Author Topic: War in Heaven Preview 3  (Read 15770 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: War in Heaven Preview 3
Vasudan admiralty. . . Hmmm, you know they all have "THAT" poster above their bunks right?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:55:12 am by Colonol Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

....... Why is a Sesmu in that picture?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
....... Why is a Sesmu in that picture?
Well, why not? Is there some kind of issue with the Sesmu?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Vasudan admiralty. . . Hmmm, you know they all have "THAT" porter above their bunks right?
Don't we all?

:nervous:

Offline Ally Cat

• Go to bed.
Vasudan admiralty. . . Hmmm, you know they all have "THAT" porter above their bunks right?

They have a choice of three.
"mew."

And there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth as they fled the terrible kittens.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Can I just say, your dev team is insane.
We like to call it creativity.

Offline wuu

Its good, but I hope you guys will please step away from using only Egypt terms for vasudans.
That narrowed approach for the Vasudan society gave me always the feeling for mutated Egypt flying in space.

Its custom for vasudans " to take on what they call a Terran name " that was after the great war and

"Because the Vasudan homeworld was primarily desert, the Terrans used Egyptian names to designate Vasudan warships during the Terran-Vasudan War and the Great War. After the defeat of the Shivans, the Vasudans insisted on maintaining this convention. The Emperor strongly identified with the history of Ancient Egypt, particularly the longevity of its civilization. Following their Emperor's example, Vasudans will take on what they call a Terran name from the myths and history of Ancient Egypt"

For the Military still okay, but not for the Vasudans as a whole, I mean after 50 ?? years of interchange, specially history, that its normal to see something like a female vasudan scientist calling herself "Marie Curie" or for civilian freighter "Makai" [HAWAIIAN WORD Makai: toward the sea]
And how the Vasudan thinks of that as an insult " to take on what they call a Terran name " that the stupid monkeys are able to distinguish our people.

I had never thought about the caste system but it would be real interesting to go deeper into detail.
Why, it could give an explanation why they recover relatively well and if your born into one or you can choice from an particular age.
I think to ability to choose fit better with the vasudans and why not more than one.
"the Vasudans are a civilization of philosophers, artists, and scholars rather than warriors" I would say there is now a strong military caste and good opportunity to show the diffrent approaches to war.
" The Art of War " fit them really well, instead of fixed fleet movements " Terrans art; Showing your womens womb" and more the fluent fleet movements "Vasudans art ; The Swordwind" sent out scouts and attack in one fluent strike ( Power OverWhelming ) that would give an explanation for the swarm tactics in the TVW !?.
Some **** like that.
"Showing your womens womb" Well, a kind way for the vasudans to satirical the terrans for this " to take on what they call a Terran name ".

Why I am writing this hmm, I am bored and would like to give a other point of view, I guess !

I really looking forward for WiH and Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:41:05 pm by wuu »
Der Freigeist

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
:wtf:

Offline Narvi

That sounds like it would be incredibly forced.

I don't want to fight with the Akaleirabainhannah-seryo (if the light shining upon the ship at shipboard breakfast time is green, suffix changes to oryhhough, for other points on the spectrum see the attached guide) just so the Vasudans seem more alien.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
The quotation marks in this post are amazing.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
What does 'showing your women's womb' mean?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
No clue.

I have toyed with the idea of Vasudan slang that was picked up by Terrans before. "Know the shield" for example, a phrase similar in useage to the Terran "seen the elephant"; a slang term indicating one has seen combat, dating to pre-gunpowder Vasuda Prime. A warrior who fought in battle and survived, it was presumed, knew how to use his shield.

I've also found myself inventing new military jargon for the Terrans simply because it's improbably modern jargon would survive that long.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Want to PM some to me? I always need more jargon, my ACM dictionary isn't really that great.

Offline wuu

What does 'showing your women's womb' mean?

:lol: It has no meaning, is something I come up with, but it could mean don't show your assets so openly!

Some random blub !!!
Der Freigeist

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Want to PM some to me? I always need more jargon, my ACM dictionary isn't really that great.

Done.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

some real good stuff in this one. only just finished all 4 of them.
I shat all over that Shivan fighter....right up 'till his buddy got me.

It sounds like the Jester's prophecy definitely involves the return of the Shivans, and its trigger for this 'unspeakably horrible' event will be the Terran Civil War.

This pleases me.  :yes:

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
How is War in Heaven coming along?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Pretty well! We made huge progress this summer and we remain active.

By all means, release it when you're ready. Although I must be one of the weird ones who enjoys reading the encyclopedic back stories as I do actually playing the games. The prose of Blue Planet is really great.