Author Topic: Preliminary test - Satis Freighter  (Read 9526 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Preliminary test - Satis Freighter
Modelview does display the uv data incorrectly. In game it is as it should be.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I can attest to this.  It worked during an HoL strike in FS1 with no probs.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by Raa

Good:nod:
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Originally posted by FireCrack
Sporks dont make good weapons, the prongs are too short, and it's too shallow for spooning out eyebrows.

i perfer to use a dull rusty spoon myself
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Some of us are too lazy to have a model viewer.

How about some pics?
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Raa

Is the map in non-power-of-2 sizes?  IIRC OpenGL (which I believe modelview uses) doesn't like that sort of thing.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by aldo_14

Is the map in non-power-of-2 sizes?  IIRC OpenGL (which I believe modelview uses) doesn't like that sort of thing.

Neither does the FS/FS_Open Engine.
It will resize the texture to the next power of 2.
Not using such 2^n size is a waste of memory.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
The map is whatever it was originally. I never touched map files. They are the ones Volition gave out with FS2.

AFAICS, it's modelview's fault. It cannot seem to display UV data properly for any ship that is either high poly, or using larger sized maps.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Flaser

Neither does the FS/FS_Open Engine.
It will resize the texture to the next power of 2.
Not using such 2^n size is a waste of memory.

Actually, I believe OpenGL doesn't resize, as far as modelviews' use is concerned.  I can't remember the place I read that, but I remember seeing it with an 800xsomething map I made when i first started modelling.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Originally posted by Raa
The map is whatever it was originally. I never touched map files. They are the ones Volition gave out with FS2.

AFAICS, it's modelview's fault. It cannot seem to display UV data properly for any ship that is either high poly, or using larger sized maps.
Well, that is indeed one of the weirdest bugs i've ever seen in modview. Aldo is indeed right - if you resize the map to be 1024x1024, it works fine.

However, mine works fine with 4096 res textures and any high poly model so far, so it sounds like you may have additional problems in your install Raa. :\

Oh yes, and brilliant job on the satis btw. :) :yes:
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities