Author Topic: F.3.A.R 3 revealed  (Read 6451 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
But the game isn't even out yet and people are talking about how it's going to suck already.  I mean, really.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
But the game isn't even out yet and people are talking about how it's going to suck already.  I mean, really.

We have the ability to forecast future events based on prior trends!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've been waiting for a chance to link this article, and it looks like it'd fit in just fine here. :p

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4

WHOOP!!

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

the atmosphere is what defined FEAR.  it's not hard to tell from that trailer that it is gone.  and the original developer is gone.  maybe that won't be a negative, given how the developer did on 2, but what has been the intense opinion of this community about the development of freespace 3?  "If it ain't V, it ain't freespace 3".  these are perfectly valid reasons to conclude that the game will suck AS A SEQUEL. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
it's not hard to tell from that trailer that it is gone.

Yeah, because two minutes of snippets is going to tell you the atmosphere of the entire game.

But none of that is the point.  What I was talking about is how people aren't even giving the game a chance to be good.  It's always They Changed It Now It Sucks.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
it's not hard to tell from that trailer that it is gone.

Yeah, because two minutes of snippets is going to tell you the atmosphere of the entire game.

But none of that is the point.  What I was talking about is how people aren't even giving the game a chance to be good.  It's always They Changed It Now It Sucks.

Okay, one more time.

The first game was good.

The second game was bad.

We are projecting a continuation of that trend.

Yep, and the elite ass-kicking F.E.A.R. pointman of the first game is now replaced with a shaggy-haired bum with an assault rifle.

Seriously though, I want to know what the hell happened after the end of EP where your extraction heli gets blown up and Paxton Fettel does that creepy monologue about the end of the world as the camera pans across the ruined city.  And most importantly, I want to know what the hell the story is talking about when it mentions "You will be a God among men."

EDIT: I also want to know why the hell the player is helping Alma considering he caused a nuclear detonation in an attempt to kill her in the first game and she seems hell-bent on causing the end of the world in revenge for what her father did to her.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:08:31 pm by SpardaSon21 »
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline VPR

Although it was good Extraction Point is non-canon according to Monolith and it's storyline is not being carried through, unless I've read wrong?

Well I personally didn't think much to the trailer but I'll hold off any further judgements until they start giving us more preview material.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I loved the guns in FEAR.
Dat ASP rifle...

Also, the two expansions for FEAR 1 get a lot of flak, but they're still fun. Perseus Mandate handled a bit differently from the main game and Extraction Point...
Spoiler:
in that it had a relatively happy ending. Steven Blum voicing one of your squad mates didn't hurt matters either. :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:10:44 pm by redsniper »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

Also, the two expansions for FEAR 1 get a lot of flak, but they're still fun. Perseus Mandate handled a bit differently from the main game and Extraction Point...
Spoiler:
in that it had a relatively happy ending. Steven Blum voicing one of your squad mates didn't hurt matters either. :)

Spoiler:
what the hell is happy about finally making it out only to realise now EVERYTHING has gone to hell?  everything you just did was for nothing.  it's not over, there is no escape.  everything you just did was for nothing; the entire city is in flames and for all you know the entire world is also.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Spoiler:
You and one of your sqaud mates make it out alive in a helicopter and you prevent the mercs from getting Fettel's DNA or whatever they were looking for.

Hard Light Productions:

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
that wasn't Extraction Point, it was Perseus Mandate

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Yes

Hard Light Productions:

Offline Vrets

"F.3.A.R"

Oh, man. That just oozes sophistication.

Future PCGamer review
We were told that the numerical insertion is firmly in the tradition of Left 4 Dead and ilk. The '3' is an allusion to the game's innovative three man co-op: one player assumes the personage of the Point Man while another takes the reins of the man with the structurally compromised forehead. The third player sits in spectator and mocks the others for playing "F.3.A.R". 98/100 EDITORS CHOICE