Author Topic: Space Sim Gaming Help  (Read 1940 times)

Offline darkone

• Space Sims will NEVER DIE
    • Space Sim Central
Space Sim Gaming Help
Hi Everyone

I need a little help from the community to help compile a list of links or just references to other space sim style projects so I can get them listed on my website Space Sim Central.

I have a fair amount of space sims, remakes, mod sites, mmos and indie games listed but could use a bit more help in finding more. This will be a great resource for everyone interested in space games in general. Any feedback on the list is welcomed to in the way of categorizing entries or how it's displayed. (SSC Links Area)

So if people can leave there feedback in this post http://www.spacesimcentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=680 it would be appreciated or just create your own. At SSC I am trying to cover the latest and most popular games in the space sim genre and hopefully create a nice hub for people to discuss all the games in general. I have also started a wiki that (in time) will document most of the space sims that have been created as well.

Thanks Everyone for the help and the feedback thus far on SSC.

-D1-

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Space Sim Gaming Help
You've not included Diaspora. List us like Wing Commander Saga please (i.e without the total conversion tag).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Not a bad looking place

Offline darkone

• Space Sim Central
Thanks karajorma

That looks very good I will read up some more on that and do a small write up on that soon. Added the link to my page and will put it up in a few days once I get some more feedback so I can submit everything at once.

Not a bad looking place

Thanks Blue Lion. Site is just over four months and trying to get it out there so people can start using it and get these great mods and games out to the masses so everyone can enjoy them.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Is the idea to host the mods or simply link to them with a description and rating?

Offline darkone

• Space Sim Central
I can either host them (as long as my bandwidth is good) or link directly to the download if the author doesn't mind. But the download mod if it is an external link it needs to be a link directly to a file not a webpage or it will fail when you submit it.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
What's your plan for sites that go down or links moved?

I mean you can't obviously host everything but I'm curious of your plan for backups (if you have one)

Offline darkone

• Space Sim Central
What's your plan for sites that go down or links moved?

I mean you can't obviously host everything but I'm curious of your plan for backups (if you have one)

My plan right now is I will stay with my current host until Oct when it runs out and then I will switch providers to one that offers a bit more bandwidth since it looks like I might need more than the 1.2TB a month :)

But on the links I generally try to quickly go through them and verify they are working and or members will let me know of broken links and I will adjust them when broken or links are changed.

On downloads I will do my best to host them myself and only link when I have to or I make a forum post to point people to the game download. And I also have to get permission to host someone else download as well if I can. generally people don't mind but some do :)

Now I just need to work on getting the word out to more people so they can start using the site and make it so I don't talk to myself to much on there :)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
cant reach it for some reason...

EDIT: Works now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:31:17 pm by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Loads for me