Author Topic: Changes for War in Heaven Director's Cut  (Read 18216 times)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Re: Changes for War in Heaven Director's Cut
And I'm not at all familiar with angelical spellings. :nervous:
Battuata's explanation is good enough...

I noticed during the credits song that, in the scene with the Carthage and Imperieuse, they did not make warpout noises when they were entering subspace but the Chimera does when it opened it's portal. It seemed to punctuate the song nicely at the time when the Chimera did it, but was that the intention or a was it a sound glitch?

I noticed during the credits song that, in the scene with the Carthage and Imperieuse, they did not make warpout noises when they were entering subspace but the Chimera does when it opened it's portal. It seemed to punctuate the song nicely at the time when the Chimera did it, but was that the intention or a was it a sound glitch?
I had assumed it was muted for effect.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
How do you do that?

Offline Kolgena

I had assumed it was muted for effect.

I thought it was a sound glitch unique to my setup :/

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
We can in fact do that via SEXP but could not at the time Sunglare was made - it's probably a happy accident.

Offline Kolgena

I'd prefer if that sequence was either entirely silent or entirely audible. It's weird when the first two are silent, and the last one is jarringly loud.

Offline Darius

There was no muting in that entire cutscene. I suspect it's because the smaller ship is inside the range which the subspace noise can be heard, being closer to the camera.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It seems to me that the Fenris's tech description and that of the Deimos seem confused on the success of the Fenris design. That might be a minor thing to touch up?

Oh, and the Atalanta should be listed as having 6 and 2 banks, not 2, 2, 2.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:21:45 pm by Mars »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It seems to me that the Fenris's tech description and that of the Deimos seem confused on the success of the Fenris design. That might be a minor thing to touch up?

Don't think so, the Deimos comparison is numerical and role-centric, not about performance.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Ah, right you are.

(I'm looking for things to fix btw, my recent digging for problems is because I like BP)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No worries, it's much appreciated!

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I know this is being handled but I'll put it here anyway.. Debris fields for the new ships. That "wipe-out" effect when they are destroyed is annoying. It's the one thing that ruins the otherwise perfect opening sequence...

More "Ken-Speak" if feasible. Basically more of Ken being a voice in Noemi's head. In the heat of long battles when Noemi gets blood-knight (to use TV Tropes speak), have Ken make comments. One or two vague comments that could be Noemi's own over the course of missions pre-dream. But after the dream, they become more frequent and increasingly directed her...
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
All the optimized versions of the new ships have debris, so the wipe-out should be gone.

We could definitely sneak in some more whispers.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well SUPER OCD TIME.

It has Gauss Cannons on a triple-barrel multipart which normally mounts Point Defense Turrets (Narayana) or Burst Flaks (Karuna).
It has UEF Heavy Turret on a single-barrel multipart which is also used as a Burst Flak on the Karuna.
It has burst flak coming from a singlepart button turret.

I would have put the Burst Flak on the triple-barrel multipart, the Gauss Cannon in the single-barrel multipart, and the UEF Heavy Turret from the button, I'd feel it be more consistent with the Karuna and Narayana like that.

They could probably be switched around model-side (or heck maybe eve table side) without affecting much balance.

Also, the Karuna and Narayana aren't consistent in terms of turret appearance = turret function.

Burst Flaks are mounted on Twin-Barrel Multiparts on the Narayana, but Tri-Barrel Multiparts on the Karuna.
Point Defense Turrets are mounted on Tri-Barrel Multiparts on the Narayana, but Twin-Barrel Multiparts on the Karuna.

These could probably be swapped on the Narayana without affecting balance either.

Proposal:

Burst Flaks => Triple-Barrel Multipart
Point Defense Turret => Twin-Barrel Multipart

Which leaves putting the UEF Heavy Turrets on the Sanctus on the "disc" like singleparts which are currently Burst Flaks, and the Gauss Cannon on the Single-Barrel Multipart on the Sanctus.

Some of these would probably be best done model-side seeing as well, it wouldn't be so trivial to just swap stuff around.

I feel the turrets should visually represent what they fire, 'tis all, it helps identify which turrets are more/less dangerous easily if you ever have to fly against one.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:48:34 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
This would be a good change to make assuming it doesn't impact balance.

Offline crizza

Perhaps something with those reactors on the ships...disable the reactors, completly disables a ship...something like this...

Offline -Norbert-

I'm not so sure that would be a good idea. First off, the reactor is more likely than not in middle of the ship, meaning that if you blow a whole that reaches up to the reactor, the ship is most likely already as good as dead.
But more importantly it would be bad for balance. If you can just take out a single subsystem to neutralize a ship, it makes it too easy. Unless of course it has an insane amount of HP, but why bother adding a vulnerbility that is not vulnerable? Defeats the purpose of a vulnerbility.

It might be interresting for support ships like AWACS and logistic ships, but should only be done for a selected few (non-combat) ships, if done at all.

Offline Kolgena

Hmm.

Would it be realistic to expect the director's cut to be released alongside the MVP 3.6.14?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Probably not. Voice acting won't be done by then, I suspect.