Author Topic: 'Refresh tables' command  (Read 2411 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
'Refresh tables' command
It would be highly needed for modders, to avoid restarting FreeSpace every time a change in the tables is done.

Or if it is difficult, because it would need a new art work(the button(, I suggest you to make a shortcut command for it. Like F5, or any of them.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline diamondgeezer

He's done it again, folks. I want this. Sure it means I'm lazy, but it'd make on-the-fly modding a hell of a lot easier. Maybe models and other stuff could be refreshed at the same time?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
you can change all models without restarting the game. As far as I know.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline diamondgeezer

Don't think so

Offline Krom

Minimum I think you would HAVE to restart the current mission anyway.  Just making an option for the game to auto launch and load a specified mission would make more sense to me.

-Krom

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
He's done it again, folks. I want this. Sure it means I'm lazy, but it'd make on-the-fly modding a hell of a lot easier. Maybe models and other stuff could be refreshed at the same time?

Heh.  I share your sentiment, DG.  Although this request isn't quite as outrageous as some of the others - it's something I've wanted too.  Unfortunately, reloading all the table data is far from simple, and it would take a bit of code gymnastics to dispose of the old table data and import the new table data while keeping the program running.

Incidentally, the POF models are reloaded every time you begin a mission, so no problems there.

Originally posted by Krom
Just making an option for the game to auto launch and load a specified mission would make more sense to me.

'Twould make a lot more sense indeed, and be much easier to code.  Maybe someone will grab this.

Offline terren

On a related note, is there a vewer some where that would let me see what my weapon shots look like without having to load up FS each time?  That would be a bit more usefull I think.
Proud user of wings 3-D

Mad? Oh yes quite mad.

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Krom
Just making an option for the game to auto launch and load a specified mission would make more sense to me

Oh yes... weren't we talking about a sort of lite interface a while back, just a simple piece of kit to let you launch misisons and nothing much else?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Does this mean that I'm the only one who can't alt-tab out of FS2? I thought it was a bug that hadn't been squashed yet so I just put up with it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It works...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Have you been to bugzilla, kara?
ALT-TAB is working quite weird in FS_open at me, too. I can switch task, but I cannot return with ALT-TAB, only by clicking on the minimized window.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by TopAce
Have you been to bugzilla, kara?
ALT-TAB is working quite weird in FS_open at me, too. I can switch task, but I cannot return with ALT-TAB, only by clicking on the minimized window.

Yeah. That's basically what happens to me. Except that when I try to return FS2 is running but I can't see it (I still see the desktop!)

I was under the impression that this bug had already been reported (I'd heard complaints about people not being able to Alt-TAB out of FS2_open and figured it was my bug).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline diamondgeezer

Works fine now, it's been working for since I made that post about Phreak's non-clippy build. Should be working under D3D as well :nod:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I've been looking for a MILO (MIssion LOader) as a complement to FRED for some time. Something to just skip past all the interface and drop you right into a mission of your choosing with the current pilot. /me wants this very very much.

Pleeeease? *big puppydog eyes*
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...