Author Topic: Repulse vs the colossus  (Read 861 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Repulse vs the colossus
So with the release of the new media VPs and a urge to replay Freespace. I played through the FS2 campaign again and I am working through FS2 blue to see the differences on both playthroughs the mission where the repulse rams the colossus I cant help notice while the repulse is approaching the colossus it bombards the ship with beam fire, but the colossus never ever returns fire. I have replayed the mission several times and the colossus never returns fire or tries to destroy the repulse before it hits. I just find it odd from a story point of the view the colossus wouldn't try and destroy the repulse before hit rams.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Re: Repulse vs the colossus
That's odd, usually the Repulse gets vaporized before it can do much of anything.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Yeah it's weird, I have played the mission at least 8 times and not once does the colossus fire its beams. It's like the hatshesput, unless scripted it only rarely used its main beam cannons.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Isn't the Repulse approach the Collossus head on? - the collie like most terran ships has a broadside-focussed turret placement
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

IIRC it has 2 forward slash beams on the head, and probably some addontion firepower due to the lack of Check Hull flags but it's been forever since I played that mission.