Author Topic: Arch linux AUR  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Topgun

Okay, so I adopted the AUR for FSopen, first off, is there any dependencies I need to know about?
Secondly, the code for 3.612RC can be compiled for 64bit, right?
Also, should I make inf builds the default, since thats whats recommender now? AFAIK, there is no official INF build in the AUR.
And another thing, right now the package installs the MVPs automatically, should I keep it this way?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:15:42 pm by Topgun »

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I have made builds on 64bit Ubuntu that seemed to work, and were not 32bit as they wouldn't run on 32bit Ubuntu or other systems.  And I believe I remember taylor saying 64bit linux compiling was working fine a while back.

I'd make INF builds the default.

There are quite a few dependencies, if you're installing an existing binary you need quite a few libs, as most are set up for dynamic linking.  The Installing FS2_Open on Linux guide on the wiki should list the libs you probably need.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Topgun

Ok, with the way I am planing this both the official builds will be compiled and installed to /opt, but it will use the INF build by default, at least until INF merges.

I am going to need links to the 3.6.12 source code, both INF and standard builds.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The code is the same, you configure it with different flags.  Read the compiling for linux guide.  There is no 3.6.12 tarball yet.  That'll come with the release.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline marvn

there is pkg in aur for INF builds from svn, you can look how it's done.