Author Topic: The TDFx Apocalypse....  (Read 33651 times)

The TDFx Apocalypse....
This may be in the wrong forum, so apologies if it is....

I remember a long long time ago, i downloaded a warship called the TDFx Apocalypse. Im not sure what mod it was for, i cant remember. But it was 20 km long, resembling the terran medical frigate, and had 'electro-beams'....lots of them. Sparkly blue beams, comparable in strength to the Sathanas' main beam cannons.

Does anyone know where this website is ? Or what this ship is ? More info please....my memory is too vague....

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Re: The TDFx Apocalypse....
Ahhh, from the Machina Terra Project..  :)
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

MT? Well that certainly explains why I've never heard of it.  :p
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It'sa here! And we'sa have a nice version of it just waiting to be used, when the campaign gets finished (which if our fredder keeps upp, will be real soon! :D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

OOoooooooooooooohhhhhh......Machine Terra ! NOW I remember !  :P

Yer...i downloaded the TDFx Apocalypse ages ago. I saw it, then just put it in a FRED mission, put it up against 1 Sathanas and 3 Ravanas, to see who would win with beam cannons on.

TDFx Apolypse creamed the crap out of em.

The Apocalypse had a nice face-lift since then, though. Quite some time has passes since the release of that alpha mod.

The Apocalypse had a nice face-lift since then, though. Quite some time has passes since the release of that alpha mod.

Might i see a website link or a pic of this gorgeous ship please?

I don't think that there's ever been a public shot of the new version. Styxx has the last word on releasing any stuff to the public, but I think he's preserving the Apocalypse shots for that a-ha effect when you see it first in the campaign.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
WOW... You got an armed version? I just used the original unarmed version as a "Passenger-Liner". I don't even remember if the parts rotated yet, that's how old it is...

I agree, if you've revived it for MT, icksnae on showea... Save pics for the "Oooo!" Effect... That's what I said first time I ever saw it.  :D

Glad to hear it got a "face-lift", it DID need one.  :nervous: *runs*
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Well, yeah, the new - much improved, and textured by Dark, if anyone remembers him - version won't be shown before MT is released. The same is true for a lot of eye-candy stuff we have finished. We may have some new screenshots soon, though, as soon as I have time to work on one of the mod aspects that's not finished yet.
Probably away. Contact through email.

WOW... You got an armed version? I just used the original unarmed version as a "Passenger-Liner". I don't even remember if the parts rotated yet, that's how old it is...

I agree, if you've revived it for MT, icksnae on showea... Save pics for the "Oooo!" Effect... That's what I said first time I ever saw it.  :D

Glad to hear it got a "face-lift", it DID need one.  :nervous: *runs*

Long ago they had an armed version, i remember downloading it and having it blow the sh!t out of 2 sathanas' . Its 'electro-beam' cannons are littered all over it. Its over 20 kilometres long. Kinda looks like a GTM Hippocrates...only 20 kilometres long.... lol.

Friggin deadly tho....wish i still had that model.

Well, its been a long ass time since iver been here, but its good to hear progress is still,,,, progressing,, lol,  After 6 years,,,, it feels like duke nukem forever all over again,,lol,

Offline Roanoke

Well, yeah, the new - much improved, and textured by Dark, if anyone remembers him - version won't be shown before MT is released. The same is true for a lot of eye-candy stuff we have finished. We may have some new screenshots soon, though, as soon as I have time to work on one of the mod aspects that's not finished yet.

I assume that won't be with the old 256/512 PCX textures though ?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Im praying styxx has some sort of the originals... else it'll be a little bit of work to rework those >..>;;
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Friggin deadly tho....wish i still had that model.

I think it's still downloadable from the MT website

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I didn't even see it on the website.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wow they suck compared to the final one. Forgot how crap they were. :P

(compared to the one now of course)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils