Author Topic: Int3(): From C:\projects\fs2open-github-com\code\hud\hudreticle.cpp at line 953  (Read 1459 times)

Int3(): From C:\projects\fs2open-github-com\code\hud\hudreticle.cpp at line 953
I'm getting a consistent crash to desktop with no warning popup on Apr 28, 64bit fastdebug when trying to run mission 1 of FSCRP's Eagle takes flight. Log attached.
Campaign download link here. if you want to repro.
I have no clue why or how it happens.

I would appreciate it if someone could take a look at it.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline m!m

Re: Int3(): From C:\projects\fs2open-github-com\code\hud\hudreticle.cpp at line 953
That Int3 should only be able to be hit if a ship does not have any secondary banks which is normally not allowed. I'll take a look at this when I have the time.

Re: Int3(): From C:\projects\fs2open-github-com\code\hud\hudreticle.cpp at line 953
Well, that makes sense. The first ship you fly in that campaign is a modified Amazon drone with no missiles. Shouldn't debug warn you about that in the loading process though?
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline m!m

As far as I know, the engine is capable of handling ships with no secondary banks. I submitted a patch which removes the Int3 so that the code doesn't crash anymore.

Well, since the engine doesn't break in an obvious way when this ship is used on a release build I'd assume the engine can handle ships with no Sbanks.