Author Topic: Submit your Fanmail!  (Read 39189 times)

Offline Axem

To everyone that isn't going to go Supernova about Alpha 1 anymore:

Paper or Plastic?

Holley: Holopaper.
Delta 1: Nanoplastics, son.
Sherry: Paper books, while a rarity now, are certainly very interesting, so I would need to choose that.

Light or Dark?

Holley: Dark stuff is cool!
Meddy: Light casts judgement on all sinful!
Harriet: Mmhmm!
Holley: Y-yeah, light's... cool...

Romeo or Juliet?

Delta 1: Juliet of course...
Meddy: Both, they would've made the best pairing had they lived...
Holley: Which one turns into a robot?

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Holley: Chocolate.
Delta 1: Chocolate.
Meddy: Chocolate.
Sherry: Chocolate.
Beta Testers: Chocolate.
Mysterious Unrevealed Character: Dark Chocolate.
Other Mysterious Unrevealed Character: Chocolate.
Merv: Chocolate.
Epsilon 1: Vanilla.
Holley: Ruined it...

Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen?

Holley: Star citizen is still to be released, but the good news is the funding goal is at 937 megatrillion creds. So all I can say is... how do I get in on this?

Wax on or Wax off?

Delta 1: Or maybe flying crane kick?

Vorlons or Shadows?

Epsilon 1: Yes.
Holley: Get the heck out of my galaxy!
Delta 1: Are you quoting Sheridan, or talking to Epsilon 1?
Holley: Yes.

Just for the FRED of it: Independence Day Resurgence aliens vs Shivans in some FRED missions. Envision utter lasers everywhere (Shivans can't use Supernova in this duel).

Holley: Shivans still got this. As they are REAL and Independence Day Resurgence aliens are NOT. QED. Ipso facto. End of discussion. Thank you. Except not really.
Sherry: It is rather hard to predict as we have not seen the true potential of either side. By the very fact that the Shivans could cause a star to enter a supernova state shows they must possess untold and unseen technology and expertise.
Meddy: Both are ugly as sin and I will not enter into this at all.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I want my money back. This clearly isn't what I paid for.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Which characters from jojos bizarre adventure would you guys be?
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Axem

I want my money back. This clearly isn't what I paid for.

Holley: No refunds! You agreed to forfeit your right to a refund by agreeing to the new TOS by posting in this thread. (By the way we are still waiting for a sample of your blood)

Which characters from jojos bizarre adventure would you guys be?

(Note Axem has only seen the first season so by extension that is all the characters have seen as well!)

Delta 1: I would be Jojo of course, no contest. Just check out these pecs!
Holley: ... Uh huh ...
Delta 1: Maybe Caesar, then? He's got my fashion sense too.
Holley: Maybe Speedwagon.
Delta 1: He does have a pretty good hat. So you'd be, who... Lisa Lisa?
Holley: Of course you'd expect that, but it would be Dio!
Delta 1: Blonde, antagonistic, impossible to get rid of, shouts 'worthless' at people all the time. Yeah that fits.
Holley: Why do you make it sound like that's a bad thing?
Delta 1: And then Epsilon 1 would be...
<== To Be Continued

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'll be the rooooouuuunnnndabout!

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
To everyone who's currently (or recently) been in school:

What are your grades?

Lemme guess: Holley's mostly D's, Delta 1 got straight A's because he's so perfect, and Epsilon 1 gets a consistent B average. Dunno about Holley's friends.

To everyone interested (even minor characters):

What's your favorite indie game?

If you had a Star Citizen budget to make your own game (any genre or medium), what would it be?

Have any of you heard of the Danganronpa series? If so, who's your favorite character, and any other comments you may have?

What do you think of Slaves of Chaos and The Aftermath: Reboot?

Star Trek or Gundam? Why?

Have you ever worked a job? If so, what was it, and any funny stories to share?
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Axem

To everyone who's currently (or recently) been in school:

What are your grades?

Holley: Do grades really matter that much? I would have thought that in this day and age, those barbaric practices would have been outlawed.
Delta 1: Yeah, I mean if a girl with a D+ average is able to save the universe from destruction, they can't mean that much.
Holley: Hey! >:C
Delta 1: I wish I could say my grades were in the As but my education was sort of rocky since I was moving around a lot and doing commercial shoots. But I did work hard and qualified for the Mehku-Vraxene Corporate Scholarship Investment Maximum Opportunity Benefit.
Holley: How much did you get?
Delta 1: 50 million Zen.
Holley: And that was...
Delta 1: 20 creds.
Holley: Uh-huh...
Sherry: I am sad to report that my grades are below average this year. Instead of my usual A++++, they are only A+++.
Epsilon 1: One year, the teacher forgot to mark all of my assignments and I was forced to repeat a year.
Holley: I wish that could be more surprising.

What's your favorite indie game?

Holley: I guess we're talking super-ultra-actually-retro games that you'd know about, huh? House of the Dying Sun was pretty rad. Though it needs an ending where I could crown myself god-empress for ultra-eternity. Smite everyone with the point of my finger.
Delta 1: Undertale was a masterpiece. Let me explain in detail through my 428 part series... [Rest of response cut for space]
Epsilon 1: I enjoyed Bus Simulator.

If you had a Star Citizen budget to make your own game (any genre or medium), what would it be?

Holley: Robots. Giant transforming robots. Action. Adventure. Plot twists. Explosions. The stars. The stars are calling...
Delta 1: First off, I would make a Star Citizen type game that could actually be made. It would be open world, massively online, you'd be able to do anything. Be an admiral, a janitor, traffic control operator. Anything. Next, the in game economy would be- [Rest of response cut for space again]
Meddy: The most in-depth relationship simulator possible. You could like actually digitize personalities and attempt to make sense out of them.

Have any of you heard of the Danganronpa series? If so, who's your favorite character, and any other comments you may have?
What do you think of Slaves of Chaos and The Aftermath: Reboot?

Holley: They are my games backlog. I may get to it one century, but there's 800,000 other games on there. (I don't know how it is in your time, but typical game bundles are like 1000 games for 5 creds, its such a problem!)

Star Trek or Gundam? Why?

Holley: Gundam! Giant robots >>>>>>>> stupid talking technobabble.
Delta 1: I like them both equally. They both have their strong points. Gundam: a gripping commentary on war and politics, Star Trek: an enlightening vision of a utopian in the stars.
Epsilon 1: I have not watched either.
Meddy: I liked the Gundam one where this beautiful pop star helped defeat those gross looking aliens with the power of song.
Holley: That was Macross.
Meddy: Right, Gundam: Macross.
Holley:

Have you ever worked a job? If so, what was it, and any funny stories to share?

Holley: What, saving the galaxy isn't a job to you?! Maybe I'll just quit trying to be a big hero then, we'll see how you like being ruled over by a giant anger-prone narcissisic idiot that thinks the universe revolved around them.
Delta 1: Uh... Holley...? *Whisper whisper whisper*
Holley: What? Oh... oooooh... That just happened, huh. Uh, anyway...
Delta 1: As alluded to before, I had done a number of regional market commercials. They didn't really pay big, but it was good practice.
Meddy: I work part time at a fashion store on the station. I get a discount on all the latest trends. I routinely try and buy Holley some nicer looking clothes, but for some reason they always seem to end up Harriet's closet... :nono:
Holley: What a weird coincidence! :)
Harriet: Mmhmm!!!  :nervous:

To Epsilon 1: What is your favorite book?

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Chocolate, vanilla..... strawberry or caramel?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Have you ever broken the SPACE LAW? Have you ever been arrested by the SPACE POLICE for doing so?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth

Who or what were your favorite JAD 1-3 characters/segments? Besides Alpha 1, Holley?
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Axem

To Epsilon 1: What is your favorite book?

Epsilon 1: The one I am reading right now.

Chocolate, vanilla..... strawberry or caramel?

Holley: Chocolate still!
Meddy: Hmmm... I dunno, strawberry is pretty nice...
Sherry: Caramel has its charms.
Delta 1: If you want my opinion...
Holley: Maybe...
Delta 1: I love all flavors! They are special in their own ways!
Holley: Wow, way to take a stand...

Have you ever broken the SPACE LAW? Have you ever been arrested by the SPACE POLICE for doing so?

Holley: I cannot comment on investigations that are currently on-going.
Delta 1: Well, technically I didn't do anything wrong, but another Delta 1 went renegade and they mistook me for him and so I spent a weekend in space jail. Met some other Delta 1's in there that had the same problem. It turned out to be a good networking session.
Epsilon 1: I took a vow to uphold all laws in defense of the GTVA.

Everyone:

Who or what were your favorite JAD 1-3 characters/segments? Besides Alpha 1, Holley?

It should be noted that JAD 3 technically hasn't happened to these guys yet! But here's some answers anyway.

Holley: I liked the part where ships blew up. That's always fun.
Delta 1: I really enjoyed the one on one duels with FRED. You really had to have your wits about you.
Holley: The disco was pretty revolutionary too, setting the stage for dance tunes in every future mission. Also best non-Alpha 1 character? Terran Command, I guess? He was always there for Alpha 1! Making sure he had up to date information!
Delta 1: ...We played the same campaign, right? I guess my favorite character was Delta 1 in Just Another Day 1, Mission 6. A pro bomber pilot, bravely leading the charge against hostile invaders. It really inspired me!
Holley: Did he actually have any lines?
Delta 1: Actions speak louder than words.

Offline CKid

So I have been playing through the latest release of JAD and have a question for Holly. In your fathers office, he has a hand drawn picture of your family made by you, but who's that standing behind you? It doesn't look human. Is it an alien?
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Axem

Holley: What. Daaaad... why is that picture still up! It's so old, ancient! Obsolete! I can do a new one, thousand times better!
Merv: I like this one. It's our family portrait. Here's a slightly more high quality one for people who haven't seen yet.

Holley: Daaaaaaaadddd!!!!!

Anyway... The one behind me in the picture is just my Uncle Alex. He's pretty cool! You'll see him in the next release. Really awesome, kicks a lot of butt and brings me presents! Like awesome weapons to destroy evil nerds with.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Holley: Is that your mom? Why hasn't she made an appearance in JAD yet? Could it be that she's the hidden -1-th beta tester? :o

Everyone else: If you could swap from flying a tiny, puny space-plane to driving a great big space battlewagon capship, would you?

Offline CKid

Oh my Fred! Just seen the preview and I must say, Alex looks like a total badass. I'm excited to meet him in 2.22. I got to ask: Is he capable of controlling and operating an entire destroyer on his own? I hope someone will get the reference.

Also to Epsilon 1: Was the Aries assigned to you, or did you select it yourself?
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
To Holley, Delta 1, and Epsilon 1:
Which of the new weapons is your favorite?
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Offline Axem

Holley: Is that your mom? Why hasn't she made an appearance in JAD yet? Could it be that she's the hidden -1-th beta tester? :o

Holley: Who wants to know?! Why! Are you after her legendary secret forbidden cookie recipe?! I thought we got rid of you vultures! Dad, code MAGENTA-SHIFT! Code MAGENTA-SHIFT!! This is not a drill!!!

Everyone else: If you could swap from flying a tiny, puny space-plane to driving a great big space battlewagon capship, would you?

Delta 1: I'd have to pass, I really enjoy the romantic feel of flying a small agile fighter, just like you're a leaf in the space wind...
Epsilon 1: I too would prefer fighters.
Delta 1: On the other hand, all that responsibility... the prestige... the cute executive officers...
Merv: I used to be a fighter pilot until I transferred to operations command college, with a double major in secret operations. I wish I could share more but... it is all rather classified. Maybe in 45 years. But I did enjoy starship command more though.

Oh my Fred! Just seen the preview and I must say, Alex looks like a total badass. I'm excited to meet him in 2.22. I got to ask: Is he capable of controlling and operating an entire destroyer on his own? I hope someone will get the reference.

Holley: I will tell him you said that! Also Alex does command a capital ship in the next release! He could probably do it by himself, I mean everything is automated these days anyway, right?

Also to Epsilon 1: Was the Aries assigned to you, or did you select it yourself?

Epsilon 1: It was originally assigned, but I have come to be quite accustomed to it. My fighter has been lost in battle several times and I have always requested a new Ares.

To Holley, Delta 1, and Epsilon 1:
Which of the new weapons is your favorite?

Holley: Starlance! Have you seen how awesome it gets with upgrades? I'm just sad it uses sooooo much energy... I also like the Hanabi, so colorful!
Delta 1: The Megadoom Torpedo. The way it explodes almost brings tears to my eyes everytime.
Epsilon 1: Anything that is not the Bubble gun...
Holley: Also be sure to tech out the tech room for all of Holley's WeaponRates!
Delta 1: Yeah, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. Your rating system sucks.
Holley: Why so mad, Dolta?
Delta 1: You gave every weapon a 12 or 13 out of 10! It doesn't even make any sense.
Holley: They're good weapons, Dalta!

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Are you after her legendary secret forbidden cookie recipe?!

Yes :warp:

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Holley: Okay, but what if... what if Alpha 1 were a girl? Not just any girl, but an anime girl? I mean, nobody's ever seen Alpha 1, right? All we've ever seen of Alpha 1 is a fighter... with a hat!