Author Topic: low fps  (Read 1865 times)

Offline r00b

In linux I have gotten around 60 fps in freespace 2 open, but recently with the code from cvs when there are a lot of missiles on screen my fps drop to 4.  If I use a build from August The game runs fine at around 60fps.  Am I missing something?

also my resolution is 1680x1050 and I use

-mod media_vp -glow -2d_poof -alpha_env -env -spec -jpgtga -orbradar -mipmap -cache_bitmaps -missile_lighting -dualscanlines -nomotiondebris -snd_preload -3dwarp -decals -ballistic_gauge -ambient_factor 60 -ship_choice_3d -spec_tube 0.4 -spec_point 0.6 -spec_exp 11 -fps

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
This was just reported to me recently.  It is only a problem in the unstable branch though (the main cvs branch) and doesn't happen in the stable branch that 3.6.9 is working from.  You can either use the stable branch, or wait until later this weekend when some developer attention can be given to this issue (problems in the unstable branch get lowest priority).

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
In linux I have gotten around 60 fps in freespace 2 open, but recently with the code from cvs when there are a lot of missiles on screen my fps drop to 4.  If I use a build from August The game runs fine at around 60fps.  Am I missing something?

also my resolution is 1680x1050 and I use

-mod media_vp -glow -2d_poof -alpha_env -env -spec -jpgtga -orbradar -mipmap -cache_bitmaps -missile_lighting -dualscanlines -nomotiondebris -snd_preload -3dwarp -decals -ballistic_gauge -ambient_factor 60 -ship_choice_3d -spec_tube 0.4 -spec_point 0.6 -spec_exp 11 -fps

:welcome:

Welcome to the HLP Station, All references to FS and the number 3 must be removed from  your person to prevent accidental :snipe:. Do not feed the redident Shivan Carl as he will become voracious and chew your leg off. Flamethrowers can be found under your seat but due to financial constraints have been re-filled with holy water, Phased Plasma rifles (40 watt range of course) can be found in storage lockers. To prevent act of n00b however, These can only be opened by Moderators, :v: or a hyperintelligent shade of BluE. In the event of catastrophioc hull failure please board the nearest lifeboat which is pre-programmed for autonymous flight to our sister station the Game-Warden outpost.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 05:38:50 am by Colonol Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png