Author Topic: War In Heaven Preview 1  (Read 17457 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: War In Heaven Preview 1
Ransom, are you ever on IRC? I bet Darius would be interested in talking plot with you. Although you two are stylistically very different, you both produce the most plot-heavy work in the community.
Atmospheric, perhaps.  But I claim the plot title for ST:R! :nervous:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I would happily include ST:R in such a list.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yay!

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
I relished the IRC chat we had, General Battuta. Next time we do it, there needs to be a way to transcript it. I could have sworn that I lost about half of the good parts in translation when I tried to copy it into a Word document.

Don't worry, the ideas are still bright and fresh in my head, I just wish I could have a full concrete copy as well.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Ransom, are you ever on IRC? I bet Darius would be interested in talking plot with you. Although you two are stylistically very different, you both produce the most plot-heavy work in the community.
I worry that such a conversation would become more of a debate than a discussion. Based on Age of Aquarius and things like 'character passes', I'm not sure we have much common ground. But if Darius wants to organise something I'm happy to oblige.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I worry that such a conversation would become more of a debate than a discussion. Based on Age of Aquarius and things like 'character passes', I'm not sure we have much common ground. But if Darius wants to organise something I'm happy to oblige.

Well, I want to emphasize that my comment's on Darius' writing are not necessarily actually the way Darius writes - I don't think he's going back through the story and adding character bits in to a preexisting plot. I don't want to give the idea that he's got some kind of rigid technique...'character pass' was just a rhetorical flourish! It should not be the basis for assessment.

Now I feel dumb.  :nervous: Got a bit too enthusiastic.

In any case, I think anything as formal as this is sounding would probably be a bit awkward, so let's just leave it up to the coincidence of folks stumbling into other folks.

Offline eliex

Just to sate my curiosity, from looking at the WiH alpha, can there be any estimates on when WiH can be released?   ;7

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Just to sate my curiosity, from looking at the WiH alpha, can there be any estimates on when WiH can be released?   ;7

When it's done :)
Quote from: General Battuta
What I meant was that I totally want to sit in on that IRC conversation.
You're not alone :P My interests may not be far from "Blowing sh*t up" but watching the two greatest campaign writers to date on HLP discuss anything is worth wagging school and the extra homework  :lol:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Armor repairs were added so that we could make GTVA fighters more threatening. When six Myrmidons come in to attack your wing, each one of them armed with Balors and Tornadoes, they have the potential to do a ton of damage in very few seconds. We didn't want that to necessarily ruin a player's entire mission if he, say, got hit right off and had to hide from beam cannons.
no pierce shields flag was not an option? :)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
It would've seemed a little double-standard at the least.

Offline eliex

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Atmospheric, perhaps.  But I claim the plot title for ST:R! :nervous:

How can you claim something that isn't yours? Don't get me wrong, you filled in some important gaps left by Volition, to make things more coherent. However, the filling wasn't much more than natural conclusion.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
ST:R had a very heavy 'mainstream' plot in the tradition of FS1 and FS2's design. Transcend and Blue Planet both branched out to do different things, so it's hard to compare them.

Offline eliex

Transcend and BP splits from the generic faceless Alpha 1 which I quite enjoyed. Don't get me wrong thinking that I hate generic Alpha 1's but it was good to see that Alpha 1 actually has a story.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
And in Transcend, it's not even ALPHA 1, it's KAPPA 1  ;)
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Wasn't it Omicron Wing?
Wait no, that's later...
What was Marcel's wing designation after transfer? Omicron 4?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Only during operations.  Outside of a cover story, he was Kappa 1 until Omicron 1...leaves.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline eliex

Only during operations.  Outside of a cover story, he was Kappa 1 until Omicron 1...leaves.

Thanks for summing it up. I was quite confused about that actually as I played the campaign.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Narayana artillery ship

Is that the ship on the sidebar of the music page on the website, or is that image something not previously mentioned? :nervous:

Offline Darius

It's a sekret!  :hopping: