Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 64259 times)

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
Sweet flaming Jesus, boys, PEDALS! :hopping: P-E-D-A-L-S!
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Sweet flaming Jesus, boys, PEDALS! :hopping: P-E-D-A-L-S!

I'm Dutch, so I'm allowed to make spelling mistakes! :p

Seriously, we had great fun during LAN play, but stability has been a slight issue.
I forgot to mention, the above was all playing in OGL, resolution on the two faster machines 1280*1024, and on the slower machine (the ME one) 1024*768.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
That actually looks pretty good...unfortunately that's exactly what 'no warp effect' is supposed to do, and changing it would probably break some missions/campaigns.
How about adding a second checkbox to the arrival/departure cues that disables the rendering of the warp effect, but preserves the acceleration/deceleration effects.  TBP could use this instead of the proposed set-relative-speed sexp.

Also:
In the next CVS build:

- "WMC_SIDE_TURRETS" work

What exactly is this, and where does it go?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 05:59:16 pm by Trivial Psychic »
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Multi-part turrens on hte sides of the ships that will work properly?????

You guys are my heroes :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline redmenace

He was experimenting with it.

On a side note, I am almost 100% back up and will start to post builds tonight, hopefully.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well it wasn't me who spotted this one. I got a PM about it.

Quote from: Jouzin
Hello
If you don't mind I would like to ask you a question. Could you tell me why I can't give in INITIAL ORDERS for Colossus and Sathanas things like Warp, Attack, Play dead, Waypoint path etc ?
For other ships like Orion or Ravana I can.

I am using FS_open 3.6.7
Thank you for your answer :)

Jouzin

My reply was

Odd. Just checked it and I can't add them with the latest build (the one from the CVS builds forum). I can however do it with the 20/12/2005 build so it looks like it's a bug in that particular build of FS2.

Incidentally this isn't a Media.vp issue as far as I can tell cause I tested with and without them present
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wuu

When I ran this build I got this error message. Rather, a whole bunch of 'em (different lines of the table it seems). I held enter for a few seconds and they kept on coming...

Error: mv_turretangle-shp.tbm(line 5:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$animation=triggered].

File:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Source Code\clean\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
Line: 603
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

This was with the 3.6.8 beta VP's, though it seems they've been updated today too and I don't have those versions yet. Would that fix the problem?

This was with the 3.6.8 beta VP's, though it seems they've been updated today too and I don't have those versions yet. Would that fix the problem?
Yep.

Hmm, I using the newest CVS build 12/2905 and the updated 3.6.8 beta VP's, but I have the same problem.  :confused:
Der Freigeist

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I just downloaded mv_core twice - once direct from the FTP, the next from the links and both seemed fine.
-C

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
I also downloaded mv_core twice, from th link, to no avail... same problem. CVS 12/29/05; new 3.6.8 set.
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Yes, I noticed that problem, it's new, it seems that you can't give any order to any ship with the "SuperCap" (Super Capital) flag. Even so, you can force it in the *.fs2 using a text editor (notepad for example).

Grrr, I'm getting that same error.

Error: TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm(line 5:
   Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$animation=triggered].

File:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Source Code\clean\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
   Line: 603
   [This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

And so on and so forth.  I'm using the 12/29/05 CVS with the 3.6.8 VP's.

Parselo.cpp is nowhere near My Documents on my computer :p  Looks like somebody fubar'ed their compile, though I'm not a coder.  At all.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Are you folks with the turret angle fix problems absolutely certain that there are no rogue tables in the game, data or in any if its subdirectories. Search for *.tbm and *.vp files.

I just downloaded all of the 368betas and they worked fine (didn't try past mainhall).
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Oh...this is starting to get funny. Let me guess you also have the file "mv_100patch.vp", inside that v3.6.7 update, there is the file TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm, so, either delete the whole file. Or use QuickVP or a program like that to delete the TurretAngleFix-shp.tbm. That update is already included in the Media VP v3.6.8 Beta, in the mv_core.vp, as the file mv_turretangle-shp.tbm, so if you have the Beta VP, then you don't need at least that file, the one giving problems.

The problem is caused because there is used:

$animation= triggered
$type= initial   

It's the "=" (old). It should be

$animation: triggered
$type: initial   

It was changed to ":" (new)

I think it's a mess problem, there should be a warning like "Don't mess v3.6.7 Media VPs (and updates) with the v3.6.8 Beta Media VPs"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 11:58:25 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline WMCoolmon

Supercap orders thing fixed, in CVS. I'm not sure why one person was getting it in 3.6.7 :wtf:

Get rid of the 3.6.7 mediaVPs, JudgeMental. That includes the patches...those aren't going to work with recent CVS.

wuu and Murderous, can you tell me the exact filesize of mv_core? (right-click on it, click properties, and copy-paste "Size", not "Size on Disk". It should be: "8.23 MB (8,638,027 bytes)")

Edit: No. Do not use QuickVP. Just do the following...

Never mix files from two different mediaVP revisions.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 12:06:06 am by WMCoolmon »
-C

Ups..sorry WMC, I suggest using QuickVP because I am only using the new Beta mv_core.vp, since the mv_core.vp v3.6.7 keeps giving that error with the CVS 2005-12-29, and I don't really want use the Beta VPs.
-----------------------------------

Is the capital01-06a.tga fixed in the new Beta mv_textures ???.

In the v3.6.7 Media VPs I remember the *.DDS version was ok, but the *.TGA looks really weird, like it was messed at some format conversion.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 12:57:33 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline WMCoolmon

The problem with using QuickVP to fix a problem is that it can make it a PITA to troubleshoot problems. Generally, I'm all for the 'do-it-yourself' approach since one set of VPs isn't going to please everyone, but not when a problem is caused by improper use of the mediaVP files. There shouldn't be the "$animation=triggered" problem above, since the only place that has appeared is in the first mvp 3.6.8 beta release of mv_core. However in the second beta release, it shouldn't be present at all and the error message should be impossible to get...unless you've got older files from the mediaVPs floating around.

-----
Unfortunately no, when I was making the VPs no one mentioned it...however, there was some issue with newer TGA files not working properly in fs2_open, so it might've been inadvertently fixed.

Now that I've taken a look at the file, the .DDS is slightly smaller than the TGA, but since the TGA is 320x320 it's actually using about 3/4 more of the area, although it's less detailed, less sharp, etc...I believe it was made by Carl when the original texture was just the retail one. So I'm just going to leave it out of the next release.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 01:50:57 am by WMCoolmon »
-C

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Supercap orders thing fixed, in CVS. I'm not sure why one person was getting it in 3.6.7 :wtf:

I think Jouzin was making the mistake of simply reading the build number off of the title bar. He sent me another PM where he said he was using the 29/12 build.

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
 Build 29/12 is for 3.6.8 beta and its VP files ?
Perhaps this was problem that I was using 3.6.7 vp files with this new version of FRED open build 29/12  :)
Well thank you people for your help :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 03:29:38 am by Jouzin »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The 29/12 build should work with earlier versions of the VP files too (or with no VP files at all for that matter). The issue is the other way round. The 3.6.8 Beta VPs won't work with anything earlier than 29/12.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
One exception, 3.6.7 mediavp patch 3. IIRC It has old animation code included in the turret angle fix. So 29/12 should function properly if the 3.6.7 mediavps 3rd patch is not included.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light