Author Topic: New MediaVP: 3.6.5  (Read 34374 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
the only thing i couldn't do is make multiple shockwaves...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
IMHO, any sort of simple shockwave doesn't look realistic (except for maybe when missiles impact, with a circular shockwave)

A shockwave must be composed of fire or some sort of physical object in order to be visible - most likely you'd have gouts of fire, with detonations if fuel/reactors went up. But a sphericcal or circular shockwave wouldn't occur, just massive amounts of flames and debris. (Although I did ask Bobb about implementing a Matrix emp-esque shockwave when a big ship went down - turns out it'd need pixel shaders though.)
-C

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Darleth, welcome to HLP. :)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline WMCoolmon

redmenace: Have you updated mv_effects? (If you were looking for a goahead, you've got it - the model file will fix the current cruiser03 error)

If Lightspeed's packs contain shine/glow maps for FS1 vessels (I haven't checked) then you could probably shave a few MB off by taking them out. That's really the area of the port. If you don't feel like taking the time to do so, I doubt anyone will complain much. :p
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
or, you could put them in a separate VP?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

Yeah, but again, that's really part of the port.

There could be an mv_fs1.vp, I suppose, but we already have trouble keeping this many VPs up-to-date and working. There's already shinemap and glowmap download links on the port page, after all.
-C

Offline redmenace

Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

I think there might be a problem with single player effects. The Maxin won't work in missions.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

To help get some people started with the FS2 SCP on another forum, I set up a couple of torrents to distribute the necessary files and help save you guys bandwidth.  Anyone else who can use the torrents may as well, too.

The SCP installer, latest build + latest media.vps
Download torrent
(8 files; 125.91 MB)
View torrent stats

The AVI versions of the cutscenes
Download torrent
(10 files; 134.30 MB)
View torrent stats

(These don't actually work with the 3.6.5 build as far as I can tell, but do with the CVS builds.  Place them in the main FS2 directory.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 11:41:54 am by 2207 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:welcome: greycellgreen. wow, a n00b and already you're helping us. :yes:

Originally posted by Cobra
wow, a n00b and already you're helping us. :yes:
Haha.  Technically I registered here before you  :p I just don't have anything to contribute usually.

I've been playing space combat cames since Wing Commander... FS2 just seems to have been the best of the lot; the SCP and modding community are keeping it still relevant today.  I didn't even 'discover' Freespace until a few years ago, and even then only picked it up because it had 'Descent' in the title :D

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Good man. :yes:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
oh crap, i just looked at your register date :lol: 2 months b4 me and u have ONLY 4 POSTS! HAHAHAHAH! btw do you have something that opens .torrent files?

:ha: , i think you are the n00b, when you don't know how to use Bittorrent.  :lol:
My Sytem

Wer das liest ist doof!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i never heard of it until i wanted to download TBP. which was a month ago :ha:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You need a bitTorrent client. Take your pick

Don't know why you need any of these files though Cobra.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline redmenace

I wonder if cobra knows you can download tv content as well :drevil:
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Falcon

Originally posted by redmenace
I wonder if cobra knows you can download tv content as well :drevil:

:nervous: