Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 134790 times)

Governor Abbott: Rescind the mask order.
Local Judges: No. I won't do it, it isn't safe.
[Governor Abbott stares at Local Judges for a moment, then Fauci, then back at Local Judges]
Governor Abbott: Safety first, always. I've been saying that for 25 years. That's how long I've been doing this job, 25 years. Is that longer than you, Local Judges?
Local Judges: Yes.
Governor Abbott: Is that much longer?
Local Judges: Yes.
Governor Abbott: See, if I say "it's safe", it's safe. And if the two of you disagree, then you don't have to work here. And you won't. But not just here. You won't work at Dallas, or Houston, or Austin, or San Antonio. You won't work anywhere ever again. I'll see to it. I think you know I will see to it. Rescind the mask order.
Local Judges: [holds out the duty log] I would like you to record your command --
Governor Abbott: [slaps the log out of Local Judges' hands] Rescind the mask order.

[edited because I can't spell Fauci's name right, apparently] 5:57 CST
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 05:57:35 pm by perihelion »
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
**** me, it really is hard to maintain some faith in humanity witnessing the dumbf*ckery of the anti-vaxxers. At this point, I'm doing what I've always done: making sure to keep myself safe by wearing a mask and social distancing.

The good news is this: I just got my second shot of the Moderna vaccine last Friday so I'm finally in the free and clear. (Only side effects were a sore arm for three days and a mild fever that lasted less than a day.) My dad got his second shot all the way back in February and my sister got her shot more than a week ago so my family is all in the clear. In a couple of weeks we're going to have our first family dinner together in a year and a half.

Hope you guys are vaccinated or are on your way there.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline starlord

Remember that technically you are not in the clear until 2-3 weeks following the second inoculation. Time for your immunity to be fully established.

Offline Dysko

Italy is still lagging behind with vaccines. My parents (~65-70 y.o. age range) will be getting their first shots in middle May. Vaccine booking for me (30 y.o. with non life-threatening pre-existing health issues) should have started next Friday in order to get the first shot by June according to the original vaccine plan, but Lombardy region decided to put it back because reasons.

At work I have to deal with a co-worker who does not want to be vaccinated due to this trombosis bulls**t.
"Err... you smoke 2 cigarette packs a day. You have a SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER (and with a demonstrated correlation) trombosis hazard from that!"
"Yes, but smoking is my own choice!"
 :sigh:
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline starlord

Good for you man.

I’m in France and in the same age category. In all likelihood I won’t be vaccinated before summer or fall.

Offline Lorric

My "favourite" reason I've come across for someone not getting the vaccine is they simply can't be bothered. I wonder how many such lazy people there are, that won't go out and get it, but probably would let you if you brought the vaccine to them.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Just got my first shot today! (merderna)

Arm is a tiny bit sore but that's about it as far as side effects, I took an hour-long nap but that's more due to me doing housecleaning all morning and most of yesterday.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Got headhunted for a 3 year bomb overwatch contract on HS2 rail project in Central London.  And they offer free covid testing twice a week.  So on going to get myself a free covid test for the first time since this all kicked off as the government will make me wait ages before I'm offered one.   Fingers crossed but I honestly think I've had it and come out rhbither side already based on the variation of my work sites throughout the country and volume of people I've already come into contact with.

I'll update later if anyone's interested.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Please keep us updated Dekker, I'm interested.

My new shot, of the Jansen vaccine, is scheduled next week. I'll only need one dose apperently, so that'll be good.

Fingers crossed.

Offline Dysko

Vaccine booking for me (30 y.o. with non life-threatening pre-existing health issues) should have started next Friday in order to get the first shot by June according to the original vaccine plan, but Lombardy region decided to put it back because reasons.
Turned out it was postponed by one day only.

I'll get my first shot next wednesday! :D

Wow, the US just switched sides in the vaccine patent debate, now fully supports releasing those parents for Covid vaccines. Fingers crossed that the EU follows suit.

I've been jabbed!

So time to look at how the rest of the world is d...

India is not in a really good place atm

It's somewhat frustrating how vaccine misinformation is now just a thing that an entire political party does.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Unavailable in the UK. 😭
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Unavailable in the UK. 😭

It's OK the UK already has a very high vaccination rate thanks to that whole Andrew Wakefield affair playing out there :P

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
2nd Merderna shot received,  :yes:
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

My daughter was finally able to get her first shot a couple weeks ago.  My son still has to wait because he's too young.

In the meantime, Governor Abbott has decreed that no state institutions are allowed to require mask use anymore.  Including elementary schools where none of the kids are going to be able to get vaccinated until late this year / early next year.

I usually say it in irony, but honestly: Think about the children!??
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Dysko

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Despite knowing lots of people who fell sick for a couple of day after the second shot, I had no side effects at all.

Now I have to wait a couple of week for it to have effect, then I'll start thinking about a return to normality.

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Despite knowing lots of people who fell sick for a couple of day after the second shot, I had no side effects at all.

After a while that's actually started to weird me out. Had no side effects either and it's like... "Did it work?"

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Got my first shot (Pfizer) a couple nights ago. Was luckily able to reschedule my appointment for a place literally down the street from where I live. Arm felt like it was carrying a brick inside of it, but it feels better now.  :yes:

Second shot's scheduled for the 19th of September.