Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > The Aftermath: Reboot

THE LAST UPDATE

<< < (4/8) > >>

Mito [PL]:
It absolutely is a classic.

Ah, the fond memories. Back in the day I randomly decided to play this specific campaign, and then I was like "Why people aren't talking about this? This is so fun!" and I guess I managed to convince some people to its merits.

At some point I was considering toying with the mod a bunch - so fixing some things, rebalancing a bit... and maybe introducing AF:R's own brand of insanity to Warmachine's own brand of insanity. Could've been glorious. Unfortunately, real life exists and takes up a lot of my time, so I feel like this is only a dream.

That said, good luck in your future endeavours, herkie!

Marguel:
I don't really interact a lot here, but I want you to know I did really enjoy AF:R, and to date it remains one of my favorite mods. Most of them are really short ones, but yours it truly massive. Also the only campaing where you actually beat the shivans!
I think no one has ever even make it there! (i did not play through the original inferno if it does)
Despite it being a little over the top, the sheer amount of work and love poured into it really shows.
Add that to the most satisfying capship missions ever encountered...

What I mean, is thank you for your time spent here, and I wish you luck in your next endeavours, whatever they may be!

BTW Would you be so kind as to let me use some of the ship models in my own campaign?

herkie423:

--- Quote from: Mito [PL] on July 16, 2022, 05:30:18 am ---It absolutely is a classic.

Ah, the fond memories. Back in the day I randomly decided to play this specific campaign, and then I was like "Why people aren't talking about this? This is so fun!" and I guess I managed to convince some people to its merits.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, Mito... 😆

We still remember the original when it was just 46 mission. Thanks, Mito.

If only I can get the new FSO 22s and latest MVPs to work on my end. There are a lot of mods out there that I REALLY like to play. I was lucky with the earlier 2016 version of BTA, Exile, and BPC--- I still play them using FSO 3.7.4/MVPS 2014.

Damn, I am really left behind.   :banghead:

herkie423:

--- Quote from: Marguel on July 16, 2022, 02:04:57 pm ---I don't really interact a lot here, but I want you to know I did really enjoy AF:R, and to date it remains one of my favorite mods. Most of them are really short ones, but yours it truly massive. Also the only campaing where you actually beat the shivans!
I think no one has ever even make it there! (i did not play through the original inferno if it does)

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Marguel. It means a lot to me.

By the way, you didn't really beat the Shivans, the race that occupies 3/4 of the Galaxy. What we had beaten in AFR were just the ones who pestered the GTVA in FS1 and FS2.

If you play the sequel AF2: The Blue Guardian, you will learn more about them but not all, not their true nature. I haven't touch that part of their lore.

Regarding using AFR's models, they are not mine. It's BPC's. Aside from everything else in mod making, I don't do models (I do reconfigure them though).

You should ask permission from the creators of those models especially the creators of Blue Planet Complete.

Mito [PL]:

--- Quote from: herkie423 on July 16, 2022, 10:25:03 pm ---If only I can get the new FSO 22s and latest MVPs to work on my end. There are a lot of mods out there that I REALLY like to play. I was lucky with the earlier 2016 version of BTA, Exile, and BPC--- I still play them using FSO 3.7.4/MVPS 2014.

--- End quote ---

In some other thread of yours I mentioned that you could just spend several dollars on a basic WiFi dongle for your computer, and use your phone's hot-spot functionality to get Internet access in your computer to work (since regular tethering over cable just didn't want to), but you haven't responded to it so I didn't want to push further.

Also, some user in Discord asked if there is some list of music tracks used in AF:R. I know there's some music used from BP, and if my memory serves that mod does have said list somewhere, but does yours have one somewhere? Preferrably including your own tracks/remixes used in the mod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version