Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Between the Ashes

BtA Bug Report Thread

<< < (3/50) > >>

mjn.mixael:
Can I see a screenshot of your HUD, because I play on 1920x1080 and it's quite usable without altering anything from the mod.

DefCynodont119:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on October 25, 2016, 06:49:10 pm ---Can I see a screenshot of your HUD, because I play on 1920x1080 and it's quite usable without altering anything from the mod.

--- End quote ---

I am using 3.7.4 as recommended.

1st Attachment: BtA HUD
2nd Attachment: Unification war HUD with scaling on

[attachment deleted by admin]

mjn.mixael:
so what do you think is wrong with it?

I ran a test with $scale_gauges turned on and things more or less scaled correctly on all HUDs. The only issue was that some headanis become slightly too big and are overlapped by the message box. (Which is not something that can be easily fixed because that message box is not technically a HUD gauge and doesn't follow quite the same rules. I did set scaling to No for a reason. I am certainly willing to help you, but I need to get an understanding of what you think is game-breaking about the HUD when scaled or not scaled.

DefCynodont119:
Sorry, I edited my previous post.

See the comparison in the two attachments: both the same type of HUD at the same res both with $Scale Gauges: on; but the BtA one is smaller for some reason.

I tried to mess with the scaling myself and BtA did not scale the HUD. The 1st image did not change with scaling on or off for me.

Getting the targeting reticle, radar, and everything other then the messages to be about the size in the 2nd image would be perfect, It's not so much that their "too small" It's that their "out of perception."

I hate to be a nitpicker and I get that "game-braking" is a bit exaggerated here, but not everyone has 20-20 vision, (I'm not gonna lie, I actually do have good eyesight, so this is more subjective but you get the point)

mjn.mixael:
Well that's working exactly as intended. If you're talking about the messages, those are not run by the HUD system in FSO. Those are powered by a special script that Axem made and thus would not be affected by Scale Gauges. I'll have to discuss with Axem if there's an easy way to scale it in the script itself.

Otherwise, the rest of the HUD will scale. I just did so myself. It just won't look exactly the same as UWar because, while it uses the same elements, they have been modified.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version