Author Topic: New MediaVP: 3.6.5  (Read 34376 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by FireCrack
It seems the table file in the zpack does not include my beam effects in it but all the images for the beamglows are included.

Result... bfpinks

I'm already including Lightspeed's tables, which is why it wasn't included. I could add your table entries to the weapons.tbl in aseffects I suppose.

Also, I've been having trouble connecting to the warpcore FTP, so here's VPMage in zip form:
-C

Offline redmenace

WMCoolmon, just talked to inquisitor. Read the internal.

Also, vpmage is also here http://fs2source.warpcore.org/mediavps/vpmage.zip
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 07:42:53 pm by 887 »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
i released a merged (mione+LS's) table here

http://members.shaw.ca/firecrack/weapons.tbl
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Hey is there a table hack or tex swap I can do to stop the planar ring explosion being used for EVERYTHING?  It looks utterly retarded when bombers are attacking a capship and there are huge orange rings everywhere, and planar rings on missiles?  I never realised how bad they looked until they were EVERYWHERE.  I already use a custom vp with some explosions from Inferno; what do I have to replace to change these explosions?

Offline WMCoolmon

Warpcore mirroring:

mv_core
mv_effects
mv_aseffects
mv_models
mv_textures
mv_hieffects
mv_zpack
VPMage

FireCrack, is that your effects merged with Lightspeed's single-player effects table That is, the one that comes with the weapons images themselves, not the one in the multifix zip?

Pnakotus, you can use VPMage to get rid of the explosions, or you could rename the Inferno table to take precedence over the mediaVPs. I think what you want to get rid of is data/effects/ExpMissileHit*.ani.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 03:52:12 am by 374 »
-C

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Uhh.. it's the Single player one. And i've re uploaded to fix a bug i just noticed (LRed's used thrusterglow) so redownload if you didnt already.

And as for the multiplay ones i cant find those
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Why the link for the Zpack doesn't work now ??

Offline WMCoolmon

Ack, sorry, I forgot it.

Try this link: mv_zpack :)
-C

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
Woohoo! Incoming! Now my computer will have EVEN MORE of a handful running SCP! :D So, I take it this zpack is, well, everything? By the time I have it, someone should have had the opportunity to answer... :)
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Offline WMCoolmon

Everything but loplanets and aseffects. (You don't need the former and the latter is extremely small.)
-C

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
Tank j00. *Waits for download to finish*
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Does the ZPack have the well known memory sappers in it like the animated Shivan glowmaps?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
actualy, mabye not.

Offline redmenace

DaBrain actually thinks that EFF might be a solution for that issue of the animated glowmaps. of cource you can remove the glowmaps and use the other ones that were made.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I'll release something soon. But I still need Lightspeeds permission to mess around with his glow maps. ;)

And I could need some testers.

BTW I hope you don't mind having several hundreds of DDS files in your 'maps' folder. ;)

First test stage is completed already. There shouldn't be bad  surprises anymore.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Perhaps the coders could help get around the clutter of hundreds of maps for an eff by having the eff file look for a subdirectory with the same filename (minus extension).  All the maps required would be in the subdirectory.  That would reduce clutter would it not?  Again, I'm not sure if that's a headache to code or not.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
AFIAK something like this is already planed.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
Perhaps the coders could help get around the clutter of hundreds of maps for an eff by having the eff file look for a subdirectory with the same filename (minus extension).  All the maps required would be in the subdirectory.  That would reduce clutter would it not?  Again, I'm not sure if that's a headache to code or not.

Good idea but not really possible.  It would require some horrible CFILE hacks to make that work or some work arounds that are equally as bad.  If anything the EFFs will be made into a container, one file with all of the images packed in it.  This makes it a little more difficult to create in the first place as well as use since the file loads don't work with like that yet.  The EFF would work more like ANIs at that point.  And before anyone asks, both the current and the new container format would be supported so you don't have to worry about current EFFs not working at some point in the future.

I really think that it would better for everyone to use VPs in the near term rather than letting their data/ directories get tons of files thrown about them.  Whenever DaBrain or Lightspeed comes out with something new I just toss it in a VP so that I can easily update or removed it.  Most of this is obsolete with the new MediaVP but here is what I have as an example: ma_beamz.vp, ma_dabrain.vp, ma_he.vp, ma_hipoly.vp, ma_lsd_sg15.vp, ma_thrusters.vp.  Makes things much easier to deal with. :)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Ofcourse then you have table overrideAnd ofcouse lets not froget the coveted modular table.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by FireCrack
Ofcourse then you have table overrideAnd ofcouse lets not froget the coveted modular table.

You get that either way, I just have more control over it with things in VPs.  VPs are used in alphabetical order so ma_* comes before the mv_* stuff that's officially released which in-turn comes before the standard game files.  Using a -mod will override those just like it does in data/.  I've got half the alphabet to order what comes where in the load order and it's much easier to pick and choose what I'm going to use at any time to fix bugs, test something or whatever.  There are quite a few bugs that get reported which are due to crap hiding in data/ that people didn't know about.  That old Microsoft Windows mantra of thowing things in a directory and hoping it doesn't break anything needs to die.  Soon.

Well maybe not too soon.  I do make a very good living out of fixing the stupid things that Microsoft does.  I've got a bad habit of installing Linux servers in offices and then 3 years later wondering why I would volunteer to hurt my business so much.  Simply having another Windows server out there makes me so much more money. :thepimp: