Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
Fate of the Galaxy / [FotG Update] May the 4th 2024
« Last post by wookieejedi on May 04, 2024, 06:32:42 am »
Happy Star Wars Day everyone! All of us at Fate of the Galaxy want to share an update for May the Fourth. A highlight list includes the following:

• Added the MC30, much thanks to Dark Visor as this fills a much needed gap in this ship size for Rebels. This ship can go toe-to-toe with other Imperial ships such as the Carrack and Arquitens and provides mission designers with even more matchup choices.
  • Updated the Mainhalls and Splash Screens to be 16:9 4k quality (massive thanks to Dark Visor for the composition shots!). These updates mean opening up FotG for the first time is crisp and clear, and provides lots of eye candy for players to look at while the game loads (even though it only takes 2-5 seconds for the game to load commonly).
  • Updated AI guard behavior when guarding stationary transport craft. Previously, the AI would go to its guard position and stop moving then face away from the target, which looked odd. Now the AI will align with the target orientation, so the formations and visuals look/feel far better and more movie-like.
  • Updated the N1 color variants to match the OT colors even better (thanks Limbert!).
  • Updated the special bomber view so that it feels more intuitive for the player and displays more useful information. Limbert even recorded some nice videos of it on our Discord if you want to check those out.
  • Updated the Shield Gate with a proper movie style opening and closing visual (thanks Dark Visor!). Dark Visor also created a template mission that shows mission designers how to use all the features of the Shield Gate, so that they can make their own missions sneaking or blitzing into a rapidly closing shield like in Rogue 1.
  • Updated cockpit models and textures on aspects of the cockpit that are now visible thanks to cockpit sway (thanks again Asteroth!). These updates help the cockpits feel even more movie-like.
  • Updated Project Alderaan with many fixes, polish, and cleanup.
  • Updated and fixed many other scripts and missions, which are too long to list here!

Community Connections
As always, we want to highlight all the amazing work that the FSO and SCP devs do, too. The dev team has continued adding bug fixes, optimizations, and many other enhancements that FotG uses. Just to name a few, MJN has completed the SCPUI to work with all FS Retail screens, including multiplayer, taylor has added a feature to finally allow Macs to automatically convert BC7 DDS images which are commonly used now, Goober has added multiple enhancements and even a big speedup to FRED, and Lafiel continues his wizardry with fixes for POFs, collisions, and FSO crashes. In addition, ShivianSPS, taylor, and Cyborg have pushed many updates for the excellent Knossos.NET launcher, which FotG will be releasing on since KNet is such a smooth and stable program now. As always, there’s many other devs adding great fixes, features, and other enhancements, too.

Moving Forward
Thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm! We are getting extremely close to our internal milestones for a public release and are very excited to share the game with everyone once those are completed. In the meantime, here are some new shots of a new ship and more.

May the Force be with you!

Nightly Builds / Nightly: 04 May 2024 - Revision b624019f3
« Last post by SirKnightly on May 04, 2024, 01:32:11 am »
Here is the nightly for 04 May 2024 - Revision b624019f3

Group: Linux
nightly_20240504_b624019f3-builds-Linux.tar.gz (Mirror)

Group: MacOSX-arm64
nightly_20240504_b624019f3-builds-Mac-arm64.tar.gz (Mirror)

Group: MacOSX-x86_64
nightly_20240504_b624019f3-builds-Mac-x86_64.tar.gz (Mirror)

Group: Win32-SSE2
nightly_20240504_b624019f3-builds-Win32-SSE2.zip (Mirror)

Group: Win64-SSE2
nightly_20240504_b624019f3-builds-x64-SSE2.zip (Mirror)

Code: [Select]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
commit 89e896198
Author: Dark-Visor
Commit: Dark-Visor

Add allowances for no alpha and spelling colour
 code/mod_table/mod_table.cpp | 17 ++++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

commit 0f4dc47db

Correction to subtitle_color check
 code/cutscene/movie.cpp | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

commit eacba95b7

Update to #6064 fix to correct code
 code/cutscene/movie.cpp | 9 +++++----
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

commit eb9c58dc2

Update Settings for movie subtitles #6064
 code/cutscene/movie.cpp      | 15 ++++++++++++++-
 code/mod_table/mod_table.cpp | 11 +++++++++++
 code/mod_table/mod_table.h   |  1 +
 3 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

commit d5a3813e8
Author: Goober5000
Commit: Goober5000

hide key-reset
 code/parse/sexp.cpp                 | 6 +++---
 fred2/sexp_tree.cpp                 | 2 ++
 qtfred/src/ui/widgets/sexp_tree.cpp | 2 ++
 3 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
Mission & Campaign Releases / Re: RELEASE: Ancient-Shivan War II
« Last post by cy387_lk on May 04, 2024, 12:20:48 am »
Yes, there is. Go to the getting started thread, click on the ‘pro tips to make you an ace’ post and you will see instructions (or a link to them) in there somewhere (possibly in the ‘optional software section)

Hope that helps 🙂
It does. Thank you! 👍
Scripting Releases / Re: Auto Shield Focus
« Last post by The E on May 03, 2024, 01:58:25 pm »
that link got killed when fsmods went down; unfortunately I do not have an archive of the BP FTP so the interface files are likely lost - that said, in order to remove that dependency, all that's needed is to remove the lines from shields_onInit.lua that load the interface graphics and turn the drawShieldQuadrants function into a noop
FS2 Open Tools / Re: RELEASE: Knossos.NET (KNet)
« Last post by kylekatarn77 on May 02, 2024, 06:19:20 pm »
Just messaged there, thank you!
« Last post by wookieejedi on May 02, 2024, 07:14:32 am »
I feel so stupid, but I feel like i'm copying the files per the installer setting instructions that are needed for the main game mods to show up, but nothing is working! Is there any very detailed instructions/help in any specific forum here/ I really want to use this!

Hmm are you on Discord? IF so I and others can likely more rapidly help you there :)
https://discord.gg/njTJXAhq87
« Last post by kylekatarn77 on May 01, 2024, 08:53:50 pm »
I feel so stupid, but I feel like i'm copying the files per the installer setting instructions that are needed for the main game mods to show up, but nothing is working! Is there any very detailed instructions/help in any specific forum here/ I really want to use this!
Between the Ashes / Re: BtA Bug Report Thread
« Last post by NicolayKhan on May 01, 2024, 01:16:32 am »
Fire primary and Fire secondary are bound to ctrl and space, and Joy-O button button 1 and 2, can be rebound to mouse, but they joystick stays there, so you can't have both keys and mouse buttons.
Mouse look axes were unbound, but can be added, again, joystick stays there as alternative.
Target nearest hostile is bound to Joy-O button 3, can be changed to middle mouse, but again, joystick stays there, and you can't have both H and middle mouse.
I have never connected a joystick to my PC, and this problem didn't happen with Freespace port, silent threat remaster or Blue planet. Creating fresh pilot or new keybind profile doesn't help.
You can't even modify an existing keybind preset, any changes you make can only be saved as a new one. There is clearly something wrong with the keybing options screen.
Scripting Releases / Re: Auto Shield Focus
« Last post by jr2 on April 30, 2024, 08:02:43 pm »
Supposedly that's the interface, although perhaps it also contains the rest?  Regardless, the link is now dead.  (Also, I did search for shields.7z and it is apparently not on my machine any more, or it's buried somewhere that's no longer included in the default search locations... briefly rustling around turned up nothing.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >