Hosted Projects - Standalone > Wings of Dawn

RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1 & 2

<< < (24/25) > >>

Axem:
The debug log shows you're hung up on a warning. That's not a fatal error, you can just click no or continue or whatever it says.

For your font problem, it looks like you have a certain breed of AMD card that is known to be problematic for TTF fonts in general. Can you try the possible work-around in the below link?

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95368.msg1879261#msg1879261

Su-tehp:

--- Quote from: Axem on January 21, 2020, 09:22:29 pm ---The debug log shows you're hung up on a warning. That's not a fatal error, you can just click no or continue or whatever it says.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but (if I remember right) every time I click "Debug", the same warning comes up again and repeats no matter that I hit "Debug" or "Continue" or "Exit". And then I have to bring up the Task Manager to End Task in order to shut off the program entirely because there's no other way to end it.

--- Quote from: Axem on January 21, 2020, 09:22:29 pm ---For your font problem, it looks like you have a certain breed of AMD card that is known to be problematic for TTF fonts in general. Can you try the possible work-around in the below link?

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95368.msg1879261#msg1879261
--- End quote ---

I'll take a look at this.

Nightmare:
The trick is to select the debug window through Alt+Tab, not by clicking on first (only click the button when the window is selected).

Su-tehp:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on January 21, 2020, 09:36:22 pm ---The trick is to select the debug window through Alt+Tab, not by clicking on first (only click the button when the window is selected).

--- End quote ---

That's what I did. I alt-tabbed to see the window with the "Debug" or "Continue" or "Exit" option buttons. I pressed "Debug" and the same window still came up repeatedly.

As for inserting the fonts.tbl file into my /data/tables/ directory, Jellyfish said this:

--- Quote from: Jellyfish on January 04, 2019, 11:37:36 am ---
--- Quote from: Axem on January 04, 2019, 10:17:58 am ---Can you take this fonts.tbl and put it your /data/tables/ directory to override the one in the vps? It basically makes all the TTF fonts back into VF ones, so they won't be as nice but hopefully it'll work for you.

--- End quote ---
Great success! Texts are back.

EDIT: the missions, however, are gone. Every mission now loads a ghost where the player should be, no HUD of any kind and the words "top view" on the top of the screen. It is as if it was stuck in cutscene mode.

--- End quote ---

So I'm gonna try this later when I'm actually about to start playing WoD, which will be after a number of other mods I'll play beforehand because I don't want to take the chance of screwing up the other mods before I've had a chance to play them. :nono:

Axem:
Clicking debug will make the game try to open up the debugger in Visual Studio, so that's not something a normal player should do. Just click continue to get past the warnings. They are generally harmless. (Also once everything is working, be sure to go back to release builds!)

As for the issue that Jellyfish mentioned, I don't know if that issue is directly related or not. That sounded like a keybind/stuck joystick button issue.

Also if you're playing in Knossos, all the WoD data files are completely separated from everyone else. So you can put that table file in something like wod2.whatever/data/tables and it won't affect other mods. If you're not, WoD is recommended to be played completely standalone without being put in your main FS folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version