Author Topic: Joystick turning lag  (Read 15396 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Random thought: did you make absolutely sure that your throttle was exactly at 50% before trying to set the twist axis?  I remember being frustrated several times because my throttle was positioned a bit north or south of its mid setting, so every time I tried to tweak another axis, the throttle would be detected as active and immediately overwrite it.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Avder, AV8R: Try disconnecting the joystick and then reconnect it. I had a similar issue where it seemed like all of my mappings went haywire, but after reconnecting I couldn't repro it again. Also, is this bank smoothly interpolated from 0% throttle to 100% throttle?

AV8R: Keep in mind that ship inertia still applies to your deflection acceleration. We're looking for a tiny initial movement that quickly grows to max rotvel here. Also, what is the framerate that FSO is reporting (use the -fps cmdline option)?

[EDIT] AV8R: I apologize if I seem like I'm ignoring you. There still is a definite lag between changes on the stick and what's applied to the craft, and it's a bit frustrating trying to track it down.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:27:08 am by z64555 »
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
The polling change works beautifully, but I'm having some kind of weird axis problem with the test build:

For some reason while in game, whenever my throttle is at zero,  my ship will be at full bank right as well. Throttle at max results in no banking.  Twist axis doesn't do anything.

I have no idea how this is possible, because they bind correctly in the menus.

And yes I've verified they both work (input lagged) in the non-test versions.

Sounds like probably the same problem as here.  I guess that particular bugfix needs to be reverted if it also has this kind of effect.

Offline Avder

Here's a video I just made that illustrates the roll/throttle weirdness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RNEHjGkL9I

At the very start you'll see my FPS ramping down to 30.0.  That's just my capture card limiting my FPS to 30 for capture purposes.

As you can see, as I manipulate the throttle upwards, I slowly stop rolling.  As I manipulate it downwards, I start rolling to the right faster and faster.

When I fire I'm twisting my joystick to the left and the right.  No response.

I then go into the menu and show that both axes bind properly, but then back in game again it does the exact same thing as before.

Unplugging the joystick and plugging it back in during play had no effect btw.  That part was not shown in the video.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ok, try re-binding the control axes from within FSO.
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Avder

Ok, try re-binding the control axes from within FSO.

....I did.  You can watch me do it in that video.  They bind perfectly, but don't function correctly.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Doh. right.

I've known about some issues with the Rx and Z axes, but I haven't seen that one in quite some time. I'll see if I can track down where its confusing/combining those two.

In the mean time, see if you can try remapping one of those axes to a different one from like Rx to Rz or whatever. I'll be busy most of the day, but this is definitely on my priority list.
chief1983

------------

Offline Avder

Right-o.  Let me just load up UJR and vjoy and see if different axes do anything.

Offline Avder

Okay, I've got vJoy and UJR set up to create an 8-axis virtual joystick.

Axis 1: X
Axis 2: Y
Axis 3: Z
Axis 4: Rotation X
Axis 5: Rotation Y
Axis 6: Rotation Z
Axis 7: Slider 0
Axis 8: Slider 1

X and Y on my stick were continually bound to the virtual joysticks X and Y axes.

I use my twist axis for roll, obviously, and throttle for absolute throttle axis.

Did a few tests, these are the results:

Test 1. Throttle mapped to Slider 0, Twist mapped to Z axis.  Game sees Z axis as Z axis and Slider 0 as rY axis.  Roll works perfeclty with no cross talk, throttle has no effect and no crosstalk.  throttle appears to be permanently set to 100% here.

Test 2.  Throttle mapped to Slider 1 and Twist mapped to Z.   Aborted.  Game does not even see Slider 1.

Test 3.  Throttle mapped to Rotation Z, Twist mapped to Z.  Game sees Z as Z and Rotation Z as rX.  Both axes work perfectly with no crosstalk.

Test 4.  Throttle mapped to Z, Twist mapped to Rotation X.  This axis order matches the physical joysticks natural axis numbering.  Game sees roll as rZ, throttle as Z.  Roll in game appears permanently set to 100% roll right, twisting the axis has no effect whatsoever.  Throttle functions perfectly with no crosstalk.

Test 5.  Throttle remains mapped to Z, Roll now mapped to Rotation Y.  Aborted.  Game does not see Rotation Y.

Test 6.  Throttle remains mapped to Z, Roll now mapped to Rotation Z.   Behavior as seen in the video.  Throttle controls both axes, twist has no effect, and throttle at 0 results in full roll right and throttle at 100 results in roll neutral.

Test 7.  Throttle mapped to Slider 0, Roll continues to be mapped to Rotation Z.  Roll continues to do nothing and as in test 1, throttle has no effect, no crosstalk, and appears permanently set to 100%.

Test 8.  Throttle mapped to Rotation Z, Roll mapped to Slider 0. Game sees Rotation Z as rX, sees Slider 0 as rY.  Throttle works perfectly with no crosstalk.  Roll is stuck at neutral, twisting the stick does nothing.

Some conclusions so far:

The game only sees 6 axes.  it completely ignores axis 5 (rotation Y), and axis 8 (Slider 1).

Axis 7 (slider 1) is broken in this build.  When it was my throttle it was stuck at 100%, when it was bound to my twist it simply did nothing.

Other axes similarly malfunction.  The only roll/throttle combination that worked was having the sticks throttle bound to axis 6 (Rotation Z) and the twist bound to axis 3 (Z).

If you want any other axis combinations tested just let me know.

Also running my physical stick through this virtual one seems to add some lag.  This is bad news for me, as I was planning on adding a CH Products Pro Throttle next month and using UJR to combine it with my stick into one device.  The lag it adds however still leaves it better than in a non-test build.  Makes it play about equivalent to my joy to mouse script.

Edit:  I'm not sure if running it through UJR adds lag or not.  One moment my brain will perceive it, then it won't.  Which is odd.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:35:15 am by Avder »

Offline Avder

Another unscientific test confirms that a tiny bit of lag is added by playing through UJR.

One of the nice things about the throttle axis is it's the only axis that gives a visual indicator of exactly where it is whenever the joystick is polled.

Since the throttle axis works when using the physical joystick but roll goes wonky, I just unbound roll.

Basically what I did was slam the throttle from 0 to 100 as fast as I could and watched for where the indicator was when I felt and heard the throttle reach its maximum.

Using the physical stick, it would usually appear to be at 65 or so when I felt and heard the throttle at maximum.
using UJR it would be at or just above 50%. So, like not much.

For comparison I tried to do this test in the antipodes build and the joystick is simply not polled fast enough for this test to even be performed.  The throttle indicator would just snap from 0 to 100%

Also does the joypoll test build do something different with video?  I noticed that it changes the gamma on my 2nd monitor, and the 2nd monitor gamma changes with adjustments to the in game gamma adjuster.  By contrast the antipodes build leaves my 2nd monitor alone and changes gamma only on the monitor the game is running on.

I should have tried to be a games tester for a living.

Offline Avder

And likely completely unrelated to the joystick, but I decided to play the shivan gauntlet in the 2014 media VPS mod of Freespace 2 (Extracted the multiplayer mission from the retail VP's and re-flagged it for single player), and the test build crashed twice in a row.  The first time it dropped gracefully to the desktop.  The second time it was a full blown crash with "the program... has stopped working" and the usual MS gobbledygook.

Can't post all three at once due to character limit, so indulge my double (or triple) post:

Graceful crash to desktop:
Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.7.3
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 11
  -ogl_spec 60
  -spec_static 0.8
  -spec_point 0.6
  -spec_tube 0.4
  -ambient_factor 75
  -soft_particles
  -post_process
  -fxaa
  -cache_bitmaps
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod MediaVPs_2014
  -no_glsl
  -fps
Building file index...
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_A-Glows.vp' with a checksum of 0xd8f529e2
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x337ffc37
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x23b7997e
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' with a checksum of 0xa69eade8
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' with a checksum of 0x070ae320
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0x6fbd3357
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0x6c8f665e
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_RadarIcons.vp' with a checksum of 0x04a9e65a
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x107a739e
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_A-Glows.vp' ... 1735 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Advanced.vp' ... 1654 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Assets.vp' ... 2015 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' ... 57 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Effects.vp' ... 2063 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_RadarIcons.vp' ... 24 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\MediaVPs_2014\MV_Root.vp' ... 848 files
Searching root 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\' ... 63 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\multi-voice-pack.vp' ... 307 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\FreeSpace2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root 'd:\' ... 0 files
Found 23 roots and 15935 files.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-lcl.tbm' ...
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-lcl.tbm' ...
Game Settings Table: Using Standard Loops For SEXP Arguments
Game Settings Table: Using standard event chaining behavior
Game Settings Table: External shaders are DISABLED
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".
You are not using OpenAL Soft. Disabling enhanced sound.

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX enabled: NO
  Playback device: Generic Software on Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  Capture device: Line in at rear panel (Blue) (R
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1920x1080 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : ATI Technologies Inc.
  OpenGL Renderer  : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
  OpenGL Version   : 3.3.11672 Compatibility Profile Context

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_float".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_geometry_shader4".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_array".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_transform_feedback".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_draw_instanced".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

No hardware support for deferred lighting. Deferred lighting will be disabled.
  Max texture units: 8 (2)
  Max client texture states: 8 (16)
  Max elements vertices: 2147483647
  Max elements indices: 16777215
  Max texture size: 8192x8192
  Max render buffer size: 8192x8192
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: NO
  Using trilinear texture filter.
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 797 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 52 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error message = Failed to open file.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_flak-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_exp-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dbrs-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error message = Failed to open file.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 36, 'l_hit.wav'...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 37, 'm_hit.wav'...
Windows reported 16 joysticks, we found 1
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-mfl.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error message = Failed to open file.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-aip.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 75 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 92 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 49 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (noeffect.eff) with 1 frames at 1 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 93 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (capflash.eff) with 40 frames at 10 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-obt.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'radar-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_root-hdg.tbm' ...
ANI support1 with size 108x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI damage1 with size 148x25 (21.9% wasted)
ANI wingman1 with size 71x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman2 with size 35x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman3 with size 14x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI toggle1 with size 57x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI head1 with size 164x132 (48.4% wasted)
ANI weapons1 with size 126x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI weapons1_b with size 150x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI objective1 with size 149x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI netlag1 with size 29x30 (6.3% wasted)
ANI targhit1 with size 31x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI time1 with size 47x23 (28.1% wasted)
ANI targetview1 with size 137x156 (39.1% wasted)
ANI targetview2 with size 4x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targetview3 with size 7x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_energy2 with size 86x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_reticle1 with size 40x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_leftarc with size 103x252 (1.6% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc1 with size 103x252 (1.6% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc2 with size 35x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc3 with size 41x29 (9.4% wasted)
ANI 2_lead1 with size 26x26 (18.8% wasted)
ANI 2_lock1 with size 56x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI 2_lockspin with size 100x100 (21.9% wasted)
ANI energy1 with size 12x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI 2_radar1 with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-str.tbm' ...
TABLES => Starting parse of 'ssm.tbl'...
loading animated cursor "cursor"
ANI cursor with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
MediaVPs: Explosions script loaded!
MediaVPs: Flaming debris script loaded!
Ships.tbl is : VALID
Weapons.tbl is : VALID
cfile_init() took 571
TrackIR Init Failed - 1
Got event GS_EVENT_GAME_INIT (49) in state NOT A VALID STATE (0)
PLR => Loading 'Avder.plr' with version 2...
PLR => Parsing:  Flags...
PLR => Parsing:  Info...
PLR => Parsing:  Scoring...
PLR => Parsing:  ScoringMulti...
PLR => Parsing:  HUD...
PLR => Parsing:  Variables...
PLR => Parsing:  Multiplayer...
PLR => Parsing:  Controls...
PLR => Parsing:  Settings...
PLR => Loading complete!
PLR => Verifying 'Avder.plr' with version 2...
PLR => Verifying complete!
PLR => Verifying 'Avidius.plr' with version 2...
ANI cursor.ani with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
PLR => Verifying 'Avder.plr' with version 2...
Got event GS_EVENT_MAIN_MENU (0) in state GS_STATE_INITIAL_PLAYER_SELECT (37)
PLR => Loading 'Avder.plr' with version 2...
PLR => Parsing:  Scoring...
PLR => Parsing:  ScoringMulti...
PLR => Parsing:  HUD...
PLR => Parsing:  Variables...
PLR => Parsing:  Multiplayer...
PLR => Parsing:  Controls...
PLR => Parsing:  Settings...
PLR => Loading complete!
CSG => Loading 'Avder.FreeSpace2.csg' with version 5...
CSG => Parsing:  Flags...
CSG => Parsing:  Info...
CSG => Parsing:  Missions...
CSG => Parsing:  Techroom...
CSG => Parsing:  Loadout...
CSG => Parsing:  Scoring...
CSG => Parsing:  RedAlert...
CSG => Parsing:  HUD...
CSG => Parsing:  Variables...
CSG => Parsing:  Settings...
CSG => Parsing:  Controls...
CSG => Parsing:  Cutscenes...
CSG => Parsing:  Last Missions...
CSG => Loading complete!
CSG => Loading complete!
ANI 2_mainwalk.ani with size 209x477 (6.8% wasted)
ANI 2_mainflyby.ani with size 509x189 (26.2% wasted)
ANI 2_maincrane.ani with size 192x116 (9.4% wasted)
ANI 2_mainexit.ani with size 319x174 (32.0% wasted)
ANI 2_mainbarracks.ani with size 273x158 (38.3% wasted)
ANI 2_mainreadyroom.ani with size 231x145 (43.4% wasted)
ANI 2_maintechroom.ani with size 69x119 (7.0% wasted)
ANI 2_mainoptions.ani with size 337x206 (19.5% wasted)
ANI 2_maincampaign.ani with size 308x190 (25.8% wasted)
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 0.258 (0.258)
Got event GS_EVENT_OPTIONS_MENU (8) in state GS_STATE_MAIN_MENU (1)
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 1.075 (1.075)
Got event GS_EVENT_PREVIOUS_STATE (7) in state GS_STATE_OPTIONS_MENU (5)
PLR => Saving 'Avder.plr' with version 2...
PLR => Saving:  Flags...
PLR => Saving:  Info...
PLR => Saving:  Scoring...
PLR => Saving:  ScoringMulti...
PLR => Saving:  HUD...
PLR => Saving:  Variables...
PLR => Saving:  Multiplayer...
PLR => Saving:  Controls...
PLR => Saving:  Settings...
PLR => Saving complete!
CSG => Saving 'Avder.FreeSpace2.csg' with version 5...
CSG => Saving:  Flags...
CSG => Saving:  Info...
CSG => Saving:  Missions...
CSG => Saving:  Techroom...
CSG => Saving:  Loadout...
CSG => Saving:  Scoring...
CSG => Saving:  RedAlert...
CSG => Saving:  HUD...
CSG => Saving:  Variables...
CSG => Saving:  Settings...
CSG => Saving:  Controls...
CSG => Saving:  Cutscenes...
CSG => Saving:  Last Missions...
CSG => Saving complete!
CSG => Loading complete!
Got event GS_EVENT_TECH_MENU (11) in state GS_STATE_MAIN_MENU (1)
Techroom successfully initialized, now changing tab...
Loading model 'fighter01.pof'
Submodel 'detail2' is detail level 1 of 'detail1'
Submodel 'detail2' is detail level 2 of 'detail0'
Submodel 'detail1' is detail level 1 of 'detail0'
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 1.515 (1.515)
Got event GS_EVENT_SIMULATOR_ROOM (58) in state GS_STATE_TECH_MENU (7)
Freeing all existing models...
CSG => Loading complete!
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 1.692 (1.692)
Got event GS_EVENT_START_GAME (1) in state GS_STATE_SIMULATOR_ROOM (20)
PLR => Saving complete!
=================== STARTING LEVEL LOAD ==================
ANI 2_Loading with size 824x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI 2_Loading.ani with size 824x43 (32.8% wasted)
Starting model page in...
Beginning level bitmap paging...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particleexp01.eff) with 10 frames at 8 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particlesmoke01.eff) with 54 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particlesmoke02.eff) with 39 frames at 24 fps.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-fbl.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (WarpMap01.eff) with 30 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (WarpMap02.eff) with 30 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Rock_Exp.eff) with 55 frames at 30 fps.
Loading warp model
Loading model 'warp.pof'
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shieldhit01a.eff) with 23 frames at 21 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shieldhit02a.eff) with 45 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shieldhit03a.eff) with 22 frames at 30 fps.
SHOCKWAVE =>  Loading default shockwave animation...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (shockwave01.eff) with 94 frames at 30 fps.
SHOCKWAVE =>  Default animation load: SUCCEEDED!!
MISSION LOAD: 'G-Shi-Sp'
Starting mission message count : 205
Ending mission message count : 208
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
Loading model 'fighter01.pof'
Loading model 'Manticore.pof'
Loading model 'Basilisk.pof'
Submodel 'detail3' is detail level 3 of 'detail0'
Submodel 'detail3' is detail level 2 of 'detail1'
Submodel 'detail3' is detail level 1 of 'detail2'
Loading model 'Astaroth.pof'
Loading model 'Aeshma.pof'
Loading model 'Mara.pof'
Loading model 'cruiser03x.pof'
Loading model 'Rakshasa.pof'
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'reactor', believed to be in ship Rakshasa.pof
Allocating space for at least 5 new ship subsystems ...  a total of 200 is now available (5 in-use).
OpenGL: Created 512x512 FBO!
ANI debris01 with size 51x38 (40.6% wasted)
ANI debris02 with size 26x19 (40.6% wasted)
ANI debris04 with size 36x27 (15.6% wasted)
=================== STARTING LEVEL DATA LOAD ==================
Loading model 'support2t-01.pof'
Submodel 'bodyb' is detail level 1 of 'bodya'
Submodel 'bodyc' is detail level 2 of 'bodya'
Submodel 'bodyd' is detail level 3 of 'bodya'
Submodel 'bodyc' is detail level 1 of 'bodyb'
Submodel 'bodyd' is detail level 2 of 'bodyb'
Submodel 'bodyd' is detail level 1 of 'bodyc'
Loading model 'Nephthys.pof'
Submodel 'Detail1' is detail level 1 of 'Detail0'
Submodel 'Detail2' is detail level 2 of 'Detail0'
Submodel 'Detail3' is detail level 3 of 'Detail0'
Submodel 'Detail2' is detail level 1 of 'Detail1'
Submodel 'Detail3' is detail level 2 of 'Detail1'
Submodel 'Detail3' is detail level 1 of 'Detail2'
Allocating space for at least 247 new ship subsystems ...  a total of 400 is now available (20 in-use).
About to page in ships!
ANI shield-f01 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-f10 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-f11 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shieldfs-01 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shieldfs-02 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shieldfs-03 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Subach_AniBitmap.eff) with 6 frames at 5 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (PrometheusR_AniBitmap.eff) with 12 frames at 5 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Prometheus_AniBitmap.eff) with 12 frames at 5 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Kayser_AniBitmap.eff) with 4 frames at 5 fps.
ANI Kayser_Particle with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
ANI Lamprey_Particle with size 92x86 (32.8% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (particle_red.eff) with 11 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (SbeamAglow.eff) with 24 frames at 60 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (SbeamAC.eff) with 30 frames at 40 fps.
Loading model 'rockeye.pof'
Loading model 'Tempest.pof'
Loading model 'NewHornet.pof'
Submodel 'detail-2' is detail level 2 of 'detail-0'
Submodel 'detail-1' is detail level 1 of 'detail-0'
Submodel 'detail-2' is detail level 1 of 'detail-1'
Loading model 'bombardier.pof'
Loading model 'crossbow.pof'
No subsystems found for model "crossbow.pof".
Loading model 'trebuchet.pof'
Loading model 'tag-a.pof'
Loading model 'tag-b.pof'
Loading model 'tag-c.pof'
Loading model 'piranha.pof'
Loading model 'stilettoII.pof'
Loading model 'infyrno.pof'
BMPMAN: Found EFF (missilespew04.eff) with 20 frames at 10 fps.
Loading model 'cyclops.pof'
BMPMAN: Found EFF (missilespew02.eff) with 20 frames at 10 fps.
Loading model 'helios.pof'
Submodel 'detail-3' is detail level 3 of 'detail-0'
Submodel 'detail-3' is detail level 2 of 'detail-1'
Submodel 'detail-3' is detail level 1 of 'detail-2'
Loading model 'EMPulse2.pof'
Loading model 'cmeasure01.pof'
Loading model 'ShivanCM.pof'
Loading model 'VasudanCM.pof'
Loading model 'S_Rockeye.pof'
BMPMAN: Found EFF (smissile1-glow.eff) with 20 frames at 20 fps.
Submodel 'rockeyelod2' is detail level 1 of 'rockeyelod1'
Loading model 'S_Hornet.pof'
Submodel 'hornetlod2' is detail level 1 of 'hornetlod1'
Loading model 'S_Harpoon.pof'
Submodel 'harpoonlod2' is detail level 1 of 'harpoonlod1'
Loading model 'S_Trebuchet.pof'
Submodel 'trebuchetlod2' is detail level 1 of 'trebuchetlod1'
Loading model 'ShivanCluster.pof'
Submodel 'shivanclusterlod2' is detail level 1 of 'shivanclusterlod1'
Loading model 'hornet.pof'
Loading model 'mx-50.pof'
Loading model 'debris01.pof'
Loading model 'debris02.pof'
BMPMAN: Found EFF (PWmuzzle.eff) with 4 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Gmuzzle.eff) with 5 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Bmuzzle.eff) with 5 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Rmuzzle.eff) with 4 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Cmuzzle.eff) with 4 frames at 30 fps.
Paging in mission messages
Stopping model page in...
ANI Lamprey_Impact.ani with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
ANI support1.ani with size 108x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI damage1.ani with size 148x25 (21.9% wasted)
ANI wingman1.ani with size 71x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman2.ani with size 35x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI wingman3.ani with size 14x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI toggle1.ani with size 57x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI head1.ani with size 164x132 (48.4% wasted)
ANI weapons1.ani with size 126x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI weapons1_b.ani with size 150x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI objective1.ani with size 149x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI netlag1.ani with size 29x30 (6.3% wasted)
ANI targhit1.ani with size 31x21 (34.4% wasted)
ANI time1.ani with size 47x23 (28.1% wasted)
ANI targetview1.ani with size 137x156 (39.1% wasted)
ANI targetview2.ani with size 4x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI targetview3.ani with size 7x20 (37.5% wasted)
ANI 2_energy2.ani with size 86x96 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_reticle1.ani with size 40x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_leftarc.ani with size 103x252 (1.6% wasted)
ANI 2_rightarc1.ani with size 103x252 (1.6% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc2.ani with size 35x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_toparc3.ani with size 41x29 (9.4% wasted)
ANI 2_lead1.ani with size 26x26 (18.8% wasted)
ANI 2_lock1.ani with size 56x53 (17.2% wasted)
ANI 2_lockspin.ani with size 100x100 (21.9% wasted)
ANI energy1.ani with size 12x41 (35.9% wasted)
ANI 2_radar1.ani with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)
ANI 2_Loading.ani with size 824x43 (32.8% wasted)
ANI debris01.ani with size 51x38 (40.6% wasted)
ANI debris02.ani with size 26x19 (40.6% wasted)
ANI debris04.ani with size 36x27 (15.6% wasted)
ANI shield-f01.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-f10.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-f11.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shieldfs-01.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shieldfs-02.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shieldfs-03.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI Kayser_Particle.ani with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
ANI Lamprey_Particle.ani with size 92x86 (32.8% wasted)
User bitmap 'TMP512x512+8'
User bitmap 'TMP512x512+8'
User bitmap 'TMP256x256+8'
Bmpman: 1933/4750 bitmap slots in use.
Ending level bitmap paging...
=================== ENDING LOAD ================
Real count = 514,  Estimated count = 425
================================================
SCRIPTING: Starting flashy deaths script loading

Class: gtf ulysses
DRM: 0.25
DE: 3
DM: 1

Class: gtf hercules

Class: gtf hercules mark ii

Class: gtf ares

Class: gtf erinyes

Class: gtf loki

Class: gtf pegasus

Class: gtf perseus

Class: gtf myrmidon

Class: sf mara (terrans)

Class: gtb artemis

Class: gtb artemis d.h.

Class: gtb medusa

Class: gtb ursa

Class: gtb zeus

Class: gtb boanerges

Class: gtdr amazon

Class: gtdr amazon advanced
FRM: 1
FE: 6
BE: 0.45
BEDu: 5000
BEDM: 2.5

Class: gts hygeia

Class: gtfr triton

Class: tc-tri
BE: 0.4
BEDu: 4000

Class: gtfr poseidon

Class: tc 2

Class: tsc 2

Class: tac 1

Class: ttc 1

Class: gtc fenris
FRM: 2
BE: 0.6
BEDu: 8000

Class: gtm hippocrates

Class: gtc leviathan

Class: gtsc faustus

Class: gtg zephyrus
BE: 0.55
BEDu: 7000

Class: gta charybdis
BE: 0.5
BEDu: 6000

Class: gtd orion
BE: 0.7
BEDu: 10000

Class: gtd hecate

Class: gtd orion#2 (bastion)

Class: gtd hades

Class: gti arcadia

Class: gtva colossus
FRM: 5
BE: 0.75
BEDu: 11000

Class: gtcv deimos
BE: 0.65
BEDu: 9000

Class: gtc aeolus

Class: ntf iceni

Class: ntf boadicea

Class: gtt elysium

Class: gtt argo

Class: gti ganymede

Class: knossos
BE: 0.8
BEDu: 12000

Class: gtsg watchdog

Class: gtsg cerberus

Class: gtsg alastor

Class: gtep hermes

Class: tc-meson bomb
FRM: 4
BE: 0.8
BEDM: 10

Class: gtsg mjolnir

Class: gtsg mjolnir#home

Class: gvf seth

Class: gvf horus

Class: gvf thoth

Class: gvf serapis

Class: gvf tauret

Class: gvb sekhmet

Class: gvb osiris

Class: gvb bakha

Class: gvf ptah

Class: gvs nephthys

Class: gvt isis

Class: pvfr ma'at

Class: gvfr bes

Class: vac 5

Class: vac 4

Class: gvfr satis

Class: gvg anuket

Class: gvc aten

Class: gvc mentu

Class: gvcv sobek

Class: gvd typhon

Class: gvsg ankh

Class: gvsg edjo

Class: gvep ra

Class: gva setekh
BE: 0.5
BEDu: 6000

Class: gvd hatshepsut

Class: sf dragon

Class: sf basilisk

Class: sf manticore

Class: sf aeshma

Class: sf mara

Class: sf astaroth

Class: sb nephilim

Class: sb taurvi

Class: sb nahema

Class: sb seraphim

Class: st azrael

Class: sfr dis

Class: sac 3

Class: sfr mephisto

Class: sc 5

Class: sfr asmodeus

Class: sac 2

Class: sc lilith

Class: sc rakshasa

Class: sd demon

Class: sd ravana

Class: sd lucifer

Class: ssg trident

Class: ssg belial

Class: ssg rahu

Class: scv moloch

Class: sj sathanas
BE: 0.75
BEDu: 11000

Class: shivan comm node

Class: sred
BEI: 0.2
BEDu: 200
BEDi: 100

Class: lred
BEDu: 600
BEDi: 300

Class: bfred
BEDu: 2100
BEDi: 1050

Class: terslash
BEDu: 350
BEDi: 175

Class: lterslash
BEDu: 150
BEDi: 75

Class: bfgreen
BEDu: 1900
BEDi: 950

Class: lrbgreen
BEDu: 1900
BEDi: 950

Class: bgreen
BEDu: 1200
BEDi: 650

Class: sgreen
BEDu: 210
BEDi: 105

Class: svas
BEDu: 350
BEDi: 175

Class: bvas
BEDu: 1100
BEDi: 550

Class: vslash
BEDu: 750
BEDi: 375

Class: green beam
BEDu: 200
BEDi: 100

Class: mjolnirbeam
BEDu: 750
BEDi: 375

Class: mjolnirbeam#home
BEDu: 400
BEDi: 200

Class: cyclops
FR: 100
BEI: 0.6
BEDu: 2000
BEDi: 1000

Class: cyclops#short

Class: rebel bomb

Class: helios
BEDu: 6800
BEDi: 3400

Class: unknown bomb
BEDu: 1500
BEDi: 750

Class: unknown megabomb
BEDu: 3200
BEDi: 1600

Class: shivan bomb

Class: shivan bomb#short

Class: shivan weak bomb

Class: shivan megabomb
BEDu: 6800
BEDi: 3400

Class: fusion mortar
FR: 20
BEDu: 80
BEDi: 40

Class: vasudan flux cannon
FR: 20
BEI: 0.4
BEDu: 500
BEDi: 250
MediaVPs: Flaming debris script ACTIVE!
Level load took 32.308998 seconds.
Received post for event GS_EVENT_START_BRIEFING during state transtition. Find Allender if you are unsure if this is bad.
Got event GS_EVENT_START_BRIEFING (15) in state GS_STATE_START_GAME (51)
ANI 2_BriefMap with size 918x400 (21.9% wasted)
ANI iconwing01 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter01 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter2t-02 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter2t-04 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter13 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter2t-03 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter2t-05 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconbomber2t-03 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconbomber04 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconbomber05 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconbomber09 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconbomber2t-01 with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconSD4 with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconScalpel with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconflail with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconPromR with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconPromS with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconNewton with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconKayser with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconCirce with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconLich with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconMX-64 with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconTempest with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconHornet with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconBombardier with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconCrossbow with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconTrebuchet with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconTagA with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconTagB with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconTagC with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconPiranha with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconStilettoII with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconInfyrno with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconbelial with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconHelios with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconEMPulse with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI icont-fightW with size 51x54 (15.6% wasted)
ANI FadeiconT-FighterW with size 51x54 (15.6% wasted)
ANI FadeiconT-FighterW.ani with size 51x54 (15.6% wasted)
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 39.173 (39.173)
ANI icont-fightW.ani with size 51x54 (15.6% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_SHIP_SELECTION (13) in state GS_STATE_BRIEFING (10)
ANI 2_ssfighter01.ani with size 560x368 (28.1% wasted)
ANI iconfighter2t-02.ani with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter2t-04.ani with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter13.ani with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter2t-03.ani with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconfighter01.ani with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI iconwing01.ani with size 32x28 (12.5% wasted)
ANI 2_ssfighter13.ani with size 560x368 (28.1% wasted)
ANI 2_ssfighter2t-04.ani with size 560x368 (28.1% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_WEAPON_SELECTION (21) in state GS_STATE_SHIP_SELECT (11)
ANI iconSD4.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconScalpel.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconflail.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconPromR.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconMX-64.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconTempest.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconHornet.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconBombardier.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconCrossbow.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_SD4.ani with size 332x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI iconPromS.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconNewton.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconKayser.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconCirce.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconLich.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_Kayser.ani with size 332x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_Circe.ani with size 332x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_Newton.ani with size 332x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_tornado.ani with size 332x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI iconTrebuchet.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconTagA.ani with size 56x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_trebuchet.ani with size 332x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_cross.ani with size 332x304 (40.6% wasted)
Loading model 'fighter2t-04.pof'
CSG => Saving complete!
Got event GS_EVENT_ENTER_GAME (2) in state GS_STATE_WEAPON_SELECT (16)
Entering game at time = 166.065
ANI shieldft-04 with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shieldft-04.ani with size 112x93 (27.3% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_OPTIONS_MENU (8) in state GS_STATE_GAME_PLAY (2)
Got event GS_EVENT_CONTROL_CONFIG (19) in state GS_STATE_OPTIONS_MENU (5)
PLR => Saving complete!
CSG => Saving complete!
Frame 60 too long!!: frametime = 0.531 (0.531)
Got event GS_EVENT_PREVIOUS_STATE (7) in state GS_STATE_CONTROL_CONFIG (15)
CSG => Saving complete!
Got event GS_EVENT_PREVIOUS_STATE (7) in state GS_STATE_OPTIONS_MENU (5)
PLR => Saving complete!
CSG => Saving complete!
ANI Head-CM2a.ani with size 160x120 (6.3% wasted)
997 frames executed in  30.001 seconds,  33.232 frames per second.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
At the very start you'll see my FPS ramping down to 30.0.  That's just my capture card limiting my FPS to 30 for capture purposes.

There's a watermark and a 10-minute limit, but this one doesn't lock your FPS at all (even FRAPS will lock at 30, 60, 90 etc):  http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/  $39 gets rid of the time limit and watermark if you wanted to do that. 

Also, if you want, I'll try to find another non-FPS locked software.  Maybe I can find a free open source one or something.  This one seems to work like WinRAR (just asking to purchase on exit).  Full version ~$30 (3800¥)

Offline Avder

Fullblown crash to desktop:

Well, this one seems to be just too big for the character limit, so let's try adding it as an attachment....

And the MS Crash window goobledygook...

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: fs2_open_3_7_3_joypoll-DEBUG.exe
  Application Version: 3.7.3.0
  Application Timestamp: 55d50490
  Fault Module Name: fs2_open_3_7_3_joypoll-DEBUG.exe
  Fault Module Version: 3.7.3.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 55d50490
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00c3a3c6
  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: fd00
  Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
  Additional Information 3: fd00
  Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Offline Avder

There's a watermark and a 10-minute limit, but this one doesn't lock your FPS at all (even FRAPS will lock at 30, 60, 90 etc):  http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/  $39 gets rid of the time limit and watermark if you wanted to do that. 

Also, if you want, I'll try to find another non-FPS locked software.  Maybe I can find a free open source one or something.  This one seems to work like WinRAR (just asking to purchase on exit).  Full version ~$30 (3800¥)

Eh, don't worry about it.  My computer is too old and powerless to do any super smooth capturing anyway.  Once I build a new system and get a card that has some kind of capture ability built in I'll worry about getting good software.  Thanks anyway though!

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
And likely completely unrelated to the joystick, but I decided to play the shivan gauntlet in the 2014 media VPS mod of Freespace 2 (Extracted the multiplayer mission from the retail VP's and re-flagged it for single player), and the test build crashed twice in a row.  The first time it dropped gracefully to the desktop.  The second time it was a full blown crash with "the program... has stopped working" and the usual MS gobbledygook.
Unfortunately, neither log contains any useful information (as far as FSO was concerned, everything was going fine when it suddenly stopped). The APPCRASH message with an exception code of c0000005 ("access violation") is odd (it's usually caused by accessing invalid memory, which a debug build should theoretically detect and report). When exactly is it crashing? The log seems to indicate it was mid-mission. Is it at a specific point in the mission?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Avder

Unfortunately, neither log contains any useful information (as far as FSO was concerned, everything was going fine when it suddenly stopped). The APPCRASH message with an exception code of c0000005 ("access violation") is odd (it's usually caused by accessing invalid memory, which a debug build should theoretically detect and report). When exactly is it crashing? The log seems to indicate it was mid-mission. Is it at a specific point in the mission?

Both times it was after I had destroyed a single ship.  The first time it happened a few seconds after the kill, the second time it happened as the Shivan fighter was exploding

The way I was playing was in an Erinyes with Kaiser and Maxim primaries and Harpoon and Trebuchet Secondaries. Also no wingmates.  Just drag their ships back to the ship pool.

To play the mission as single player, just extract it from the retail vp, open fred, and switch the flag from multiplayer to singleplayer and save with a different file name.

Also after deselecting the mod and running FS2 unmodded, the joypoll build gave me this error as the mission was loading:
Weapon type "TAG-C" found in loadout of mission file. This class is not marked as a player allowed weapon...skipping
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_3_joypoll-DEBUG.exe! <no symbol>
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 14 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlCreateUserProcess + 140 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlCreateProcessParameters + 78 bytes

No idea if that's relevant, but there it is.

I had to alt-tab back to desktop to get at the window this had popped up in.  After I told it to continue, it all ran fine, and I happily racked up 89 kills over my lunch break.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
It is not.

Also after deselecting the mod and running FS2 unmodded[...]
I had to alt-tab back to desktop to get at the window this had popped up in.  After I told it to continue, it all ran fine, and I happily racked up 89 kills over my lunch break.
So, wait, you deselected the MediaVPs and then FSO ran the mission just fine, no crashes?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
We've got two discussions going on here in this thread, could a moderator perhaps move the posts re: the crashes to a different one?

Avder: I'd like to thank you for being a thorough tester! We don't find too many folks that are willing to go through this level of detail without having somebody asking for every little thing. Again, thank you for your diligence. :)

Yes, FSO is still limited to 6 axis joysticks. One of my goals once antipodes gets pulled into mainstream is to upgrade to to accept any conceiable number of axes from a controller (since programs such as vJoy can combine controllers into one virtual controller).

There's still an issue with the Rx and Rz(?) axis not being reported properly in FSO, this can cause problems when referring between what the OS reports and what FSO reports.

MageKing was able to find the culprit, I made a test build off of it. But, I have a concern that I'd like to address first. If you have the time, I'd like you to test two builds for us so we can determine if polling is still necessary.

First, try this build: fs2_open_3_7_3_m2436_2-DEBUG

Next, try this build: fs2_open_3_7_3_m2436_2_nopoll-DEBUG

See if either one gives you crashes through the Shivan Gauntlet, or any other mission you think that would be a good test run. :)
chief1983

------------

Offline Avder

It is not.

Also after deselecting the mod and running FS2 unmodded[...]
So, wait, you deselected the MediaVPs and then FSO ran the mission just fine, no crashes?

Correct.  Ran fine, just with that pop under window I had to click okay with.   Only crashed while running the 2014 Media vp's.

Offline Avder

We've got two discussions going on here in this thread, could a moderator perhaps move the posts re: the crashes to a different one?

Avder: I'd like to thank you for being a thorough tester! We don't find too many folks that are willing to go through this level of detail without having somebody asking for every little thing. Again, thank you for your diligence. :)

Yes, FSO is still limited to 6 axis joysticks. One of my goals once antipodes gets pulled into mainstream is to upgrade to to accept any conceiable number of axes from a controller (since programs such as vJoy can combine controllers into one virtual controller).

There's still an issue with the Rx and Rz(?) axis not being reported properly in FSO, this can cause problems when referring between what the OS reports and what FSO reports.

MageKing was able to find the culprit, I made a test build off of it. But, I have a concern that I'd like to address first. If you have the time, I'd like you to test two builds for us so we can determine if polling is still necessary.

First, try this build: fs2_open_3_7_3_m2436_2-DEBUG

Next, try this build: fs2_open_3_7_3_m2436_2_nopoll-DEBUG

See if either one gives you crashes through the Shivan Gauntlet, or any other mission you think that would be a good test run. :)

I'll download both of them now and waste some Shivans.  I had a bad day.  I need to watch stuff explode.  :mad: