Author Topic: [RELEASE] GTT Anteros  (Read 6046 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Modelled for BWO 2 years ago but never finished [same as BWO :P], so I decided to finish it and make GTA/GTVA heavy transport/dropship from it. HTL, PBR-textured, shiny, fancy and ready for deployment to the most hostile enviroments you folks can image :) . Basicly intended to be T-V War era craft, but shall fit to any other setting. Special thanks for Orph3u5 for naming it!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:59:46 am by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
yeah, sexy :-)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

"You got your tank in my space ship!" "You got your space ship in my tank!"

It's a very nice design and I will definitely use it, though it is too fat to replace another boarding ship in one of my missions  :P

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's a very nice design and I will definitely use it, though it is too fat to replace another boarding ship in one of my missions  :P
It's quite big. Bigger than Cain actually, but I my rescale it for your needs :]
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

In the said mission, it's used by pirates to dock (and board if not shot down before the docking procedure) with the GTSc Whiteside https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93365.0 and your GTSc Schrodinger https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93907... It worked before but had major clipping issues due to the size of it.

Well, I didn't even think of a rescale option... But this would be awesome!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

Grab a recent nightly and redownload the model from first post. Fully PBR version arrived :]. Now with high-res textures available!

Offline Luis Dias

really great looking :yes:

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Wow, that's nice! Thanks!  :D

Got it. :)

Just out of interest- you don't consider BWO still alive, right?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
No. It's dead and it should really remain dead. Some former team members and some very good freders from outside the team exactly know why and it should stay this way.

I managed to obtain permission to release one more model. Both from BlackDove and original autor. It's veeery hi poly and it's vasudan. Will be released when I find some free time to finish new normalmaps for it.

I know this doesn't fit exactly here, but if it's dead, do you think it'd make sense to ask for the release of a BWO dump on their board? This beauty here was hidden for 2 years, and I was told that Raven is an excellent model maker, too...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Raven is a master and actually the one who influenced my modelling style the most. And believe me, there are a lot of cool things in BWO. As far as I know, Raven wanted to sell this stuff somewhere, but I'm not sure what really happened to those models. If you want, go ahead and try to ask.

Offline starlord

regarding BWO, with the campaign practically done from what was said previously it sounds like a major waste

Offline CT27

regarding BWO, with the campaign practically done from what was said previously it sounds like a major waste

Goober and Raven would have debates on that subject on the board.

I sent PMs to Revan and BlackDove and asked them for a public statement what will happen with BWO, the models in particular.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
But a campain is actually fully retail-quality, with lots of boring and recurrent missions and generic narrative. It represents style of missions typical for early days of FS modding I call Low-Poly Era. BWO is the same story as Scroll but unlike BWO team, Goobed invested lots of time and effort at reworking old missions and recruiting additional freders. Meanwhile BWO was busy making more, and more models. You know which team released a very good project, and which one ultimately failed.

There were numerous proposals of reworking BWO campaign among the years and the names include many prominent, expert-level mission designers. But let's say that BWO team... Did not want to be helped. In a very big shortcut.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:33:01 pm by Nyctaeus »

But that would mean that they have tons of cool stuff to show off... in theory.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
In practice too. All locked on BWO SVN probably forever.

Since you apparently got access, you could release the password... ;7
Or PM it to me ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:54:25 pm by Nightmare »