Author Topic: RERERERERELEASE: Just Another Day Collector's Edition  (Read 42744 times)

Offline RVR72G

Re: RERERERERELEASE: Just Another Day Collector's Edition
Not sure if this issue has been posted before:

in JAD 2, after I complete the campaign (without doing any more loop at all), the "All Your Space (aka Mission 1)" doesn't shows up in simulator menu (the first mission listed there is Bling Bling Yo).

Before completing the campaign, All Your Space was still listed there.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Is it just me, or does Alpha 1 have the worst luck ever when it comes to flying? And FRED is a total jerk...

Also:
Spoiler:
When you get locked with FRED Mark 1 and his two wingmen, even though Circes and TAG-As do nothing until a point... I wonder, is there some sort of failsafe that prevents him from dying if you ram him enough times? Ramming takes 1% HP off of him...

Also, in 2.21... that's just a Blue Planet Nyx with EVA-01 coloring, isn't it?

Something tells me I'm going to randomly see The Nostromo or USCSS Prometheus in the non-existent Episode Four.

The Episode Three puns, just couldn't stop... I haven't seen that level of punmanship since the second Merry Gear Solid.

No voice acting?

If you can get Samuel L. Jackson to show up for Terran Frakking Command, we'll talk.

Ah, the joys. Two things that would have made this perfect was to have the "Say What Again" scene taken off when Alpha 1 asks "what?" after some stupid command, and Kool and the Gang's Jungle Boogie (although that's asking for the mod's death sentence).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Axem

Hilariously enough, FRED is not guardianed at all in that mission! (I just checked the mission) However there are three of them, so odds are you'd probably die first. (Maybe)

Holley's fighter in JAD2.21 is a recolored Ezechiel, which BP renamed the Nyx for their mod, so... yes, you are technically correct. Same fighter, just bright purple.

Glad you enjoyed the series. :)

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Here's another game-breaking condition I would be willing to try, and see if it works:

Episode Three:
Spoiler:
When Alpha 1 has to kill the Morality, I realized I could kill the engines, despite excruciating time, and when I killed the AWACS, the gig was up, all objectives failed... even if the Morality couldn't escape into subspace. Do I get a bonus such as ending the campaign early if I kill the Morality?

Such as "now go read a book" ending?

Edit: d'oh... trying that didn't work...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:54:12 pm by Black_Yoshi1230 »
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Axem

Stop trying to break it!  :hopping:

It never did anything to you!

When I try to load up the campaign, it keeps giving this:

Error: ERANGE: String error. Please Report.
Trying to put into 127 byte buffer:
tsoupdebris01b-shine.dds

File: /Users/cliffgordon/fs2_final_export/projects/Xcode/../../code/cfile/cfilesystem.cpp
Line 1809

And then it promptly CTDs. Solutions anyone?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

tsoupdebris01b-shine.dds

File: /Users/cliffgordon/fs2_final_export/projects/Xcode/../../code/cfile/cfilesystem.cpp
Line 1809

Your install path is too long. Move your FreeSpace 2 folder to C:\Games\. That will solve the error.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck

tsoupdebris01b-shine.dds

Line 1809

Your install path is too long. Move your FreeSpace 2 folder to C:\Games\. That will solve the error.

Or since HeliosRX is playing on OS X (hence "Xcode" in the error message ;)), move your FreeSpace 2 folder to the Applications folder.

Sorry guys, same error in Applications folder   :wtf:
Is it something to do with the port? Moreover, how do I fix this?

Thanks again, guys.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:10:35 pm by HeliosRX »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Post up a debug log.

Sure!

How?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
check the link in my sig :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Got it.
Thanks!

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Try shortening the name of this folder:

Code: [Select]
/Applications/FS2Open/JAD_Collector's_EditionNoMovies.7z Folder

e.g.
Code: [Select]
/Applications/FS2Open/JAD_CE_NoMovies

You'll need to reselect the mod in wxlauncher after making the change.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

It WORKZ

Thank you so much, this forum is incredibly helpful and quick to reply. Now for my hatted Perseus!

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
hahaha hilarious campaign.  I loved all the references to other sci-fi things like stargate.  Impressively comical while still being fun.  I also loved how ships were "reborn" all the time.

Great recommendation General Battuta!

I've only played the first one but I'm looking forward to more.

Offline Axem

Why thank you very much. :)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam

Download link is down, and i wanted to play it so much!
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Axem

Fix'd. I had renamed it and forgot to update that post.

Also JAD (and all my other campaigns) are also available on the FSO installer!

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Thanks Axem! I can finally play it :)
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--