Author Topic: Potential BP3 Subtitles  (Read 19190 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Re: Potential BP3 Subtitles
We aren't talking about changing the story of BP3, which is already written out. We only talk about the subtitle.

"Falling Towards Apotheosis" would mean someone getting closer to becoming a divine being, wether they want it or not. That would fit the situation of the Humans quite well, since they are manipulated by the Vishnans for sure and most likely by the Shivans too (Ken being the most obvious hint in that direction).
And "Into the Fire" could just mean as much as "There will be a massive battle"... which will probably be the case in BP3.

Neither of those subtitles has anything to do with Babylon 5, beyond being used there as an episode title too.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Well it would be a total rip on the pivotal episode of a certain SF series, but:
Blue Planet: Falling Towards Apotheosis

Hm.... Shivans and Vishnans manipulating us to become the part of the divine trinity they want us to be.... not too bad a title (and certainly a great series to pick from).
I guess "Into the Fire", which comes from the same series, might also be fitting.... if it wasn't the name of the canceled B5 combat sim that was supposed to be made by Sierra.

I already did that with Apotheosis Humanitas as a subtitle :(
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Blue Planet: Dew From Olympus

And just because I can't resist doing it...

Blue Planet: See If You Can Get Into the Lucifer's Fighter, Bei
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Veers

Blue Planet: Carpe Diem
Blue Planet: Rays from Capella
Blue Planet: Light of Capella
Blue Planet: Let's Capella Again (probably a shivan title...)
Blue Planet: It's getting croweded in here
Blue Planet: Legacy of the Lucifer (or..., Legacy of Lucy)
Blue Planet: Teir 1 - Fedayeen
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

gargl

Offline Raiden

• Vassago's Dirge fanboy
    • Ministry of Truth
Light of Capella is nice, though it probably wouldn't have much to do with BP3. Nice title for a mod though.
/logic/reason/faith/tradition/knowledge/rhythm/space/religion/
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3
Eagerly Awaiting: Titanfall
I write for god is in the tv. I blog at Ministry of Truth.

Offline -Norbert-

Well it would be a total rip on the pivotal episode of a certain SF series, but:
Blue Planet: Falling Towards Apotheosis

Hm.... Shivans and Vishnans manipulating us to become the part of the divine trinity they want us to be.... not too bad a title (and certainly a great series to pick from).
I guess "Into the Fire", which comes from the same series, might also be fitting.... if it wasn't the name of the canceled B5 combat sim that was supposed to be made by Sierra.

I already did that with Apotheosis Humanitas as a subtitle :(
Close but not quite. The "falling" is the difference.
Were your title just sais that humanity is moving towards divinity, not giving away wether they do so out of their own will or not, "Falling towards Apotheosis" sais that humanity is pulled there by outside force.
For example your title might mean that due to their "enlightenment" Humankind is offered a position among the big ones, but may decline, while the "falling" title feels more like us being dragged into the conflic and used as pawns by them.

Offline Nuclear1

damn, brahma is onto you, get out of there
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
No comments on my suggestions :/
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Veers

Quote from: Raiden
Light of Capella is nice, though it probably wouldn't have much to do with BP3. Nice title for a mod though.

Thanks, it probably wouldnt fit with the BP storyline. I was just thinking of random/crazy/good/fun ideas.

And had the thought of. Capella, destroyed by the Shivans, is a major pushing point for the GTVA wanting into Sol again. The Light of Capella is running out..., is time for the GTVA running out? (now.. only if I knew how to FRED well, I could be all set for a mod (or several) right about now....)

Ok, your right. It is another mod.... lol
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:32:51 am by Veers »
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Blue Planet 3: See If You Can Get Into the Atreus' Fighterbay, Laporte

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Blue Planet 3: See If You Can Get Into the Atreus' Fighterbay, Laporte

I think that'd probably be far more difficult than getting into the Lucifer's ever was.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
True story: there is an opportunity to fly into the Atreus' fighterbay in an existing mission, but it has sentry guns inside it

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I see... another "race around" mission?
el hombre vicio...

True story: there is an opportunity to fly into the Atreus' fighterbay in an existing mission, but it has sentry guns inside it

Contingencies, man. Only Steele would stash bigass automated weaponry is his ships fighter bay and then have it actually serve some purpose.

Offline Nuclear1

Mr Snuggles was one of Steele's contingencies.

Dammit I knew it
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Blue Planet 3: The Steele Contingency

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Blue Planet 3: The Steele Contingency
Or the Steele Contingency of the Contingency
Contingencies, man. Only Steele would stash bigass automated weaponry is his ships fighter bay and then have it actually serve some purpose.
Or he is simply crazy prepared.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Blue Planet: Contingency of STEELE!!!

...Fixed that for you. :D

I'm a little disappointed that BP: Coke with Rum hasn't gained any ground, either. :p
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Blue Planet: Bigger, Badder, Bluer

Greetings from Inferno,

Rampage