Author Topic: Bugs/glitches in games... funny ones preferably  (Read 11173 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: Bugs/glitches in games... funny ones preferably
Does it say "You're winner" after each successful assassination?

No, but it should. :lol:

Just watch the videos, especially the Horse Skydiving, and the Front/Rear wheel drive ones...  :p

EDIT: Here are a few... strange occurrences, if not glitches, in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. First, a Dornier Do-335 after a mid-air collision with a friendly aircraft... apparently the front section of his plane is just dead weight or something, as the plane just happily continued flying in this condition:

A slightly older shot from a multiplayer session, where I managed to get my Brewster B-239 into a rather fascinating position:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:05:20 am by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Descent 3. There's a reason why the Omega Cannon is never used in most multiplayer games. Sometimes, it doesn't do any damage, but at other times, it gives an instant kill regardless of the victim's shield power. There was one time where I had fun using the Omega with another player. He was using his Omega to peel off the shields of my ship bit by bit. Then, out of nowhere, I gave a short burst of my Omega to him and he died. He told me that he had 131 shields (out of 200) at that point. I had 67. :wtf:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That weapon could occasionally cause some strange effects but I don't remember seeing anything quite so bad with it, at least back in 1999 when I used to play the game a lot online. If anything, it was much more balanced than D2's overpowered version.

Most interesting things happened when I was in the practice fighting circle and started pushing the two dudes against the railing, they stumbled, fell, and then their body parts started zipping all over the place like some kind of deranged version of Sue from the Fantastic Four... they bounced around like that for a while, then they kinda warped themselves back together T-1000 style and re-appeared as normal human beings.

This is standard fare in most Havok-powered games. :D Deus Ex: Invisible War still has the most extreme examples I've seen of this effect though.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:11:59 am by CP5670 »

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
one strange bug on assassins creed, you need to scale a building in acre to discover the layout. after you have discovered the layout ned need to find a way off the ledge your on however the game creators made a big mistake, i jump off like normal and end up dead next to a hay pile.

on su-25 on the other hand :rolleyes:, i can fly through buildings (the big green and orange pentagon shapes sticking out of the ground) with my jet fighter, was strange :lol:.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Falcon 3.0 Gold had an odd bug in the physics engine that would result in taking damage to your landing gear and being unable to raise them after takeoff every third mission of the day. Perhaps more fascinating yet, if you punched AB up to the point the slipstream should have ripped off your gear, this is exactly what would happen...

...only if you allowed the autopilot to handle the landing as I usually did (I was pretty good at the whole dogfighting thing, but I never did manage to learn to land...), it would mysteriously drop magically repaired landing gear!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Anyone remember The Babylon Project's slingshot maneuver?

You go inside the EA station and then proceed to bang yourself against a wall, then you'll be thrown at the other side, and again, and again, ad infinity, each time going faster until the game can't handle all the colisions and suddently you'll be flying away from the station at a speed measured in the thousands of m/s!  :D
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Nope but i insist som3eone duplicate it an dstick it on youtube... :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
when in multiplayer or single player by just randomness, the large freighters are planet side, the thing is that for some strange piloting reason they always want to go "planet hugging" and blow up in the process.

I will never forget a most epic demonstration of this at planet Berlin. A battleship, along with its entire convoy of 4 cruisers and 12 fighters, apparently decided that it could dock with the planet via the docking ring. After slamming into the docking ring at full speed and twitching around as the physics engine cried out for mercy, it finally went straight through the docking ring, and into the planet. The rest of its convey faithfully followed to their deaths.

the best one is where your at gammu, passed the first sun and the other one is about 150k away and you get to the sun and you do not get a corona warning you just bounce off the sun!.

Few people seem to know this, but the yellow sun in tau-31 is missing a deathzone as well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:36:56 pm by blackhole »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
when in multiplayer or single player by just randomness, the large freighters are planet side, the thing is that for some strange piloting reason they always want to go "planet hugging" and blow up in the process.

I will never forget a most epic demonstration of this at planet Berlin. A battleship, along with its entire convoy of 4 cruisers and 12 fighters, apparently decided that it could dock with the planet via the docking ring. After slamming into the docking ring at full speed and twitching around as the physics engine cried out for mercy, it finally went straight through the docking ring, and into the planet. The rest of its convey faithfully followed to their deaths.

the best one is where your at gammu, passed the first sun and the other one is about 150k away and you get to the sun and you do not get a corona warning you just bounce off the sun!.

Few people seem to know this, but the yellow sun in tau-31 is missing a deathzone as well.

Really? I've never tried ramming a sun before. I don't dare to.

There seems to be a 300m/s cap in FreeSpace 2, because the GVF Ennead of INFR1 cannot exceed that.

Back to Freelancer...if you park your ship in the Von Rohe Belt, you can watch as the Red Hessians attempt to fly by the sun. Target them and watch their shield and hull integrity drop from full to nothing.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Al Tarket

that stone cold star at tau 61, you should sit their for a while next to a extremely dense minefield and watch some fighters head into them at full speed :D.

in the glasgow system, you want to dock at a mollys base, but after your cleared to dock you get a CTD, and it happens everytime.

so every game that runs the havok engine has that dead body problem... :lol:. does or will farcry 2 have this problem :rolleyes:
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Glasgow? Tau-61? Are you running the Discovery Mod? ;)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Al Tarket

how did you guess..  :D. anyhow, does theif 3 use the havok engine?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
how did you guess..  :D.

Because I went to the Glasgow system once. ;)

The Rebalance Mod has a few errors, especially since my computer had a tendency to crash whenever I was near Planet Leeds in the Leeds system.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Al Tarket

come to think of it i think it was Edinburgh  :lol:. oh well

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Tyrian 2000. Occasionally, in levels with those orb things that push your ship in one direction, you might see a few slide out from the side of the screen that you can pick up.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I just remembered another bug.

In C&C: Generals - Zero Hour, one of the super-sonic bombers (controlled by the AI) glitched itself into flying in a circle. Now, because it's invulnerable until it drop its payload, my gatling turrets kept firing (uselessly) at it. This led to an army of infantry walking right past my defenses.  :ick:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
so every game that runs the havok engine has that dead body problem... :lol:. does or will farcry 2 have this problem :rolleyes:

Let's see...I have seen that effect in DX: Invisible War, Half Life 2, FEAR, Oblivion, Splinter Cell: DA and Bioshock. It's almost a standard part of games these days. :D

These screenshots I took are fairly old, but they show how extreme it can get under the right conditions: (although you don't see the rapid vibrations all over the place in them)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 also has an interesting bug. If you try to drive a buggy up a roller coaster track such as the wooden one, it'll eventually sink into the ground and run about in circles.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
Freespace 2 can way exceed 300 m/s as far as I know.

There was one for Age of Empires I - I don't know how it happens, but sometimes you attack a cavalry (or hero) and run away (with another cavalry or hero) and the AI one stands there and attacks nothing with its sword. It keeps doing this until it gets attacked again or the computer runs out of army or you build a wonder. You can also get balista towers to make the shooting noise but nothing comes out when you attack it with a horse archer at max. range and run away.

Another one for FS2 - place heaps of capital ships in each other, like cruisers, and watch them fly apart when you start the mission. Also watch the AI sometimes fly into capital ships because they are trying to get you when you are right next to it, or they are trying to escape you.

Return to base right next to a large ship that is about to blow up, and watch your fighter get blasted away from its warp. You don't die since you are invunerable as soon as the camera changes to "subspace drive" view.

As for Elasto Mania - having any wheel between two almost straight polygons and pressing the brakes will blast the wheel towards the wider end. Of course if you sretch too far then you get internal error. Change direction when spinning fast or stretched (use elmaNITRO) and grab a screen shot when your bike disappears or the suspension "detaches" from the wheels and goes anywhere.

FS2 warp in two large capital ship right in front of each other and watch the larger one push the other back into its warp! But then it magically appears at point blank range in front of the other one after its warp time ends.
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
In FS2, you might be able to achieve a fake subspace cataclysm if you destroy the NTT Inspiration just as it speeds up to enter subspace. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan