Debug log is here: http://pastebin.com/vk0AJNK5
Looks like it fails to convert my single-player BP2 save

Edit - renamed the players folder, it works now

And another edit - will Fury's lighting mod cause any problem?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:41:41 pm by WormholeSurfer »

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
We try to use anything post-7108, but using whatever build is in the BPmulti folder at the time is your best bet.

Lighting mod is local only, if you wanna torture your comp like the rest of us do, be my guest. It shouldn't effect a thing except your viewing pleasure.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Ok, I hope that I can spend some time for the fourth test.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

I'd like to test.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Sounds good! See you there!
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I wouldn't mind joining the 6:00AM GMT one today for a hour or two if I have some time. Although I'm not sure if my multiplayer is configured correctly.

EDIT: I think my multiplayer is all right, actually. :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:59:06 am by ssmit132 »

Offline -Sara-

Got hindered unfortunately.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.