Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98460 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
Wait is Eyebleach a real campaign? I always assumed from the name it was some kind of parody meme thing.

It is! I believe the name came about after a certain...shall we say, infamous mod release occurred.

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
And Knossos is (once again) throwing a tantrum because I dared to queue more than one mod up for install, so now it's doing that thing where it displays nothing under Home, and only a fraction of the mods under Explore. So I can't look at the descriptions to try to get more details on where to place these campaigns. I'm going to step away to handle some IRL errands, and hope that it eventually fixes itself, since the last time I tried to Force Quit Knossos, it caused me nothing but headaches.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Destiny of Peace is seven months after FS1.
Awakenings is 3 years after FS1, not FS2.
Scroll is 11 years after FS2.
Inferno (both Classic and Nostos) is 33 years after FS2.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
To add to Eyebleach, its 4 missions long and pretty solid, leaning on the intense side.  It's also got a cool final battle between the GTD Aeneas and the NTD Jacobus.

(Like Exile, it suffers from a criminally short Knossos description page. They're both great campaigns!)

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Do we know roughly the amount of time between the end of FreeSpace and Silent Threat? It's roughly overlapping the end and slightly after the Great War, right? Thanks to everyone for the input. The list is coming along nicely in the first post!
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Do we know roughly the amount of time between the end of FreeSpace and Silent Threat? It's roughly overlapping the end and slightly after the Great War, right? Thanks to everyone for the input. The list is coming along nicely in the first post!

Silent Threat happens pretty much right away. Here's the timeline on the wiki.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Got Knossos working again. Will pore over these and work out the last tweaks to the list later. Anyone know if Unification War is worth looking at? Also, if I have Blue Planet Complete, no need for Blue Planet 2, I take it?
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Got Knossos working again. Will pore over these and work out the last tweaks to the list later. Anyone know if Unification War is worth looking at? Also, if I have Blue Planet Complete, no need for Blue Planet 2, I take it?

By Blue Planet 2 do you mean The Battle Captains? (I thought you meant War in Heaven as BP2.) I forgot they called that BP2. IIRC that's a fan mod of a fan mod. I've actually never played that one.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
(was editing my previous post, but I'll just make a new one  :p)

Timewise of the campaigns I mentioned:

Shivans: Phantoms takes place right after McCarthy is arrested, Echo Gate takes place at the same time as ST:R's Cloak and Dagger, and both campaigns actually give a nod to eachothers' fleet actions
Eyebleach: 72 hours before FS2
Walls Closing: During and after the 1st Sathanas fight, between Bearbating and Return to Babel
Procyon Insurgency: 18 months after FS2

Memories: Light of Antares and Hellgate Ikeya both take place immediately after the Taranis' capture and before the arrival of the Lucifer
Scrolls: Goober already listed this
Uncharted Territories: latter portion of the Nebular campaign in FS2, ends before Apocalypse.
Pandora's Box: shortly after the start of the NTF rebellion, or between 12-18 months before FS2

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
And my list is done. If anyone can think of anything else that's a must-play, polished, immersive, etc, let me know. I'm still curious if anyone knows anything about the Unification War mod.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Eh, I don't really want to dig at the people who made a go at that mod. It began with great intentions, but it's one of the legacy HLP mods whose scope far exceeded the time and motivation of the creators. The project got sidetracked by other ideas along the way. To their credit, it did ultimately release something that's a notable part of HLP history, but the campaign itself isn't the best. There have been a number of attempts at fixing it up over the years and I think it's in a somewhat playable state now. It's not a mod I generally recommend people play unless they are like Spart_n and insist on playing HLP's entire library of content.

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
no offense to the team behind UW but it was not even an okay experience, and i played the FSCRP version of it. would not recommend for streaming and entertainment purposes

Offline starlord

You can also try series resurrecta, a bunch of not so mini campaigns set just after the Great War.

And shrouding the light is a definite experience for those wishing to experience operations against the hammer of light.

While UW was polarising, I personally think it was a good effort. Also one of a rare kind to focus on that part of the FS mythos. I think the 158th squadron also released a small campaign that did this. I wonder if it was brought up to speck by the CRP? Also, BW’s frontlines mini campaigns occur just before Fs1
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 07:31:58 am by starlord »

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
It looks like someone made a general thread over on the old chans, where some of our videos, channels, mod names, and resources were posted. I figure we might as well support interest where it exists, so I'll drop a post there every now and then to keep interest and conversation going.

https://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/340689954
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
You can also try series resurrecta, a bunch of not so mini campaigns set just after the Great War.
Ah! How'd I forget to mention this?!

SR is a pair of high quality campaigns. Gehenna's Gate is my absolute favourite of the two, and is set in the days leading up to the Shivan defeat after the Lucifer's destruction. Spirit of Ptah is around a year later I think. I haven't played Frontlines in a long while, but I remember them being fun.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
It looks like that thread took notes from this thread, possibly. So maybe it's one of us. :ninja:

It looks like my playthrough, and Colt's and mjn's channels got linked as well.

Should I add Series Resurecta and Frontlines 2334 to my list? Or any of the additions on that thread's list like Bem Cavalgar and Reunion?
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What's your scope?  Do you want to play all the mods, or even most of the mods?  Do you want a curated list of top recommendations?  Do you want to play a selection of campaigns from each era?

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I'm definitely looking for a curated list of the top mods. The high quality stuff to show off what the community's capable of producing. Currently I'm mostly doing stuff that follows the timeline and universe of FreeSpace, but I know there's projects that are set in different universes altogether.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I just noticed that Silent Threat: Reborn got an update, but I cannot for the life of me find a changelog anywhere. It would be really nice if Knossos supported some sort of changelog. :/
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's a very small update.  I fixed a few briefing icon bugs, including the one in the last mission that showed an Orion instead of a planet.