Author Topic: High Poly Moloch  (Read 36457 times)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
yeah do it yourself or stop moaning and just don't use it. Giving suggestions/critics is different than rejecting something at all nitpicking over minimal things.
I may understand arguing over the aspect of the nose (a big change indeed), but you are arguing about a couple of turretts placed offset and a minor change in the fov of some of them. I really hope that you are kidding about that, I may agree that the blind spots should remain the same of the original models, if present, but that's up, and this one could be easiliy fixed.
Hell, the gameplay doesn't change when you make modifications, but only if those modifications affect the way you play. You could even change the number of turretts and their position and don't change AT ALL the gameplay if you do it wisely, preserving the same blind spots and the real effectiveness of the defenses.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by KARMA
what I don't like is the inner part of the nose, the bubble. It is too small compared to the rest of the ship, ruining the overall "elegance", and compared to the prow's grey plating it should fill much more than now the space between the dents.

Missed that. Too small? I didn't change it, if I change it, there's gonna be another storm falling on me :p
More seriously, I was considering lowering the front of it, actually.
edit: like that:

And no, it doesn't require me to move the turret, it's just on another spot on the thing now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 10:28:22 pm by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
put more plates or something in that void n the front, try to make it sort of come together or something. maybe have some sort of extenion from the top part (wich doesn't look like you've done much with)

the ass end is looking sexy thoug, are we gona get some of those big red block engines? that would be so much cooler than the crap V did with them (why the hell did they abandon the big red block engines!? they are easy to make requier virtualy no textureing and look oh so cool)

don't worry about the nay sayers, I got all sorts of crap from people when I made the HTL deimos, and with Shivan ships I think you realy have a lot of room to play with, especaly with the uglier ships.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 09:19:18 pm by 57 »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nico

• Venom
mmh, well, i'm a fan of the red block engines too ( all my custom fighters have those save for the hydra ), but they would greatly benefit from tru glows, imho. Or that glow bar thing I requested, at least, in lack of something better.

I've narrowed the opening on the front.

How do you like the bent down "head"?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

remember this fearful shape
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Originally posted by Nico
3 people saying they like it only two hours after I posted, that's enough to make me think I'm right :)
There, a pic from the back, just coz I liked that shot:

Is it just me, or does the back of the Moloch look like the underside of a bigass Shivan Herc Mk. II?
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Originally posted by Turambar

remember this fearful shape

Take note that the Deimos in that pic has 4 extra dual-turret mounts (the sides of the darker grey area) :hammer:.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Nico

• Venom
There, I extended some kind of plateform between the two jaws, and I reduced the gap between them:

No more opening on the central missile turret.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yeah, that looks better, it still has the added detail without changeing the shape too much.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Okay.

I take it all back.

Ownage.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nico

• Venom
glad to hear, hem, read ^^

Now, save for the engines, I don't know what to do with the rear, and that's bothersome.
And damn it's 6.20AM, I forgot to go to bed :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 11:20:25 pm by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by ngtm1r
Okay.
I take it all back.
Ownage.

Agreed!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

great not put it in game!

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
wow you wen't from it's **** it it owns in like one minor change :lol:
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Hmm, the thing about the moloch is that unlike all other shivan ships (fs2) it's spike are pointing backwards not forwards. Now, look at ythe picture showing the back (4 pics up) and imagine that as the front. I'm not suggesting anything, but it's cooler.

And ownage btw.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Hmm...

Reverse it, make some slight texture modifications, and you've got yourself a new ship. ;) (The SCv Hcolom?)
-C

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Nose looks better now. :nod:
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
yeah much better
I meant that, disconnecting the bubble from the prows plating, it was smaller since originally you didn't feel it as a standalone but as part of a major structure covered by that nose grey plating. The result was like a men with a big body but a very small head ( someone remember the film beetlejuice?).
But it seem much much better now

Offline Cabbie

Major improvement, the first changes are good but this is perfect.